Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I resign
I agree with much of what was said here, especially regarding the sexual harassment, I will leave my opinion to what was said by others regarding this topic.

The only other comment I will say is it appears some of this screenshots regarding staff were taken out of full context, especially regarding Jammin. I have noticed you have a tendency to really sour on people who don’t agree with you about something, or that didn’t support your staff apps, and I feel that some of this was used to slight such people.

Overall I don’t want to take the main point of this post away, which obviously was the sexual harassment, I just would prefer to not see others unfairly dragged into the mud over a personal grudge.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
What Lemon wrote about sexual harassment really worries me.
She is definitely not the only female member of this community who has voiced her concerns about this matter (discord town hall, past female staff members, etc).

I think there needs to be a complete overhaul with how staff are trained to deal with sexual harassment and make the protocols for sexual harassment more strict.
With any rule set, subjectivity from staff members will come into play. From the pattern of the concerns brought forward by female community members, some staff may need some training in recognizing and dealing with sexual harassment.
Let's not get carried away with trying to make changes for the community through a resignation thread.

All of these complaints have been heard by the Admin team and we are working on addressing the issues with subsequent changes that will be occurring to handle future instances of this. Thank you <3
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Never thought I'd see the day where HR SH vids would be suggested as a solution for a gmod community
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-05-2022, 05:05 PM)Reina Wrote: Unfiltered harassment of women is ridiculously common in this community. I remember, as far back as 2019, arguing with Proper and a female (now-former) staff member because I was being harassed and then called sensitive/told to mute them. I came back 2 years later to the exact same treatment and response from staff, and now this community's gmod servers just aren't fun unless I'm drunk and in a call with people who won't be fucking gross. 

Rather than just writing harassment of women in the community off as jokes or telling female/feminine-presenting players and staff members that they should get over it, higher staff should start listening to those players and staff members so that women stop getting fed up and resigning or leaving the community on a regular basis. The common denominator in this high turnover rate of female staff and female members is male guests and male members of this community, yet nothing is being done because it's "just gamer humor".

It would be so, so easy to just say, "do not make sexual remarks towards other players or staff members without their explicit consent," but for some reason that STILL hasn't been added to the rules on any servers, as far as I can tell. There is absolutely no reason for Lemon to have to sit there and listen to male players say shit like "benny told me he gon eat yo ass out and fuk u like a human pretzel". I don't give a fuck if it's a "joke" or "gamer humor", that's just sexual harassment and she shouldn't have to deal with it while trying to do her job on the server-- or ever. 

Stop prioritizing male players over female players and staff. One group's fun should not be at the expense of a single person.
No seriously if you wouldn't say this shit to a woman irl why tf would you say it to a woman in any other situation. Anonymity makes people bold. I rarely ever talk anymore due to this and when I do its when I feel like I'm in a safe space with my buddies.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
woman deserve rites 2

lemon good staff

pls give rep if u minus 1 u like, hate women and don't think they deserve rites???
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
This post both makes me lament how our community treated one of its members, and makes me happy that an individual has removed a toxic situation from their life.
Lemon, I'm happy that you are focusing on real life, and I apologize for my contributions to your miserable time on the staff team.

Lemon and I are currently rectifying things privately, so I have no further comment at this time other than this:
Since I am mentioned in the document Lemon provided, I feel I have a both a right and obligation to properly defend and/or reconcile my actions as mentioned.
This defense has been prepared as part of a larger response to Lemon, but is being submitted to Lemon privately first so she can respond to my defense of actions. I will post my defense publicly after we first discuss things in private, likely later this weekend.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
You were a good staff member and you'll be missed around here, but I'm very glad you're putting yourself first. There is no GMod server, ESPECIALLY this one, that is more important than your mental health.

I can't give my honest opinion on the unfiltered version without being hit with another ban, so I'll just say that some of you guys really need to jerk off before getting on TTT. It is not hard at all to not be a creepy prick to every woman that joins the server. The treatment of Lemon by some of the other staff members was just atrocious as well. This is something that doesn't need to be swept under the rug and forgot about. 

Whatever though, seeya around Lemon!
wow people do really be lettin a gmod server influence them
Shame to see you go out like this... I understand the reasons. Always liked you as a staff member you were fair in most if not all the situations. Hope you do atleast visit!