Poll: Do you like the rules and punishments on the server, as they currently are?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ye
29.41%
5 29.41%
na
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whatchu think bout the server's rules
1. In general, I believe our rules are fine for the most part. Everyone is coming forth with a valid argument regarding possibly changing harassment guidelines, as its something we are seeing more often in our server. However, I personally believe harassment should be a context-dependent case by case scenario, not one application for all. For example, the harassment from igobymany on 3mb3ry and his creepy behavior should be punished heavier than if I were to call someone a fucking idiot 10 times in a row. But, with people arguing harassment/sexual harassment being punished harder, I think this logic is flawed depending on context. Sexual harassment definitely, but just because someone is harassing the opposite gender etc doesn't necessarily make it sexual (not that anyone said it is). I think if we are to separate the two, we need heavy clarification on what the server considers to be sexual, and then yet again remember that sexual harassment can also go outside of TTT, which in most cases i'd say it does

2. 9, they are told well enough what to do when it comes to certain situations, and more often than not common sense is good. now, how often are they able to correctly handle situations? somewhere from 6-8, i believe not all situations are handled equally, nor should they be depending on the context. i.e, dong/mazzi situation, i believe it was handled properly for being late night ttt and genuine banter, if it was in the day maybe something different here.

3. It depends, we have people who are genuine funkillers and I stick by that. I do believe certain individuals are targeted more when it comes to their behavior, such as slurs etc, we have a few of staff that claim "people should know better" which isn't really a fair excuse to jump around guidelines and warn/ban people.

4/5. Following rules need to be changed, I think 2 warnings at max is plenty, three is way too many. Singing - with over 50% of server enjoying it should not be micspam, regardless if rules say it is.

I think salty's ideas should be considered as MINIMAL ban lengths, with staff discretion including anywhere from there up to +7 days depending on offense. Also, depending on the behavior, such as igobymany stalking 3mb3ry in discord and joining the calls that she's in, I would argue instances like this (as they are continued even after the ban) should be permabans, especially due to staff already warning the player of their behavior. I am not afraid to namedrop :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Salty - 06-16-2022, 06:55 AM
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Salty - 06-16-2022, 10:07 AM
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by voidzz - 06-16-2022, 03:05 PM