Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The rules are equal for everyone.
(06-14-2022, 09:08 AM)Gabe Wrote: I'm curious to hear from Killah here, since it seems like he was one of the staff online while this whole thing unfolded. I think the big takeaway of this thread is less of what happens to them as a result of this (not to say there should be zero punishment, but I don't expect anything major like bans or demotions) but more of what can be done in the future to prevent it. I was going to say similar things that Setro rightfully pointed out, so I will just reiterate. In the short time that I have been sparingly gotten on lately I've noticed that mic spam seems to be more of a selective enforcement rather than a universal enforcement to the extent that it becomes problematic. I have witnessed a lot more post-round mic spam and some other things that can qualify as mic spam such as singing. This is to say that if a guest was doing what Caribou was doing they likely would not have gotten as much leeway as Caribou did. The rules still state that mic spamming includes singing, yelling, and excessive speaking. Constant obnoxious noises can count too, which sometimes happens. I think it's fine for singing if everyone is alright with it, but if it truly bothers someone and it spirals out of control, like it seems partly in this case, they shouldn't be allowed to do it. No excuse for the obnoxious yelling though I'd say though it seems that the "victim" in this did keep egging it on as well, so, not one person seems at fault here. There were certainly better ways each party could have handled it.

Should be an internal conversation among the staff about how to go about developing a new universal way of enforcing mic spam, its limits, when to step in, and how to use discretion with it. It should ultimately be less selective. I love to have fun and enjoy hearing things like Caribou's singing in-game, but it has to be fair to everyone to avoid things like this. We need to not over police mic-spam so we can enjoy ourselves but we have to set some barriers with it across the board so it doesn't become arbitrary enforcement.

As far as punishments go, I don't think anything here is ban worthy given the circumstances. I would argue that there really shouldn't be any "punishment" for this (so "-1" in that respect). The "punishment" should just be an internal and then a community discussion about how mic spam should be dealt with across the board. Which is just more of being accountable than punishment for something that amounts to no more than some late night antics that got a bit out of control. No, I will not comment on the other thread because as I predicted, it's already getting buried and less attention.

*many edits cus I am watching as I go but I think I am done now, peace*

The answer 2 this is really simple: Screaming/mic spam=verbal warning=>gag=>warn
The end.
Ps:There is no discussion. If u are having fun=HAVE FUN!But not insult someone 2 have fun! Wtf?! The administrator only needed to intervene in this shit show. Ask not to break the rules, and not to break them yourself. (Just do what the rules say.)

What kind of person will get pleasure and fun from shouting and insults? It's all strange.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Salty - 06-14-2022, 07:34 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by August - 06-14-2022, 07:48 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Gabe - 06-14-2022, 09:08 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Monkey Magic - 06-14-2022, 09:36 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Murl - 06-14-2022, 11:03 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by voidzz - 06-14-2022, 09:45 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Salty - 06-14-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Jammin - 06-14-2022, 10:29 AM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by dong - 06-14-2022, 12:26 PM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by frost - 06-14-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: The rules are equal for everyone. - by Jammin - 06-14-2022, 12:59 PM