Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Times New Roman
I've sat on this for a bit but I think I'm going to make this official now. 

-This feeling/questioning first hit whenever I saw Dong resign. I was asking if what I was doing here with the team was something I really enjoyed. Seeing others, such as chellllman and Ryzif also step down expressing their frustrations also made me ask myself this same question again. I have given this a lot of thought, and I've decided the following:

- After taking a break and answering this question internally, I have decided that resigning from all Dink's staff positions AND leaving this community is the best course of action for me and those in the community. 

-I have no enjoyment playing anymore. 

I physically cannot make myself play if I don't know at least half the server because I don't want to deal with annoying morons. Considering that is supposed to be what I am asked to do since I am staff, I don't think I can live up to the expectations that are required for a Test Moderator, and as a result, I believe that I've become part of the problem rather than the solution. I've had no desire to reinstall the game (as I uninstalled it when I took this break) and as a result, I would just simply be "inactive staff."

This community deserves staff members who want to be here, and to be frank, I don't want to be here any longer.

I would like to thank several individuals before I leave entirely: 

To @Laced Xanax  : Thanks for telling me not to "have a stick up my as 2 years ago. I don't think you understand how much that helped me both in my personal life and on here. I'm not kidding by the way; that was legit great advice and helped me gain respect of my colleagues in school, get me in a position to have a high chance of success in my future endeavors as a teacher, and understand the difference between disciplining and being weak willed. I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be a "deeper meaning" statement  and was probably more likely you giving me a hard time, but I took it to heart. That kind of reflecting, although it took a while to develop, got me out of multiple toxic friendships and I appreciate you giving me that push I needed to better myself.

To @reina   : Thanks for always being blunt with me and holding me accountable. You always have never been afraid to voice your opinion directly, and I appreciate that immensely. Please continue doing that for others, as it helps people improve their overall quality to be effective staff members while also bringing unique perspective into the discussions. You might think you're just someone who "shitposts" at times, but I respect you.

To @EpicGuy  : You and I didn't get to staff together very often or for very long, but we always seemed to have the same mindset on how to approach issues. It always was nice to have someone who has a similar approach to thinking on a team with you, so I will miss having those discussions with you. Please continue giving this community guidance, as you are someone I'd consider a very well-knowledgeable individual on the staff team who isn't currently on the upper-level staff team. Continue giving good insight and pointers to people when they have questions; you are indeed a great man, if not also considered Epic (pun intended).

To @murl  and @chibill : I absolutely love you both. You're one of the main reasons I would keep playing. Please keep being a beacon of light in the community, both of you. Chibill finds new ways to amaze me with his wizardry of understanding Lua and Murl is consistently one of the most hilarious players I've had the pleasure of playing with during my time in this community. 

To @dong  : You had always been an inspiration for me to join this team both times. I respect the hell out of you, and I am very honored that I got to work with you. Your approach to situations is something I hope I can emulate in my classroom. I hope that I have the kind of respect I give you when I am teaching and eventually am in administration.

To  @Jammin: Your ability to always stay consistent in your viewpoints, acknowledge if you've made a mistake, and overall friendly attitude are several things I strive to do when I become a teacher in the future. I immensely respect you for all that you've done for Dink's, and I'm honored to have worked with you on the Discord team. You are incredibly thorough and you take the time to always listen to anyone's perspective, even if you disagree with the logic.

To @bryanbrr : I'm sorry I let you down again. I said, and it most definitely was. I wasn't trying to do a "me against the world" mentality this time like it was when we were staffing together in 2020 and I feel that you are the current beacon of hope. Please continue being you, as you are well-respected due to your insight, your professionalism, and your overall presence in the community. You are someone who truly is trying to bridge the gap between the servers and make us a genuine community. 

To the TTT Staff Team: Thank you for giving me another chance to work with you all; I really enjoyed this time, and although it's been very short, I really wish you all the best. Please get a Town Hall meeting planned soon so the community can discuss their issues with the state of things and you can help improve the overall experience of ALL players! 

To the Discord Staff Team: Working with you all helped me work on not constantly making impulse decisions so I seriously appreciate you all. You'd think that you can't learn these kinds of  things from an online community, but shockingly enough, you can if you are willing to grow as a person. This has come in handy with personal situations that have come up in my life, and bettered my handling of stress. 

There are several others that I would love to individually thank for their contributions and impact on me, but I'd be writing a novel rather than an essay, and let's be honest: nobody's going to read that. 

I have no intention to cut ties with the great friends I've made in this community though, as you all are incredible people who made me feel welcomed here; so please,  if you wish to keep in touch, my discord username is saltychapdaddy#0417 and my Steam Friend Code is 848006097. 

Thanks for everything you've done for me as an individual, Dink's Gmod | Fast Downloads | Staff Needed Community. It's been fun, but I believe I should close this chapter and move on to other things.

Sincerely,

blockhead/Salty
on god say sike rn bishass

or finna catch my hoands layer
[Image: WkL2uR6.jpg]

Jokes aside goodbye salty o7
Goddammit you motherfucker. It was fun joking around with you on discord, and even when you made your rare appearances in Prop hunt. Goodbye, man :(
[Image: image.png]
so thats what the giveaway was for

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
This fucker smdh

im sobbing rn
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tns8kcfrjwyj5obqbo...y.gif&ct=g]

All seriousness although it sucks to have you leave it's always best to do what's right for yourself. I just wish you would have waited a day. You certainly made a turn around in the community and left positive impacts in most places you were especially as staff. Peace out mate.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Good Bye Salty! Had the best of time staffing with you.

I wish you the best of luck in the continuation of your life. 73
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
I honestly didn't think about how my resignation would affect "lower" staff, but I'm honestly not sorry in your case. You went above and beyond during this tenure and now you can focus on your real life. You have big things coming brother and I wish you luck with all of that. I'm happy to have served with you once again it was a pleasure.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers