Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 to owner
I honestly think that you are at a bit of a disadvantage for the type of banter you are doing because you have no mic. voidzz brought up a good point about the tone challenges in knowing when you are being serious and when you're being silly/trolling or whatever word you want to use. Because of this problem, I think that is where the staff that you refer to tend to get away with that kind of behavior but seem to have an issue with you doing the same (seeing as I dont think I have seen staff typing those kinds of things, but saying them in vc). I'm not saying you need a mic, but i think you either need to work on choosing when to engage in that banter more carefully or make it more obvious that you're joking for the community to feel more comfortable with you being staff. Overall though, I haven't seen many issues with you in game that don't relate to that main point that should keep you from getting staff if you were to reapply if you start making some of the changes that have been brought up by everyone. 

+0 from me, most likely +1 from me should you reapply
(10-17-2022, 09:35 PM)3mb3ry Wrote: I honestly think that you are at a bit of a disadvantage for the type of banter you are doing because you have no mic. voidzz brought up a good point about the tone challenges in knowing when you are being serious and when you're being silly/trolling or whatever word you want to use. Because of this problem, I think that is where the staff that you refer to tend to get away with that kind of behavior but seem to have an issue with you doing the same (seeing as I dont think I have seen staff typing those kinds of things, but saying them in vc). I'm not saying you need a mic, but i think you either need to work on choosing when to engage in that banter more carefully or make it more obvious that you're joking for the community to feel more comfortable with you being staff. Overall though, I haven't seen many issues with you in game that don't relate to that main point that should keep you from getting staff if you were to reapply if you start making some of the changes that have been brought up by everyone. 

+0 from me, most likely +1 from me should you reapply
Most of the examples I mentioned at the start of the thread happened through text, but I do see what you mean
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
bump
+1

I like her
discord name is ginger, -1 (real ones will remember)

i can tell you don't have the right stuff to be staff on server
we've had several staff members who made issues worse on server who are similar to you, instead of de-escalating things
much like a cop, you will likely make any situation worse unless it needs a gun to be fixed, almost considering +1ing so you can get your one on-server yelling match type breakdown out of the way so you can resign and reapply a few months later and see where you're at but nolol

wait no -2 birddog likes her
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(10-19-2022, 10:10 PM)bunniey Wrote: discord name is ginger, -1 (real ones will remember)

we've had several staff members who made issues worse on server who are similar to you, instead of de-escalating things
much like a cop, you will likely make any situation worse unless it needs a gun to be fixed, almost considering +1ing so you can get your one on-server yelling match type breakdown out of the way so you can resign and reapply a few months later and see where you're at but nolol

gametracker says you haven't even been on the server since before i joined so i'm not sure what information you're basing this assumption on so confidently
(10-19-2022, 10:10 PM)bunniey Wrote: discord name is ginger, -1 (real ones will remember)

I cannot fucking believe I am agreeing with you on the forums but...

this. exactly this. (the bolded section). this sums up my "you dont have the mettle to be staff right now" statement.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(10-20-2022, 02:19 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote:

this. exactly this. (the bolded section). this sums up my "you dont have the mettle to be staff right now" statement.
you have a total of 26 minutes on the server so i'm again just wondering what you're basing these accusations on so emphatically
(10-20-2022, 02:53 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:

you have a total of 26 minutes on the server so i'm again just wondering what you're basing these accusations on so emphatically
literally played with you last time i was on the other day. I am also a regular. So no. I have greater than 26 minutes of playtime in TTT.

[Image: unknown.png]
I base my previous statements not only on what a bunch of people have said about you, I based it off of watching you while you were in lobby with me the other day.
I think my point is valid. I see this as a potential issue, therefore I raise a potential problem to be adressed.

The fact that you dig in and start entrenching your position instead of asking about this sums up my point. You have some of the things you need to be a great staff member. I think so. However, actions such as 
  • trenching into a position in any given arguement no matter the validity of your side.
  •  -------> lack of examination and re-evaluation of self's position.
  • ad hominem and attack of character to discredit.
are not really staff-ly things to do in my opinion. Staff are supposed to be role models that work with the other staff and players.

again, in my opinion, these are things that can change. But right now as it stands, I will stay to my -1 based on everything I have said.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(10-20-2022, 03:27 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 02:53 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:

literally played with you last time i was on the other day. I am also a regular. So no. I have greater than 26 minutes of playtime in TTT.

[Image: unknown.png]

I think my point is valid. I see this as a potential issue, therefore I raise a potential problem to be adressed.

The fact that you dig in and start entrenching your position instead of asking about this sums up my point. You have some of the things you need to be a great staff member. I think so. However, actions such as 
  • trenching into a position in any given arguement no matter the validity of your side.
  •  -------> lack of examination and re-evaluation of self's position.
  • ad hominem and attack of character to discredit.
are not really staff-ly things to do in my opinion. Staff are supposed to be role models that work with the other staff and players.

again, in my opinion, these are things that can change. But right now as it stands, I will stay to my -1 based on everything I have said.
I literally am asking about it though? It's not ad hominem  or attack of character to ask what experiences someone is using to base their assumptions off of if they haven't played on the server (which the guy you quoted hasn't since I joined the server, and is just what gametracker says for the account linked to your forum account, and I can only personally recall seeing you on at the same time as me a handful of times). You're just making vague accusations of what you think might happen without describing any actual experiences or context to back it up. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to examine or re-evaluate based on that?