Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hit reg
Alright been playing the new update since it came out and I for one and a few other people have been noticing that the new hitreg system in place is very broken.  I feel like a lot of my shots aren't landing properly and I think this needs to be investigated further.  I think also that the old crouch jump system needs to come back as well.  Anyone else have thoughts?
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
the new jumping/crouching system is good, but the new hitreg definitely sucks. I just turned it off and use gmod reg, which is still worse than leyhitreg but not nearly as horrific as the moat one.
new hitreg makes me want to scoop out my eyeballs instead of pulling my hair out

never thought id say this but bring back leyhitreg
Im not very good to begin with but with the old hitreg I could kill some people now im lucky if I can kill 1 lol
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
I'm not even sure how to compare it tbh, all I noticed is a stark change. is the new hitreg actually more precise or what? I just thought the weapon rebalance was the reason
Nah the new hit reg sucks ass
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I don't have much to say about hit reg itself. But I have been experimenting on the Dinklebergs TTT test server with an addon I made. 

https://imgur.com/a/qPRq4Wb

This shows some information on why hit reg feels so different.  leyhitreg would to the hit calculation on both sides and as long as the hit was possible (that is as long as no wall was in the way.) it would allow the hit even if the server said no hit happened. (This is why Caribou once had a hit kill someone after they had ran way from where he shot them back when we used leyhitreg.)
PLEASE FIX HITREG CHANGE IT BACK

TAKE SERVER OPINION

the jump/crouch fix is fine tho
(08-26-2022, 10:20 PM)chibill Wrote: I don't have much to say about hit reg itself. But I have been experimenting on the Dinklebergs TTT test server with an addon I made. 

https://imgur.com/a/qPRq4Wb

This shows some information on why hit reg feels so different.  leyhitreg would to the hit calculation on both sides and as long as the hit was possible (that is as long as no wall was in the way.) it would allow the hit even if the server said no hit happened. (This is why Caribou once had a hit kill someone after they had ran way from where he shot them back when we used leyhitreg.)

So it can show a hit on clientside but not register with the server? And correct me if I'm wrong but is the new hitreg (or is this the old version) generating two different hitboxes?
Thats actually not even related to the hit reg. Thats just GMod in general having a client aide hit hox and a server aide hitbox.