Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on hit reg TTT/ Give me song suggestions
So I wanted to discuss the hit reg with the ttt community, what's ur thought? Me personally, I feel that it has improved and downgraded. Maybe it's because they nerfed my bhop :@ besides the revenge nerf of my beloved bhopping, I think that sometimes it registers my hits very well here and there and other times it doesn't. Probably because I chose to pick the pump shawty but it feels off yk? Now I get it's a divisive topic with many comments I've heard saying the hitreg isn't great and a few saying it's good. Personally on the fence but leaning towards it's not the best but I still congratulate the people that worked on the new update. That's my comment on it and would want to see people's reactions to it and maybe even let staff hear some thoughts and criticism. 

Also put your favorite song or recommended song, I need some more music plz  Blush Heart

Live, Laugh, Love, Ben Llama...
was bhopping actually nerfed or are you one of those nerds who spams crouch while jumping
(08-24-2022, 04:43 AM)man lover Wrote: was bhopping actually nerfed or are you one of those nerds who spams crouch while jumping
bhopping wasn't nerfed entirely, just when you crouch spam mid air, but sometimes when you first crouch then jump it does sort of like a small crouch jump and then you can't bhop into it, you have to jump then crouch so semi-small nerf.
Want to add it was duckhoping that was nerfed. :P

Also I have also had some strange hitreg, but mostly I think it may be because in the past leyhitreg was maybe giving out hits it shouldn't have been while also missing some it should have.

Like with the shotgun, the pellets spread out in a cone from your player, (annoyingly in a random fashion, so they all might be on the left area of that cone). And since we bumped up the pellets in the shotgun blast this update (and lower each pellets damage so that it is still the same over all) it could be that more pellets miss then hit compared to before the update.

I have had 1 or two mis regs lately as well, but its alot less then I use to have, at least for me.

Also for a song suggestion: American Pie :P
I would say I don't like the new change. Crouch jumping is annoying now and not intuitive after playing 400+ hours on the server. I also think that some of my shots aren't being registered when using the winchester. I'm gonna say its a no from me dawg and would like to see it changed back.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
(08-24-2022, 10:44 AM)SwiftBadger*No Monitor* Wrote: I would say I don't like the new change.  Crouch jumping is annoying now and not intuitive after playing 400+ hours on the server.  I also think that some of my shots aren't being registered when using the winchester.  I'm gonna say its a no from me dawg and would like to see it changed back.
The crouch jumping I can see being annoying, but can't each player switch back to the old hitreg locally in the F1 settings? I.e. if you don't like it, you don't have to use it, right?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(08-24-2022, 10:50 AM)Ryan722 Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 10:44 AM)SwiftBadger*No Monitor* Wrote: I would say I don't like the new change.  Crouch jumping is annoying now and not intuitive after playing 400+ hours on the server.  I also think that some of my shots aren't being registered when using the winchester.  I'm gonna say its a no from me dawg and would like to see it changed back.
The crouch jumping I can see being annoying, but can't each player switch back to the old hitreg locally in the F1 settings? I.e. if you don't like it, you don't have to use it, right?
Actually, the opt-out option for the hitreg makes it use the default TTT hitreg instead. Far as I know, Leyhitreg has been entirely removed. (good riddance)
(08-24-2022, 11:14 AM)man lover Wrote: Actually, the opt-out option for the hitreg makes it use the default TTT hitreg instead. Far as I know, Leyhitreg has been entirely removed. (good riddance)
Ah okay I hadn't realized this, thanks for clearing up. I wonder how the default hitreg compares to Ley and Moat's (probably poorly, I'm guessing).
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I like the new hitreg and I also like the hitmarker noise because you can throw an incen and then be on the other side of the map and hear people being burned by it

I don't like that I can't press crouch and then jump anymore now, I have to press space then crouch which I will have to get used to
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
(08-24-2022, 10:16 AM)chibill Wrote: Want to add it was duckhoping that was nerfed. :P

Also I have also had some strange hitreg, but mostly I think it may be because in the past leyhitreg was maybe giving out hits it shouldn't have been while also missing some it should have.

Like with the shotgun, the pellets spread out in a cone from your player, (annoyingly in a random fashion, so they all might be on the left area of that cone). And since we bumped up the pellets in the shotgun blast this update (and lower each pellets damage so that it is still the same over all) it could be that more pellets miss then hit compared to before the update.

I have had 1 or two mis regs lately as well, but its alot less then I use to have, at least for me.

Also for a song suggestion: American Pie :P
ah gotcha, so would the client for some reason register blood splatter even tho some of the pellets may have shot right next to the hit box but not necessarily hit the player? and i’ll check out that song!

I totally feel you, same for me, I don’t like the duck hopping nerd with me being used to it for so long and now feels really off to jump then crouch to be able to get around certain ledges or just bhop.

(08-24-2022, 11:47 AM)Nazu(s) Wrote: I like the new hitreg and I also like the hitmarker noise because you can throw an incen and then be on the other side of the map and hear people being burned by it

I don't like that I can't press crouch and then jump anymore now, I have to press space then crouch which I will have to get used to
definitely love the addition of hitmarker, it’s very helpful to tell when you are doing damage i.e weapon damage, grenade damage, t and d weapons, etc. very nice addition  Sleepy