Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Binoculars 2: the visualizing
Binoculars and visualizers have always been lackluster in terms of actual benefit gained in comparison to the other items available in the detective shop. Even back during the vanilla days of TTT these two were rarely seen as they have limited situational usage. 

I have a proposal: buff the binoculars by shaving off most of the body ID time and maybe combine them with the visualizer.

Here's a quick example of something I put together in my attempts to learn lua again. It spawns a temporary visualizer that lives for 5 seconds on the body which is enough for 1 death scene:
https://streamable.com/5qav09

Also, as a bonus (because visuals are fun) I gave them their proper 3rd person model/animation:
https://streamable.com/fvm2k7

Let me know what you think, and if you have any other ideas for functionalities that Binoculars 2 should have.
how does this interact with body bomb? does it spawn the explosion at the body or at the identification spot?
Holy shit this is sick. Unlimited visualizers or does it only have it for x amount of bodies?
(06-21-2022, 06:36 PM)lol bro Wrote: how does this interact with body bomb? does it spawn the explosion at the body or at the identification spot?

Binoculaurs (now) on their own don't trigger body bombs, I spent hours trying to test it and finally got it to work just for nothing to happen

It would be nice if these triggered the body bomb

Edit: Also while I'm here, lower the price of binoculaurs in the shop to 250k-500k points so people have some sort of incentive to buy and use it
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
damn add this rn actually swagging
(06-21-2022, 06:36 PM)lol bro Wrote: how does this interact with body bomb? does it spawn the explosion at the body or at the identification spot?
it won't interact with it, I think the body bomb looks for a player pressing 'use' nearby

(06-21-2022, 06:47 PM)euphoria Wrote: Holy shit this is sick. Unlimited visualizers or does it only have it for x amount of bodies?
No ammo for the weapon so it's unlimited. I figured that's fine with all of the use you can really get out of them. After all, most the time you can only sus someone if the visualizer provides anything helpful.
I'd leave the toilet paper 3D model only for the meme, the additional functionalities are very innovative imo
(06-21-2022, 07:09 PM)Murl Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 06:36 PM)lol bro Wrote: how does this interact with body bomb? does it spawn the explosion at the body or at the identification spot?
it won't interact with it, I think the body bomb looks for a player pressing 'use' nearby

(06-21-2022, 06:47 PM)euphoria Wrote: Holy shit this is sick. Unlimited visualizers or does it only have it for x amount of bodies?
No ammo for the weapon so it's unlimited. I figured that's fine with all of the use you can really get out of them. After all, most the time you can only sus someone if the visualizer provides anything helpful.
As a D you can see who the last person an individual saw before they died. If you have this piece of evidence and the visualizer shows the two player models are facing each other, would that be KOSable? I've been slayed for this before, but I don't think the admin understood how I came to this conclusion.
(06-22-2022, 09:03 AM)Sulfolobus solfataricus Wrote: As a D you can see who the last person an individual saw before they died. If you have this piece of evidence and the visualizer shows the two player models are facing each other, would that be KOSable? I've been slayed for this before, but I don't think the admin understood how I came to this conclusion.
I'd say no. As common sense as that situation might be, there's always the "possibility" that he is looking at someone standing between the killer and him. I think you could def put sus on it and kill in OT but there's always the chance he's staring at someone directly behind or in front of
(06-22-2022, 09:03 AM)Sulfolobus solfataricus Wrote: If you have this piece of evidence and the visualizer shows the two player models are facing each other, would that be KOSable? I've been slayed for this before, but I don't think the admin understood how I came to this conclusion.
Ive never had the visualizer show both player models only the model of the dead body.

I really like this good work Murl.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...