Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hit reg
i can confidently say that regardless of what hit reg we use it will always have its problems. if its server side you will always have times where your shots hit on your side, but the server wont count it. having client side hit detection has its own problems, notably being that people lagging may be able to shoot you around the corner more often. that being said i am not as familiar with how client side hit reg works compared to server side.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(08-27-2022, 11:33 PM)Battons Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 03:02 PM)racist Wrote: Bad take. Game isn't fun for newer players going against people who jump crouch spam with jumppacks, mow them down with the mp9, etc etc. Don't comment if you haven't played it.
Also a bad take as I quite literally balanced this server with the other admins for over a year... regardless, I disagree with you, my point being that new players want to feel good and a better arguement would be to make jetpacks more accessible or lowering the skill ceiling of using weapons instead of increasing it like we have been doing but this is gmod and it isn't exactly gaining as many new people as it used to.
Sorry but I have to agree with racist, jump crouch spamming with the jetpack had no place within this gmod server or any. It was the bane of new players as they could do nothing against the man wearing a jetpack and spard more peomming their crouch bind like their training their pinky to lift weights. I heard more people complain abt that than anyone has complained about the weapons being accessible, as most of them are and don't require a lot of skill. Crouch jump spamming getting removed has been beneficial to all involved.

new hit reg imo is okay. I've played on other servers that have used this same style of hitreg before and I don't have a problem with it and would rather stay on it then go back to the old hitreg. The only thing I can think of that might be able to make it better is looking for a more updated version of this current hitreg ( if at all possible maybe reach out to other servers that use it and ask abt it) but otherwise I haven't had problems that I wouldn't have already had with leyhitreg