Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hit reg
Neat. So it's just more obvious with the new update?
(08-27-2022, 12:42 AM)euphoria Wrote: PLEASE FIX HITREG CHANGE IT BACK

TAKE SERVER OPINION

I agree euphoria.  Even if the old one had problems I feel like its worse seeing blood splatter on your screen but the new hit reg didn't register it.  Granted ever now and then with the old system I would get this but it would maybe be a weekly thing where it would happen.  Where as this its happening multiple times daily.  I understand that @chibill and the team were trying to do something helpful but alot of people don't like the feel of the new system.  I would rather be killed around a corner occasionally and being like "ah damn corner lag got me" than deal with this new system.  This is a game that's supposed to be fun and I feel like the new changes took the fun out of it to try and "correct" an issue.  Also PLEASE change back the crouch system.  I know that maybe 4 people exploited it but it feels so off.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
As I've said before in my thread about the hitreg system I feel a bit decisive about the hitreg in general but with @chibill explaining everything that goes into the hitreg, it helped me learn more and be more optimistic towards the new hitreg. I can understand as to why people would feel off about it and say "new hitreg makes me want to scoop out my eyeballs instead of pulling my hair out"(from @"Greezy_lettuce")  or "the new hitreg definitely sucks" (from the ever passing moment). Many factors come in such as client hitbox and the prediction of the server supposedly retracting back and trying to guess on where the players last input of movement was before moving and the hitboxes on the player models. With the older hitreg, many shots would be counted as a supposed hit even if some hits missed. With the added blood splatter from the client aide, it can throw players off to being certain that shots were hit if they were close to hitting around the edge of the arms and head, individual fingers, etc. I totally feel that some days my shots feel off and that I am certain I hit the shot but then others time I am just ass and miss shots or the hitreg feels off. Maybe it might give insight to other people and show what gmod does trying to take in lag compensation with the hitboxes. With the duck hopping being nerfed, I feel it might be a improvement but comes with a downside of not being able to properly crouch jump or "duck hop" on certain things or even just trying to start it to be able to bhop around. I am still currently getting used to it and I still despise the nerf to it but I think it helps to avoid unfair advantages for experienced players and helps new or semi-new players who are still trying to learn the game. @chibill can explain it better than I can about all the technical things but that's my opinion on it.
Also to be fair I think we all understand that Gmod has it's inherent jankiness
The hitreg doesn't seem hugely different to me, it still has that gmod tang to it and tends to run better with the less people present on the server. Basically worse when more people are on, which I feel could be very overlooked by any tests made by staff since they wouldn't be running a full test server with it. Whatever I don't think the reg can get better/worse 
https://streamable.com/0vx6el

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

new hit reg is better because no jump spam, cry about it
imho the game should be fun for newer players first and foremost so im not a big fan of nerfing crouch jump to appease whinners, with that said I havent played at all so I have no idea how it actually feels.
(08-27-2022, 02:20 PM)Battons Wrote: imho the game should be fun for newer players first and foremost so im not a big fan of nerfing crouch jump to appease whinners, with that said I havent played at all so I have no idea how it actually feels.
Bad take. Game isn't fun for newer players going against people who jump crouch spam with jumppacks, mow them down with the mp9, etc etc. Don't comment if you haven't played it.
(08-27-2022, 03:02 PM)WINGRIDDENANGEL Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 02:20 PM)Battons Wrote: imho the game should be fun for newer players first and foremost so im not a big fan of nerfing crouch jump to appease whinners, with that said I havent played at all so I have no idea how it actually feels.
Bad take. Game isn't fun for newer players going against people who jump crouch spam with jumppacks, mow them down with the mp9, etc etc. Don't comment if you haven't played it.
This is also true. I don't think the new hitreg is bad honestly. It's just different than what players are used to and naturally new=bad for some people. I'm positive that the client side blood splatter can be resolved in some capacity, and if it can't... oh well.

See, I like to think of shooting in TTT as a supplemental plan to using the traps and equipment and deviousness you have at your disposal as a traitor. I think by redoing the hitreg we've taken away a sort of EZ win. It's a little silly when I'm outnumbered 3to1 that I can win if I have a slightly better connection and the MP9. 

I say we give it like two weeks and revisit the possibility of changing it back or making adjustments.
(08-27-2022, 03:02 PM)racist Wrote: Bad take. Game isn't fun for newer players going against people who jump crouch spam with jumppacks, mow them down with the mp9, etc etc. Don't comment if you haven't played it.
Also a bad take as I quite literally balanced this server with the other admins for over a year... regardless, I disagree with you, my point being that new players want to feel good and a better arguement would be to make jetpacks more accessible or lowering the skill ceiling of using weapons instead of increasing it like we have been doing but this is gmod and it isn't exactly gaining as many new people as it used to.