Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steam level ban idea
i thought of this idea to stop people getting around the bans 

could the server be made to only allow people with a steam level of say 5 or higher to join that way they cant just make new accounts and come back and keep trolling. it would take them time to up there steam level as i see most of the trollers have a steam level of 1

idk just a thought
gaming is a way of life
(09-21-2022, 12:22 PM)PRESIDENT KARLOS Wrote: i thought of this idea to stop people getting around the bans 

could the server be made to only allow people with a steam level of say 5 or higher to join that way they cant just make new accounts and come back and keep trolling. it would take them time to up there steam level as i see most of the trollers have a steam level of 1

idk just a thought

In short, no. We can't expect people to take the short grind up 5 levels, especially kids. I understand where you're coming from but this isn't practical, let alone possible.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(09-21-2022, 12:26 PM)August Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 12:22 PM)PRESIDENT KARLOS Wrote: i thought of this idea to stop people getting around the bans 

idk just a thought

In short, no. We can't expect people to take the short grind up 5 levels, especially kids. I understand where you're coming from but this isn't practical, let alone possible.
fair, was just a thought. but the way kids act on ph i wont miss them tbh lol and the time you buy 3 or 4 games your at level 5+ it would get rid of dummy accounts that they switch to
gaming is a way of life
Maybe something to block accounts younger than a year, but yeah I'd agree doing a check like that would knock many out
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-21-2022, 12:26 PM)August Wrote: In short, no. We can't expect people to take the short grind up 5 levels, especially kids. I understand where you're coming from but this isn't practical, let alone possible.

The steam API has a method for this so it's totally possible, still definitely shouldnt do it though
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide