Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ryan722 Trusted Application
I’d like to preface this whole application by saying I recognize I’m slightly below the playtime requirement, and a couple days short of the community activity requirement. With approval from Icey, I’m posting a little preemptively to get some feedback, and I’ll certainly have met the requirements by the time the application is closed, regardless of the decision y’all make.

Ingame Name: Ryan722

Discord Tag: Ryan722#0964

Time Played:
~93 hours
[Image: FutaJgIn9EhvmTwsRvH_EFC1RRUAC_aWVY0_mKN6...TFIxMYTHUE]
Link to my Gametracker page
[Image: C3d4tLxmiQSpC2aFMX_k66wmuYBZbhpFcmTrBhfs...5bJspACXLc]

When First Joined: 7/22/22

Availability:
Timezone: US East (EST/EDT)
Weekdays: Evenings/Nights, 7PM and later (sometimes all day if I WFH)
Weekends: All day

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular/Donor

What can you do to help the community:
As a long-time TTT player, as well as an experienced moderator, administrator, and community leader, I feel I bring a lot of expertise to the table, and can help enforce the rules on the server, attract new people to our servers and community, and keep existing Dink members comfortable and having a good time. I know the rules of the gamemode, server, and community, I'm very comfortable managing the logs and Report/Warning systems, and I am intimately familiar with a variety of situations in TTT and gaming communities in general. I also recognize that sometimes as a staff member you have to sit out a round to handle issues when things get crazy in-game (looking at the logs for reports, getting evidence for ban requests, etc.), and I’m willing to sacrifice playing the game to better enforce the rules on the server.

In addition, I like to think I’m a friendly face to members and newcomers alike. I genuinely enjoy playing on the servers and interacting with the community, and am not just looking to punish RDMers and trolls. I make an effort to actively answer questions from guests (how to fix my textures, how to go to forums, how to report, etc.), I don’t lose my temper, and I treat people with respect. Positive staff interaction can instill confidence in the community, and trust that the servers are being well maintained and cared for. I would like to help contribute to strengthening the bond of the community by developing friendships with members and newcomers, and fostering friendships between people as well.

Overall, I’m cool-headed and professional, immensely experienced with ULX/TTT/RDM Manager, and very enthusiastic about the prospect of helping maintain the server and community.

Why you want to help the community:
I developed a real love for the spirit of and friendships made in gaming communities during my high school and early college years. Returning to Gmod after finding some more free time in my post-grad life, I was thrilled to find this community full of friendly, obnoxious, eager Gmod players with whom to make friendships and prop kill people play games. Game servers and communities need experienced, level-headed, and friendly staff members to keep the peace and keep the game fun. Unmaintained and unmoderated servers don’t attract players, which discourages new members, in turn reducing donations and threatening this lovely environment for friends to interact and game with one another. All of that being said, I’d very much like to play a part in making the server and the community as a whole a better place to play and hang out.

Have you been previously banned?: No.

Have you previously applied for staff?: No.

How did you find us?: The TTT server popped up in the Server Explorer and caught my eye. What a fateful day.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for the rank you are applying for?: Yes.

Other:
To give some context to my aforementioned experience: I have over 2,000 hours of gametime and three years of cumulative time moderating, administrating, and leading gaming communities, both in Gmod and CS:GO.

• High Standard Gaming (R.I.P.)
    • April 2014 - December 2014 (8 months)
      • Moderator, Admin, Super Admin, Community Manager, Luminary (basically Co-Owner)
      • Moderated/managed TTT server, staff, forums, and Teamspeak
    • January 2016 - April 2016 (4 months)
      • Served as Admin for the newly revived TTT and Minecraft servers until the community again suffered a financial death
  • Sepiroth Gaming (R.I.P.)
    • January 2015 - August 2015 (8 months)
    • Moderator, Admin, Community Manager, General Manager
    • Moderated and managed TTT, Bhop, Deathrun, and Prop Hunt servers, FTP, Teamspeak, forums, and staff
  • Libeus Gaming (R.I.P.)
    • August 2016 - October 2016 (3 months)
    • Moderator for Harry Potter RP server
  • Compact Gamers (R.I.P.)
    • October 2016 - March 2017 (6 months) | September 2017 - January 2018 (4 months)
    • Moderator for Bhop, TTT, Surf, Deathrun, and Discord servers.
  • Horizon Servers
    • December 2017 - May 2018 (6 months)
    • Admin of Bhop, Surf, and Discord servers, moderating primarily for trolls, spamming, harassing, etc.

