Poll: Do you like the rules and punishments on the server, as they currently are?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ye
29.41%
5 29.41%
na
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whatchu think bout the server's rules
First of all, I would like to thank everyone that has replied so far! Feedback is something that the staff team receives a lot, however, this feedback is sometimes completely useless because of how it is worded, how it is said, and various other things that limit the usefulness of those complaints. The discord team put out an anonymous survey asking similar questions like these regarding the discord server, I thought it'd be interesting to actually see what the community thinks of certain topics. Of course, this limits the amount of feedback due to people not wanting to come forward but, such is life...

As far as my own thoughts on this thread, I think the rules themselves are alright. They aren't novel, just alright. However, I do have an issue with how punishment works as a whole. I think that most of the staff team tend to adhere a bit too close to the staff guidelines and the rules themselves, sometimes not using their heads, but instead just following the wall of text laid in front of them to a tee. This is not inherently an issue, but, I feel as though if you do staff you need to have a bit of ---- for lack of a better term ---- common sense? Just to see that every situation is its own and you cannot really try to fix every issue the same way. This, of course, leads to staffing being vastly different from person to person with some staff members valuing the rules being upheld over the overall experience on the server. The opposite, and just as destructive, is also the case, letting things spiral out of control due to a lack of action being taken. Finding that sweet spot, in the middle of the two, is, in my opinion, the best place to staff. 

One thing that I do not like about the rules is the punishments. When we look at individuals that have an insane number of warns tied to their account, it's difficult to treat them as though they do not know what they are doing wrong. However, I feel as though this is a fundamental problem with the awarn system --- the idea that a person does not deserve a sort of courtesy call if you will. I think that no matter the player, no matter the punishment -- save for zero tolerance things, you know what I'm talking about -- everyone should get an initial 'hey, chill out dude'. If they continue after that courtesy, that's their own fault. This also makes appealing whatever punishment they received that much harder. Being banned for general trolling or micspam seemingly out of nowhere is no fun for anyone, especially the victim of the ban. Everyone should get a warning before they get banned. Not like, "Hey I'm about to ban you, just wanted to let you know." I mean, "Hey, if you keep up with this any more I will ban you."

As far as the revision of the rules, I have been thinking of a system overhaul that is more of a reorganization of the rules with an emphasis on ease of understanding why you got punished and ease of dishing out the punishments as well. 

TTT Rules ‘Tier’ Revision

Draft 1 6/16/22

This rule rehaul is not to fundamentally change the rules of the server, but rather, to reorganize them into a more easily digestible format. This rule revision is aimed to streamline not only the interpretation of the rules but also to ease the stress of giving punishments as well. The rules will be divided up into four separate tiers with each increase in tier and increase in punishment as well. These tiers will cover almost all of the rules that can be found on TTT, save for the specific TTT rules, listed below

- General TTT Rules
o Do not RDM
o Do not False KOS
o Do not Call Bounties

Tier 1 Rules
Kick – 6-Day Ban
Strikes expire within 2 weeks

- Spam
o This includes micspam, chatspam, chat flooding, arguments, and various other things that may interfere with gameplay or a fun, healthy server environment. Of course, this will have to be staff discretion
- False Reports/Lying in Reports
- Arguing with Staff
- Earrape queues
- Minor violations of Teaming & Ghosting
- Metagaming
- Prop Interference
- Karma Baiting
- Delaying

Tier 2 Rules
1 Week Ban – 1 Month Ban
Strikes Expire After 3 Months

- Racism/Homophobia/Use of Slurs/Derogatory Language
o Just because you do not use a slur does not make it okay
- Teaming
- Ghosting
- Abuse of glitches/Exploiting
- Abuse of Commands

Tier 3 Rules
3 Month Ban – Perma Ban
Strikes Expire After 6 months

- Hacking
- Harassment/Flaming
- DDoS Threats/DDoS
- Doxing
- Minge

Tier 4 Rules
This shit is like, really bad 6 mo – community ban

- Really bad shit
- Community ban type shit
- Ultimately staff discretion

The way this system works is simple, it’s just like playing baseball. If you get three strikes, you move up a tier – except for Tier 4. In other words, you would have to have to violate the Tier 1 Rules 9 times in order to receive a ban of 3 mo – perma. Of course, you could mix and match with 3 T1 violations and 2 T2, or a combination of things.

Of course, this is a very rough, early draft of what I want to eventually create but these are thoughts on a page, support Is very appreciated.

To parrot the things above, numbers are not set in stone, nor are the things listed within the tiers. I just wanted to put my idea into a doc and get feedback on it. Would this work? Or is this a shit idea that needs to be scrapped?
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator

Messages In This Thread
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Salty - 06-16-2022, 06:55 AM
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Salty - 06-16-2022, 10:07 AM
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Noire ♜ - 06-16-2022, 04:33 PM