Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Definitive stance on voice changers
What's the stance on voice changers? There's a guy who's been on the server who makes his voice extremely low and is very unintrusive with it. He doesn't micspam and even will say things at people's request but some of the staff are being hardasses about it. I've heard some say it's okay, some say that it's micspam, and some say Dink himself is okay with voice changers.

Why are the staff seemingly so unprepared to deal with voice changers?
It's one of those grey areas in the server which is basically left up to staff's discretion. You can't have an exact measurement of which one person is being obnoxious with the voice changer. If it is not loud or annoying in anyway, then it is allowed. But it all depends on the staff who is on which is kind of where the grey area comes in. It is dependent on tolerance and overall patience when dealing with voice changers.
(05-17-2017, 08:29 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote: What's the stance on voice changers? There's a guy who's been on the server who makes his voice extremely low and is very unintrusive with it. He doesn't micspam and even will say things at people's request but some of the staff are being hardasses about it. I've heard some say it's okay, some say that it's micspam, and some say Dink himself is okay with voice changers.

How is it any different from handling someone who is talking with their normal voice? There is no explicit rule about voicechangers disallowing them, ergo they should be fine as long as they aren't abused, and follow the same rules as normal voices.

The same rules should apply as normal voices; if they talk too much (micspam) then gag, etc. Other than that, who cares?

EDIT: How can someone be "unprepared" to handle a voice changer? lol.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

As long as they're "Clear" / wouldn't be considered "Obnoxious" or "Annoying", they're considered fine.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Unless it is a complete garbage voice changer, it is okay.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(05-17-2017, 10:00 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 08:29 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote: What's the stance on voice changers? There's a guy who's been on the server who makes his voice extremely low and is very unintrusive with it. He doesn't micspam and even will say things at people's request but some of the staff are being hardasses about it. I've heard some say it's okay, some say that it's micspam, and some say Dink himself is okay with voice changers.

How is it any different from handling someone who is talking with their normal voice? There is no explicit rule about voicechangers disallowing them, ergo they should be fine as long as they aren't abused, and follow the same rules as normal voices.

The same rules should apply as normal voices; if they talk too much (micspam) then gag, etc. Other than that, who cares?

EDIT: How can someone be "unprepared" to handle a voice changer? lol.

I say "unprepared" because there's no definitive rule even though it's something people are being kicked and banned over.
(05-17-2017, 10:44 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote: I say "unprepared" because there's no definitive rule even though it's something people are being kicked and banned over.

It falls under Mic-Spamming.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Historically,... not allowed.
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]