Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 to owner
Ingame Name: tiefling lesbian

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:101366371
Discord Tag: Ginger#6990

Time Played: like 101 hours

When First Joined: Sep 07, 2022 4:25 PM

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): afternoon to late evening EST, i usually stay on after the server starts dying down when there's often 6-12+ players and few or no staff on

Rank Desired: trusted

Current Rank: regular/donor

What can you do to help the community: handle reports in a timely manner, prevent pranksters and hooligans from causing problems, and make sure everyone on the server has the chance to have a fun ttt experience

Why you want to help the community: the server sometimes devolves into the bad kind of chaos that makes it an unfun environment and i want it to be a fun environment instead, and as i mentioned above there seems to sometimes be a lack of staff during a time period when i'm often on

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): no

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): no

How did you find us?: it was the first server i joined that was active and didn't break my game

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): erm yes

Other: i've staffed on a couple servers in the past (one ttt and one minecwaft) and know how the logs and report menu stuff works already, also when do we discuss starting pay and health benefits?
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
No. You are one of the biggest instigators in this community and I don't trust you to not turn an "unfun" environment into something even worse. -1
(10-17-2022, 05:28 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: No. You are one of the biggest instigators in this community and I don't trust you to not turn an "unfun" environment into something even worse. -1
outside of one incident on discord, can you name one instance of actual "instigating" that isn't just the exact same banter everyone else on the server, including staff, do on a regular basis? I'm asking genuinely
I think your current reputation on the server will get you denied. You make (admittedly funny) but out of pocket comments whenever you're on and troll everyone from guests to staff. This is adequate behavior from say a regular/donor, but I don't think the staff team would appreciate this kind of behavior from someone in their ranks. Also you do kind of egg on people you know you'll get a reaction from. Our shitposty/trolly shit between us is funny and fine but when you egg on someone like Kaiwan or someone you know will give a negative reaction is a little concerning since your job as staff is to deescalate situations like that. A good example of someone changing their behavior on the server was Kizzy, a guy who went from something like 11 slur warnings to mod. Are you as bad as he was? Not at all. Can you grow as a person and learn from your mistakes like him? I'm sure you can.

I'm at a -1 at the moment, but good luck on your app! If this one gets denied, I'd love to see you apply again in the future!

grow up
I’m gonna go +0 on this. Haven’t had any personal issues and does tend to be helpful with ban rqs as a witness.

However, I can see how general hotheadedness could be a detrimental factor here too.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
-1 due to the Discord instigation issue. It may be just one time so far, but when that one time was 7 days ago, that doesn't bode well for a staff application.

The willingness to help is appreciated though. Even if the staff application is denied, you can still help us by filing ban requests here on the forums as needed, when the server does devolve into chaos.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-17-2022, 06:14 AM)Damien Wrote: I think your current reputation on the server will get you denied. You make (admittedly funny) but out of pocket comments whenever you're on and troll everyone from guests to staff. This is adequate behavior from say a regular/donor, but I don't think the staff team would appreciate this kind of behavior from someone in their ranks. Also you do kind of egg on people you know you'll get a reaction from. Our shitposty/trolly shit between us is funny and fine but when you egg on someone like Kaiwan or someone you know will give a negative reaction is a little concerning since your job as staff is to deescalate situations like that. A good example of someone changing their behavior on the server was Kizzy, a guy who went from something like 11 slur warnings to mod. Are you as bad as he was? Not at all. Can you grow as a person and learn from your mistakes like him? I'm sure you can.

I'm at a -1 at the moment, but good luck on your app! If this one gets denied, I'd love to see you apply again in the future!

grow up
I'm not intending to be combative or fight every -1, and I don't deny doing a bit of trolling, but to build off of your constructive energy I just want to reiterate again: banter is common for both regulars and staff on this server, and I typically only try to match the energy of the people I'm interacting with, so I'm just confused at where the line is being drawn on this point. One of my first interactions with staff on this server was a mod saying "fuck lesbians" after I killed them back when I was a guest, I've been called "femoid" among other gender based insults by another mod, multiple staff have made "I hate gay people" jokes and made belittling and insulting comments about my sexuality, there are staff who slur bait and make offensive jokes and talk shit. This isn't a callout post for those staff members, and I'm not trying to deflect these concerns onto them, but just to put my behavior in this regard into the context of theirs. These things are fairly common and are the example that's been given to me, and my jokes are generally far tamer than that, so I'm just struggling to see the difference or why it would be a cause for concern other than which side of the banter I'm on.

