Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School and future
Ok so real talk.
I have Spanish as my foreign language class currently. I really dislike the teacher and the subject, so my friend said that there is still time to quit the class. I took that advise and said I will leave this class. That was before I had Spanish and I was going to the class. But when the class started the teacher explained that, if I finish all my years of Spanish I would get 10 collage credits. Now I don’t really know what collage credits are and how much I need to get into a good collage. I would like to get in a good collage, but I’m not sure if a class I hate and really have trouble is worth it. In the long run I think I should quit the class. Honest just staying in a class that gets harder and harder won’t really be worth it. I’m tempted to quit the class but honestly I really don’t know. What are your thoughts? 

I thought you could give me advice about it since most of you are in or already finished collage.
Most places require a foreign language credit, but don't stipulate which language. Also 10 credits is fucking silly if you're still in high school, most require two years or more. I'd say just change your language to something else. Being in a class you hate won't make you understand the language any better or make you better in the long term.

Fuck that teacher lol
Many colleges require two years of foreign language in high school. If you find a language you like, I would encourage you to take it. Doesn't necessarily have to be Spanish.

I would not do any more than 2 years unless you like it or find it useful to your career. Since I'm an engineer, I haven't touched it foreign language since other than for travel reasons
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Agree on finding another language if you can. Something might stick a little more easily and/or be more enjoyable for you. My high school required two years of a language but recommended three, so take that how you will.

Side note, if you're stuck in Spanish I'd be happy to help out if you need--I speak it :)
[Image: b_560x95.png]
spanish is pretty easy out of the other languages i'd say that most schools tend to offer, it's also helpful in the world today and in america, more than french etc i'd say personally. especially if ur gonna get 10 credits, stick with it even if ur not too excited
You're good to drop it man all they really care about is gpa
If you can get college credit for foreign language in HS I would take advantage of that. Your honors level language classes in HS are equivalent to college intro ones, but getting it out of the way sooner will open up more opportunity for you to actually do shit that you'll wanna do in college.
see if theres any other spanish classes/spanish classes taught by different instructors, otherwise just drop it fuck that shit
Usually highschools only have French and Spanish classes, certain academies might teach Latin instead like my younger brother's. Otherwise if neither of those options are good to you, you could opt to pick chinese or German in college, I hear German might be easier as it has closer English roots compared to the other two.
For my college language classes count as both college level writing and foreign language classes so it hits 2 stones for me.
As people stated, you only need 2 years in HS and you just need to pass with an acceptable grade (My hs only needed a D to pass but gpa is still important) and it does clear up room for other classes you might wanna take in the future.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
I think you’re over thinking it and if you don’t like a class just drop it, stop worrying about University when you still have multiple years before you graduate high school.

You don’t need college credits to get into university, forget that piece of information because it’s not really relevant to your “dilemma”
[Image: xdjlve.png]