Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the Forums: Feedback
Hey all, something I've seen and it's starting to bother me, regarding with the way comments are given on this website. It's probably just the inner teacher in me getting irate, but I want to address this:

Some of us in this community struggle with giving constructive feedback, and rather than treat it as a source of incompetence, I'd rather view it in the light of ignorance.

What am I talking about? Allow me to present to you some examples of what I would consider "unconstructive" feedback on a thread: (this in no means is an exhaustive list). I have intentionally marked names off the posts so it is not immediately obvious who said what, as this is not a post to "call out" individuals or stir the drama pot.

There's plenty of variety to pick from in terms of bad feedback but these selections I made with deliberate intent because they showcase some of the most irritating things I see on this. I can assure you with 95% certainty that if the people who made these comments had similar things said to them, they would freak out and have a huge fit over it. 

It's really a simple fix: give someone else feedback the way you would want them to give you feedback. 

Would you REALLY want to read someone what someone who comes across as egocentric has to say? (You might think I'm egocentric for making this post, I really couldn't care less though).

Conversely, here are some examples of what I would consider to be "good" feedback that has been in recent threads. 

They're honest, give the person a response that is valid and fair, and have a tone that is not condescending, aggressive, or any other negative term. If you really want this place to be better and not be a cesspool, I suggest you try approaching giving others' (EVEN the people you don't like) this style of feedback in the future.

Thanks for your time.

Salty
why salty so awesome?
[Image: image.png]
:yawn: no
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
This was an easy read thank you for not making a MLA essay and I agree +1
Addressing Addressing the Forums: Feedback

[Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png][Image: yd64WzE.png]
hi
(10-12-2022, 08:15 PM)dong Wrote: This was an easy read thank you for not making a MLA essay and I agree +1

Actually, I write in Chicago Humanities or APA Format.
bump
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd like to see a longer list of good examples, please. Make it at least as long as the list of 'bad' ones.
(10-12-2022, 08:24 PM)Kaiwan Wrote: I'd like to see a longer list of good examples, please. Make it at least as long as the list of 'bad' ones.

The wise mystical tree says... be the change you want to see in the world.

[Image: yd64WzE.png]