Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trappycottage should really be removed
This is the most poorly designed map in the rotation, and it mostly falls on the very first room. No one can figure out how to go down the one extremely small ladder one at a time and someone ends up getting trapped every time, which very often ends up with someone getting RDMed! Then people get stuck in the extremely tiny entranceway as well. A jihad (which happens literally every time) practically ends the game for Innocents before it even starts if there are enough players to gum up the entranceway. 

The rest of the map is nothing special. If you want a lot of long hallways with traps and an interesting secondary building goal (the tester), you can just go play Lost Temple. 

* Ladder blockage usually results in someone getting RDMed
* Ladder/door blockage makes it extremely easy for traitors to cut the number of alive players in half 5 seconds into the game
* Annoyingly difficult to find guns.
* Everything interesting that this map does (small entranceway, long corridors, traps, a secondary goal) is done better by another map already in the server's rotation.

Why is it still here? If you're going to max your server out at almost three times the amount of recommended players for TTT, you can't have a map that breaks when there are too many players.
I agree that this map should be removed because of door blocking and also jihading the crowded spawns. Case in point, the events that transpired during the 9 PM hours on May 14th of 2017 could only be described as infuriating.

To clarify, people were Jihad'ing the spawn and killing their Traitor buddies.
[Image: 300px-Heresy_vein-popping.png]
@An Ol' Spicy Keychain should totally fix the spawns <3
Someone was working on a fix version with better spawns.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
maybe a bigger hole
no
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-14-2017, 09:02 PM)Valathreon Wrote: I agree that this map should be removed because of door blocking and also jihading the crowded spawns. Case in point, the events that transpired during the 9 PM hours on May 14th of 2017 could only be described as infuriating.

To clarify, people were Jihad'ing the spawn and killing their Traitor buddies.

This was actually why I made this post. I had had enough after one round.
We should make one big thread of removing maps and adding new and better maps to fill in
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
ill make a version with a bigger hole tomorrow maybe
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
I love trappy cottage. please keep.,
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^