As for everything with Kaiwan, I admit that things went further than they should have, but it's far from a regular occurrence, and I've moved on from it. And I admit that it's still recent, but there are plenty of other examples of other staff with far more controversial histories such as the one you mentioned. Regardless, this is all feedback I will keep in mind.

keep crying

(10-17-2022, 06:41 AM)Jammin Wrote: -1 due to the Discord instigation issue. It may be just one time so far, but when that one time was 7 days ago, that doesn't bode well for a staff application.

The willingness to help is appreciated though. Even if the staff application is denied, you can still help us by filing ban requests here on the forums as needed, when the server does devolve into chaos.

I disagree that I was the one who instigated it, but as above I admit that I continued it more than I should have, and it being recent is a fair point of concern. I intend for it to remain a singular incident and hope to prove as much moving forward.
Deleted my first post so I can give a more constructive answer on my computer rather than my phone.

First of all, I am happy you applied and are showing interest in TTT staff. I don't think that there are any issues with you having banter or saying out of pocket statements. You've made some solid points on the forums from what I've seen, and I do believe that you have potential to be a part of the team.

My only issue is not that you started something with Kaiwan, but more that you continued it. To me, that is a little bit of a red flag because it would make me afraid that you wouldn't drop an argument if something happens on the server. Like Jammin said, that happened 7 days ago so it was fairly recent. You had said that it was a singularity issue, so I hope that is the case and I can see you have a more successful app if hypothetically this one is denied!

I think the best thing that you can do is just let more time pass, make some ban requests, help out with people, and continue doing the right things.

I think that if you were to reapply after this one is denied, I'd give you a +1 rather easily. For now, it is a -1 from me.

Best of luck to you on your application!
you're generally fine on the server, haven't seen you say or do anything against the rules. activity is pretty good, gameplay wise you don't cause any problems (from what I've seen when we're both on).

with that said, you probably don't have the right temperament to be a staff. part of being the (idealized) staff candidate is that you also have to babysit. I don't think the discord arguments etc disqualify you from being a member of the community, but they probably do for being staff, since you need to be able to not get involved in drama, but even more than that be able to defuse situations when they occur on the server. Not entirely sure that you're able to do that, given that you are somewhat of an instigator. Nothing wrong with that since I also am one, but that's why I don't wanna staff.

(10-17-2022, 07:33 AM)Salty Wrote: Deleted my first post so I can give a more constructive answer on my computer rather than my phone.

First of all, I am happy you applied and are showing interest in TTT staff. I don't think that there are any issues with you having banter or saying out of pocket statements. You've made some solid points on the forums from what I've seen, and I do believe that you have potential to be a part of the team.

My only issue is not that you started something with Kaiwan, but more that you continued it. To me, that is a little bit of a red flag because it would make me afraid that you wouldn't drop an argument if something happens on the server. Like Jammin said, that happened 7 days ago so it was fairly recent. You had said that it was a singularity issue, so I hope that is the case and I can see you have a more successful app if hypothetically this one is denied, and you were to reapply!

I think the best thing that you can do is just let more time pass, make some ban requests, help out with people, and continue doing the right things.

I think that if you were to reapply after this one is denied, I'd give you a +1 rather easily. For now, it is a -1 from me.

Best of luck to you on your application!
what happened with Kaiwan escalated because of a particular point of personal frustration that I won't get into here (and this will hopefully be the last I speak on the whole matter), which I know isn't an excuse, but I'll just say that there have been plenty of other times where I could have easily escalated a situation and chose not to, which admittedly isn't a lot to go off but is still something that can be seen
anyways, thank you for the words of encouragement and advice, I'll certainly keep trying down the road if it doesn't work out this time