Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PR Round suggestions.
Im actually unsure if what im gonna suggest is possible, or if its just far to much work to even be bothered. I think if possible some PR rounds could use some changes.

1. No Communication rounds, i think this could go as not many or any at all enjoy this round when it comes about. now i looked up PR rounds and im not sure if the list was accurate or not on what PRs there are. Anyway i think this PR could be replaced with the Tag PR.

2. OP murderer, this round really needs more ammo for the murderer as having only 3 shots is highly unfair when everyone else gets guns. it basically leaves the murderer to be picked off when the 3 shots are used up as the nades are just useless. more health more murderer would be nice, it takes 2 shots to kill the murderer i think 3 would fit nicely.

3. RPG Madness, this really should be a normal FFA. No its basically not already a FFA, if the murderer dies then the rounds over, in a real FFA there is only one survivor.

4. Cat and Mice, this mode the murderer should have normal amount of time so all 4 mins and not 2 mins. Additionally the murderer should not have a radar in this round.

5. Mice and Cat, this round should have the TDM mechanic so the bystanders cant just go around killing people, if there is no friendly fire like in TDM then it would force the players to actually play the round as it was originally intended to be played, and not a PR where people just rack up kills. murderer should also have double health in this round. 1 min time limit is perfectly fine.

6. FFA, this should be Guns only more about this later.

Now onto other suggestions not relating directly to any specific PR that we have.

1. I think there should be something in place where you cant have the same PR repeatedly chosen. say you chose FFA the next 1 or 2 PR cant be FFA, this would force some variety into the PRs when Certain people are on the server.

2. FFA variety.
2-A. Gun FFA everyone has a Gun no knife.
2-B. Knife FFA everyone gets a knife no Gun.
2-C. RPG FFA basically what i mentioned above with RPG madness change.

3. Double Murderer, and Gunman, Norms mentioned this in the discord at one point and i thought it was a great idea so its worth mentioning it here. 

Again im unsure if any of this can actually be changed, but these are my suggestions on PR tweaks that would improve the game significantly imo, more variety and better equalized rounds.
1. You'd be surprised how often this PR round becomes useful/desired/necessary. Murder isn't PH levels of daycare but it has its days.
2. I agree to giving murderer more ammo
3. Also agree, I think that'd be a lot of fun
4. Also agree, especially on a full server, though I disagree on the no radar comment
5. Disagree, I think this should remain as it is, though I think if a gunman kills an inno they shouldn't be blinded if the inno didn't have a gun out
6. No

1. I agree, it'd be nice to ensure variety. Probably not worth the effort to code though
2. Agree with all of them
3. I think this is actually being considered for normal rounds
Most likely this will be dependent on Dink actually coding it which is doubtful given his schedule, but who knows?
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
1. I disagree , No communications is actually pretty useful/fun.

2. I agree , murderer should have more ammo/health.

3. Also agree , this should be more like a FFA where players have minimaps since some new players camp with the rpgs , wasting half of the round. Also we shouldn't lose the RPGs & murderer should be removed from this round. 

4. I agree , except for the radar part.

5. I disagree.

6. I disagree.

As for the extra suggestions , Im neutral. 
Except for the FFA variety , this would make it too complicated & its basically going back to rule #6 about trying to change FFA. It should stay the way it is.
1. I am a massive fan of No Communication, so I hate to say this, but I believe you are wrong.

2. Murderer definitely probably needs more ammo, this round seems annoying for the murdered.

3. RPG Madness is code for RDM Round so yeah, it should be FFA.

4. My only issue with your input is the no radar option; let's say that the murderer is somebody who doesn't know the map. You're basically asking for delay to happen, although I do understand why you would say you want it gone.

5. I personally despise Mice and Cat because if I don't pull my gun out quick enough, I immediately get RDM'ed. I try to avoid this round at all costs, so I think making it a "TDM component" would make it interesting.

6. The FFA Variety option sounds like an awesome idea. I don't know how difficult that'd be to set up, but it sounds cool.

On to your suggestions:

1. Having a cooldown would be nice... I don't think coding it would be nice though; if someone wants to take the time to do that, then that's cool.

2. The Double Murderer/Gunman ideas are actually interesting ideas. I'd love to see if they could be implemented.
Surprised to hear people enjoy no communication, Ive only ever heard distain for that mode, still tho id like to see the TAG PR be introduced even if we still have No Communication.

As for the no radar thats simply because the Murderer already has a huge advantage over bystanders in that mode, tho i do see how it could be a issue for those that do not know the map vary well, but i dont see that as a huge issue, as they would more then likely still get kills and not really be delayed. kinda makes this PR like a mini HaS. no radar is the reason i suggested making the round me as long as a normal round.

I honestly dont see a argument for not giving Cat and Mice TDM mechanic, it forces players to actually go after the murderer without people getting pissed at each other for RDM causing RDM chain making the PR useless. Seen so many people complain about people just killing in this round simply because they can, its essentially a worse FFA with how it is.

numbers 3 and 6 directly involve number 2 of the second set of ideas, so i dont see why a few of you agree with one and not the other. Basically its splitting FFA into 2 FFAs and making RPG madness into a FFA. i think a knife FFA would be great, and a Gun only one would be great as well. two different sets of skill for each FFA. some people are better with one then the other.
1.I'm with other people. I actually like no communication power round than other ones. Just don't vote for it ?  
2.I agree. Going to talk with this about Dink someday. Murderers should have infinite RPG's.
3.We don't really punish RDM on those round's so it's basically free for all. I will look forward trying to make free for all instead 1 murder. So you don't go blind after you go kill someone.
4.I agree except no radar.
5.I disagree. I feel like power round itself is fine the way it is now.
6.no

1.Going to be super honest I don't think Dink has enough time to code this imo.
3.I recommended @"Dinkleberg >:(" adding double murderer and double gun mans and he agreed with it. The only issue was it was freezing people's game which is worse than crashing .He says this is the next thing he want's to add. It will take  some time but I can't give you time frame rn.
Still strange to me people are so against making FFA gun only, but like the idea of a knife only FFA and RPG madness into a FFA. The reason Number 6 says FFA gun only is because of the idea for a variety of Free for alls mentioned in number 2 of the second list, it would make Free for alls less stale, boring and repetitive. Variety is always better.

Having radar I’ll give up on that one lol. Even tho I think the murder already has a big enough advantage.

Cat and mice I really don’t see why adding the TDM mechanic is a bad idea. The PR round is completely useless because of the mass RDM regardless if RDM is enforced or not. The integrity of what that round is supposed to be is ruined by the fact people just kill when they feel like it, and some people use it to farm points. If the players are forced to actually hunt down the murder like the mode is intended. then it again would not make it feel like it’s a Worse version of FFA. People rarely bother to play the round as intended and rather just shoot the first person they see.