Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Official Fall 2022 Map Poll
Hi Everyone,

A Google forms poll of the current map list (excluding maps so broken they will be removed) can be found here:
https://forms.gle/P6yq15zv1HPKKWfV8

Please take the time to respond and let us know if you want certain maps kept/removed/could care less.

Additionally, please suggest maps you would like us to check out and possibly put on the server!  Please include a link to the server.
Remember, we can't use maps that require CSS.
I do not know how much power the admin team has over this but is there a way you guys can fix the ratio in which maps appear for voting?

I just saw some maps on the poll that I forgot existed because they basically never appear as an option(i.e.  office construct)
[Image: unknown.png]
Bring back Backyard and house_v3.
Bring back island house
[Image: image.png]
Ph_resturant 2019
[Image: titan.gif]
submitted
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
I'll come back from the dead here for a quick second. There is a reason I started editing maps and I think you'll find that out very soon. To get a map that fits the needs of the server is next to impossible at this point. Most maps have 32 or less spawns and css content not embeded to the map. Myself and the rest of the senior staff team at the time looked for hours and 99% of them required editing to fit in. Now that wouldn't be so much of a problem if they were actually implemented and tested right before being put in. Some mistakes in the current map pick are my fault cause I didn't find some errors, but some I didn't test myself cause I got so tired of putting in hours of work for nothing to happen. So unless you can edit maps again... good luck.

And to answer Wilfry's question, no the admins have no power over maps at all, Dink is the only one who can do a damn thing..... we know how that goes but I digress from that. But there is a solution to maps being constantly in the map vote and others never showing up, TTT. There map vote system is more customizable then ours. It has the ability to put a cooldown timer on maps. Myself and past admins have suggested this.... I think we can tell how that went. 

Anyway that's my two cents. Good luck, you'll need it....
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

Put in my responses, thanks!
Former Discord Moderator and Prop Hunt Trusted 2021
(08-12-2022, 09:05 AM)Lt. Star Wrote: I'll come back from the dead here for a quick second. There is a reason I started editing maps and I think you'll find that out very soon. To get a map that fits the needs of the server is next to impossible at this point. Most maps have 32 or less spawns and css content not embeded to the map. Myself and the rest of the senior staff team at the time looked for hours and 99% of them required editing to fit in. Now that wouldn't be so much of a problem if they were actually implemented and tested right before being put in. Some mistakes in the current map pick are my fault cause I didn't find some errors, but some I didn't test myself cause I got so tired of putting in hours of work for nothing to happen. So unless you can edit maps again... good luck.

I really think we should look at reducing our player slots to 32 players and turning the overflow server into an actual second prophunt so we can use some real maps
(08-11-2022, 08:11 PM)Wilfry Wrote: I do not know how much power the admin team has over this but is there a way you guys can fix the ratio in which maps appear for voting?

I just saw some maps on the poll that I forgot existed because they basically never appear as an option(i.e.  office construct)
I asked Dink at one point when he was on DR about adding map nominations for PH to fix this issue and his exact response was 'that would be a shit show lol'

I wish I had explained further to him what I meant about this, the way TTT handles map nominations works perfect and prevents maps from being overplayed (bitnanner, minimall, etc)

If this is possible I would love to see it implemented
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]