Now, I know that some years have passed since I served in these roles. I was 15 years old as an HSG Admin, and I’m now 23 and have been away from Gmod and moderating for a little while. That being said, I think through life experience (high school, college, M.S., real-world job, etc.), I’ve honed the skills I developed serving in these communities, and can use my culmination of experiences to help improve the Dink community. In addition, the time I’ve spent on the servers and in the community since my return to the scene have certainly refreshed my memory quite a bit.

I also can see my listing all of these administrative roles being confusing when I’m simply applying for Trusted. I recognize that Trusted doesn’t hold all of the responsibilities that I’ve taken on historically, and do not intend to overstep any boundaries or role expectations that have been set in place. I only want to give some transparency into the experience that I have and what I can offer the community, as Trusted and any role that potentially follows. That being said, I am more than happy to step up to the plate and take on additional tasks/responsibilities when the circumstances call for it.

Sorry for the lengthy read, but if you’re still here, thanks for taking the time! I'm more than happy to receive any feedback or questions you may have :)
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I think we can let the playtime slide. Ryan is one of the few donors who uses their "powers" correctly. They are incredibly level headed and from the way they acted during the town hall alone should show you that they are capable of having the staff role.

Huge  +1.
+1 from me. is gud dude and his experience speaks for itself on how he would be an asset to our community.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
I havent played with you too much in game but when I have you are a super chill and nice dude you are active on the forums and in discord so Imma go with a fat +1 Good luck on your app dude :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
-1 mp9 user, jk. I've played with you off and on a good bit and I think you're pretty chill. I think if you were given this opportunity you would do well. The -7 hours might be a bit of a drawback depending on how Bryan and Nicol want to do that. If they do the same standard that we did while I was still admin they can just leave this open for a bit and actually consider the app once you hit 100.

Anyways, +1 from me
I agree that the app should remain open until he hits the 100 hour mark. This man has an entire Garry’s mod resume and is in good standing with the community. +1 from me
The time requirement will not be an issue. Despite not playing much with Ryan, it is not hard to see the potential and value that he will add as a staff member. He is level headed, well rounded, and has prior experience. He has been helpful with ban requests, takes interest in the well being of the server, and I constantly see him helping out the server and keeping the peace.

This is an easy +1!

Good luck my friend!
Who saw this coming?

I'd like to see the app remain open for a few weeks and considered once the required community and gameplay timers have been met.

You remind me a lot of two rats or bryanbrr when they were coming up the ranks. Despite being a relatively newer player, you've integrated well within our community thus far and have been a strong participant in various TTT endeavors, be it testing, town halls, etc.

I'm a little bit hesitant to fully gun-ho support this app just because of the aforementioned hours/time requirements, but I think given your repertoire in prior communities, you would do well with us.

+0 for now, +1 after requirements are met in a week or so
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I've played with Ryan a handful of times and he was cool to play with. More importantly, he added the last period at the end of his acronyms so that's an instant +1...

...Moreover, him having an entire GMod resume, like Dirtypizza said, and wanting to plunge headfirst into the fecal collection we call staffing this server should be reason enough to let him be Trusted. I don't think we're going to learn much else about Ryan's character that will dissuade the Admins' opinion in the next 7 hours that he needs to play. Although, this could lead to people questioning why their application with less than 100 hours wasn't considered when Ryan's was. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Long story short, why the heck not? +1
Major +1. Ryan's got a whole freakin' moderation resume and uses his donor powers well. I don't think being under by 7 hours is that much of a concern in this case, but I don't see a problem with keeping this app open until he hits 100.
"Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!"