Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unrand request
Forum/Steam Name: cumphobe/boob (usually NotRand or bunniey or one of many many other things)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40546659

Who Banned You (Staff Member or System): Matt_St3 (Strongrule)

Reason For Ban: "Banned for image spread of forum staff and continuous social behavior" basically an accumulation of me making posts that turn into dogpile posts and then capping it off with a very very stupid meme of a staff member that was messed up

Length of Ban: Permanent

Reason for Admins to Unban: The main reason, same as Discord unban was, is that parties involved have forgiven, we talked it out, all is fine to my knowledge. Secondary one, and bigger one, is I'm making a pretty concerted effort to be part of the community in a positive way, and not be a causer of drama, again like way back when, and am trying to keep that up. I like to think I've been good in the discord, at least. And also there have been a few moments where I've had to get mods on for bans instead of being able to throw up a request, and it generally just hurts my ability to keep evidence if I don't use it right away because I'm unorganized with it, but that's not a big deal, more for convenience.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): yes a few times, if someone really wants the links ill provide them if asked but most everyone who will be commenting on this will already know all the deets so ill just leave it for now

Other: Not much here, just another kinda statement about how I know stuff was messed up, and an eye opener, and I'm trying, and I hope my attempts have been at least a bit evident to the staffing community.
Not really caused any major issues in discord from what I've seen.

Don't really have much to add to this. If you've made amends, then I'd prefer we just close the lid on the past and move on. Just... don't do anything that asinine again in the future.

+1. Best of luck to you
I honestly don't believe You should be unbanned in my opinion, and not to sound like a dick, just how many more chances are we wiling to give? You say you chage and maybe for a bit you do, then it seems later you get bored and go right back to your old self. How can we trust that it will be different this time? I do understand that actions are louder then words but still.

For now, becaus of those worries I'm going to -1
[Image: titan.gif]
-1 You compared a staff member to a known pedophile and ran a smear campaign because you didn't get your way the instant you complained about something. What's the point in giving you another chance if you've screwed people over in the exact same manner with every other chance you were given? You've done nothing to show that you're trustworthy, and giving you the opportunity to show you've changed is the same as giving you a free pass to do it all again.
I've been debating for a bit what to say.

I have a feeling that no one would be even entertaining the idea of an unban if you were a lesser known individual in the community. I don't like holding people to differing criteria for unbans based on clout, popularity, etc.

While all parties involved may have forgiven you, that doesn't mean that everything resets. Just because forgiveness is given doesn't mean that trust also has to be given. There were several major points along the way of making your infamous comparison image including where you asked to post it on the forums where you could have said "maybe this is a really shitty thing to do to someone". I'm genuinely worried that someone will once again get themself in your sights and then you'll cause problems.
I'm kind of on the same wavelength as both Reina and Chelll. You did something pretty monumentally bad, and though the involved party may have forgiven you doesn't mean you don't have to face the punishment for what you did. When a murderer is on trial a lot of times the family will forgive them in their victim impact statements, and yet the murderer still goes to prison for what they did. I know it's a pretty extreme example but it's the best comparison I can make right now.

I don't know if we're ready to have you back. I don't know if we ever will. As someone who never played with you or knows your character, and as someone who only really knows you from all the controversial things you were involved in, I'm not voting. Whatever happens, be easy my dude.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(07-04-2022, 10:25 PM)August Wrote: I'm kind of on the same wavelength as both Reina and Chelll. You did something pretty monumentally bad, and though the involved party may have forgiven you doesn't mean you don't have to face the punishment for what you did. When a murderer is on trial a lot of times the family will forgive them in their victim impact statements, and yet the murderer still goes to prison for what they did. I know it's a pretty extreme example but it's the best comparison I can make right now.

I don't know if we're ready to have you back. I don't know if we ever will. As someone who never played with you or knows your character, and as someone who only really knows you from all the controversial things you were involved in, I'm not voting. Whatever happens, be easy my dude.
are you REALLY trying to compare a meme to murder? Really.

+1 for unrand
[gBan] Turner has banned NuKulz - Duration: Indefinitely! (Sir, I would like to thank you for giving me the right to have this ban reason 'Mass Goomba stomp')
(07-04-2022, 10:43 PM)Penny Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 10:25 PM)August Wrote: snip

+1 for unrand

While August's example wasn't the best, you are also downplaying what Rand did by calling it a meme.
What he did was a targeted attack on a member of this community; we can at best call this harassment.

Let's keep everything in perspective here.
(07-04-2022, 10:25 PM)August Wrote: I'm kind of on the same wavelength as both Reina and Chelll. You did something pretty monumentally bad, and though the involved party may have forgiven you doesn't mean you don't have to face the punishment for what you did. When a murderer is on trial a lot of times the family will forgive them in their victim impact statements, and yet the murderer still goes to prison for what they did. I know it's a pretty extreme example but it's the best comparison I can make right now.

+1 for unrand

As I said, it was an extreme example. The point was that Rand is not obligated to be unbanned just because he was forgiven by the victim. He still did what he did, and if the admins see fit then he can potentially remain banned.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 

+1 for unrand
Yeah man calling someone a pedo is a real funny meme!

Alexa, Google "comparisons"
-1 for reasons stated above
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions