Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... my first time doing this...
Ingame Name: slater

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:90030088
Discord Tag: slater#0018

Time Played: 262 hours (not sure to add another 100 for reaching regular and then add 262 hours for added time after reaching regular but if so, 362+ hours)

When First Joined: Nov 15, 2017 6:20 P.M.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):  Usually around 10-12 pm MST on weekdays and 4-12 of 1 on weekends

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: Well not necessarily can but have done is helped Tmod's, especially @chibill, @EpicGuy, @coco??, @Jammin, @"Bryan Brr", @Raider Hanks, and any other staff members, gag and report users that spew racial slurs, mic spam, report rdm/mass rdm/ardm on the server or forums to mods/tmods/admins, kick players that spew racial slurs, rdm, etc. when staff is not available or on. What I can do is be able to moderate and help the server and help other staff members that may need necessary help checking reports and make sure to have players feel safe and comfortable in the server without getting harassed, discriminated, slurred at, or rdm'd by other players that want to ruin other players experiences. 

Why you want to help the community: I want to help this community because I have been with this community for the last few months but I have recently been playing more TTT and learning players and staff in the community that I can be able to communicate and have a great time with. I've wanted to be apart of a community, most importantly, a gaming community that allows me to thrive and be able to enjoy my time around others and also put myself out there. I would want to be able to learn about others and even get my first experience as a staff member to see what it's like to moderate a server as a trusted and be able help other staff members into making the server into what they envision as a welcoming warm experience for new players but sort of a home for current players to play in. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No :)

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): NO

How did you find us?: I just happened to stumble upon this server when I was casually playing on my shitty laptop back in the day and I wanted to try a new experience in gmod besides playing sandbox and screwing around making horrendous ragdoll physics and playing alone. I wanted to be able to play with people and this was the server that had popped out and thought, might as well try it and see how TTT works. (Best Decision I ever made)

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: I don't have much experience staffing on any server and would like to be able to get a vibe of how to moderate a server, be able to help the community out in any way possible that I can and be able to help current and new players that are to come. I appreciate the time that this server has given me and I'm glad to be able to play in this amazing community and hope to see you all around in the server!
+1 from me.

Slater is ceaselessly friendly, well familiar with the rules, and evidently capable of making a proper ban request. Pair those things with a desire to help the server and the community and I think he's a great candidate.

Best of luck :)
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I don't think I've seen slater do anything bad while I've been on. The occasional RDM but who doesn't RDM occasionally? No mic spam (he barely uses his mic but that's not the point), no chat spam (he did pervert my bind with his own gross bind, but that's not the point), friendly, and easy to build a rapport with. And like I've been saying recently, if there's someone that wants to help clean up this wasteland, by all means!

+1
(08-26-2022, 11:26 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: I don't think I've seen slater do anything bad while I've been on. The occasional RDM but who doesn't RDM occasionally? No mic spam (he barely uses his mic but that's not the point), no chat spam (he did pervert my bind with his own gross bind, but that's not the point), friendly, and easy to build a rapport with. And like I've been saying recently, if there's someone that wants to help clean up this wasteland, by all means!

+1
I happen to think my Dinkleberg rdm sponsor round bind is very special and adds to the lore of dinkleberg with a side note of it being beauteous
+1 From me!

Slater is super help to current staff even as a donor. Especially when we have a lot of people on just to cause trouble. (An example was back on the 20th when I was absorbed into dealing with well over 8 RDM reports for a single round (had 24 in total that map) and actually put myself into spectator mode to do so, and people friends with the RDMers were slurring and just being a pain.)

He also follows most of the rules. :) Which is always a plus for me.
I figured this was coming +1 Good luck :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
played with him once

eh, seems ok

+1
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
+1 Good player and is knowledgeable and easy person to get along with.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
+1 just take the balls out your throat, otherwise ur fine all around
This is a no brainer, +1. There's no downside to having slater as staff. Give him something to do that isn't sweating his balls off on server.

Just remember:

"One who does something he hates just because he's told to.. is called an errand boy."