Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 to owner
i can get why they would want to be staff and but uh... idk staff arent on all the time or something
+0
https://youtu.be/ZFR1jLo14Bg
I find this insane to say but I 100% agree with Jax.
I think your a bit brash but otherwise if your able to be more conscious of how you phrase things you would do a good job. Plus you’ve made me laugh a couple of times on the forums so that’s a +1 from me.
my opinion on most of these posts-
ph players who have not interacted with tiefling should not post their useless takes here
+0 is almost always useless and comes with no constructive criticism most of the time (example of helpful +0, Jax)
this "not in community long enough" take is garbage. staff apps don't require x amount of presence besides one month of activity, so dumb
players who have not been active and have "heard" of your behavior or not witnessed it provide nothing to the conversation, they're just echoing the person next to them in the circlejerk

to focus on ur staff app- I do think you have the potential to be staff for sure, maybe not with this application but the next one. To be more constructive than my last post, I think you could focus on maybe being a bit more obvious when you're trolling or being serious in the server etc, I think a majority of the community struggles with knowing when you're trolling or serious, but of course text can be read many different ways. One of my favorite things is that you do the right thing with calling out certain staff on their styles or on their activity at all, even if said inactive mods are in this forum trying to give you a -1 just echoing one warn they saw in their staff chat.

I think given the context of her warn etc, it's seriously not as deep as people might make the warn seem. She didn't say anything to a child or anything baity, definitely just a stupid placed comment that was context dependent as well. Everyone is holding one warn so hard over your head, whereas there's people with slur warns within the last month of their application getting staff as well (not with 4 warns tho).
(10-17-2022, 02:40 PM)Reina Wrote: Just gonna throw in my 2 cents. I think you'll make a good staff member in the future, once you've chilled out a bit. I don't know much about your behavior in-game, but in the discord server I've seen you point out legitimate issues that are either being caused or ignored by existing TTT staff. Based on the interactions I've watched and personally had with you, you seem like someone who may overreach or unconsciously enforce your own version of the rules if you don't keep yourself in check. However, I believe that with a little trial and error, you'll wind up being an asset to the staff team. I especially think it's useful to have women on the staff team who won't be afraid to voice a different opinion in a constructive way when they're witnessing a circle jerk, and you have a very strong personality that leads me to believe that's something you're more than capable of doing. I hope you won't be discouraged if this application is denied, and would love to see you join the team.

On overreaching, I think that's definitely a valid concern, and I know I'm typically pretty goofy and wacky on the server, but this is something that I do take seriously and it's something I am consciously aware of to prevent from happening.

Some of what you said is part of the reason I've wanted to apply; a lot of the staff currently fit into a certain demographic and mindset, and I think having someone who falls outside of that on the team would lead to a healthier balance even if that person isn't necessarily me (though I think I would be good at it).

Most of the posts so far have been constructive and encouraging, so even if I don't make it this time around I'll be better prepared for the next one.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(10-17-2022, 05:08 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 02:40 PM)Reina Wrote: Snip

--snip--
Some of what you said is part of the reason I've wanted to apply; a lot of the staff currently fit into a certain demographic and mindset, and I think having someone who falls outside of that on the team would lead to a healthier balance even if that person isn't necessarily me (though I think I would be good at it).
--snip--
Sort of curious what what "demographic and mindset" do you think a lot of staff fit?
-1 for now due to what my fellow staff members have said. I feel the same as them.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
Okay guys PLEASE keep comments on topic. This is not the place to be shit posting. Grow Up.
(10-17-2022, 06:29 PM)caribou Wrote: +1 for reduction -1 for unban. shown great improvement since last appeal. reduce ban to week.
quit copying my meme charibou.

-1 hasnt been here long enough!
I'm gonna be really honest, I was surprised to see so many -1s in these replies.
I think Tiefling is very close to having what it takes to be staff. I outright disagree with anyone who says that she 'hasn't been here long enough.' Tiefling has put in the required hours, and it's evident from the activity on this post she has made enough of a name for herself in that time. I definitely think she has played for long enough to understand the server and know the rules.
I do agree with some other points, though. She seems to be adept at upsetting people, whether intentionally or not. When it comes to temperament it's not just about how you react to others, it's also about how others react to you. If you're constantly saying things that get under people's skins, it's not really a matter of if you wanted to do that, it's a matter of improving and trying not to in the future. Maybe you're a troll, maybe not. If people SEE you as a troll, then you're probably doing something that needs to change. If you don't wanna change that's fine, you don't have to. If you want to be staff, though, you'll need to improve on that aspect.
-1 because of that, for now.
not too sure about this one, i really haven't seen much good from to tiefling. i feel you need to wait for a better time