• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-29-2022
Discord Name: Salty

Discord ID: saltychapdaddy#0417

When First Joined(Estimate): May 2020

What is your age: 22
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper

What can you do to help the Discord community: 
I can help contribute to providing a fun yet safe environment for the entirety of the community that uses the Discord. I am someone who knows how to separate personal feelings when it is appropriate to not show bias. For example, I may not like everyone in the community, but I can assure you that I will fairly assess everyone in situations, whether it would be an unban appeal or in the context of whether or not someone should be given a verbal warning/strike. As someone who is currently working on getting my teaching licensure, being unbiased is something I am always trying to achieve. I will not say that it is perfect, but I have always tried to not express bias in situations. Just because I don't like someone doesn't mean I would allow them to be subjected to harassment. At the same time however, I won't immediately jump the gun on issuing a verbal warning or strike just because someone is targeting someone I do like.

Why you want to help the Discord community: 

I enjoy helping the Dink's community out, and I feel that where I enjoy helping out the most is in the Discord. I like being able to assist people in situations such as where to go for ban requests, staff apps, donor/staff abuse threads, etc. or to help dissolve arguments. I have attempted to try helping out as much as I can when sometimes discussions turn into arguments and try to help them either take a step away or just to shift topics. I might not play server as much, but I still do enjoy interacting with many of the people in this community.

Other:

I will address a couple of "elephants" in the room that may or may not be brought up as critiques for why I shouldn't get accepted. If you have any others, I strongly encourage you to make those concerns known to me either via DM or posted publicly here. I have no way to improve myself as a candidate if you do not express them.

"You resigned recently; why are you reapplying after saying you were going to leave the community?" 

This is a valid concern to have. I did say that on July 26th, 2022, that I was done with Dink's and then came back not even two weeks later to comment on a staff app on August 8th, 2022. A huge weakness of mine as a person is I will overcommit to something and cause myself intense burnout and instead of thinking rationally, I will just quit. That was something I was dealing with this summer and I overbooked myself by doing both Discord and TTT staff. I feel that if I were to only focus on one aspect of the community (Discord), my burnout would be substantially less and I can handle it. I also (FINALLY) have developed an ability to take a step away from things and come back later. This was something I was struggling with both in game and in my personal life but I have finally figured out how to do it.

I have thought about doing this application for over a month now; I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an impulsive decision so I gave myself time to think about it.

"You make it extremely obvious when you don't like someone"

My only response to this would be this: As staff, we aren't required to like everyone we interact with. What we ARE required to do is try our best to not let our personal opinions of individuals get in the way when the situation calls for it. As I stated above, I try my best to not let my personal opinions of individuals in the community blind my judgement of what their situation is (unban, asking for someone to get punished, etc.). 

I cannot think of any others at this point in time, but as I stated before, if you have a concern I would love to hear it. Ultimately, this is up to the Discord team whether they can trust me to be a good staff member or not. I will respect any and all feedback. Please do not be afraid to give feedback if you have something you would like to ask or have to address. 

Thank you for your time!

~Salty
SALTY U JUST LEFT OUR DISCORD CALL THIS IS WHAT U HAVE BEEN TYPING!?!?!?!?!?

Salty is a genuine person that is nice to everyone and gives equal respect to us all. 

I don't have a lot of words but anyone that knows salty can vouch that he is professional in everything he does and takes matters very serious when needed. 

Salty is well known and has been in the community for a while and has more then enough knowledge of the rules of our community. 

+1
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
Well if you say that you already took some time to actually think about comming back to staffing then I believe you can have another chance at it.
[Image: unknown.png]
+1 salty does a really good job at being staff whether that be TTT staff or discord. I think salty will do a good job for discord again and will be fair and will give the discord staff team a bit more help. Good luck salty
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
uhhh yeah Salty is super nice and professional also shut up salty

+1
[Image: image.png]
+1 from me. From what I've seen, Salty is all around friendly, level-headed, and overall pleasant to interact with. He's a long-standing member in the community, and is active daily on the Discord. All that plus prior staff experience I think makes him a shoe-in.

Funnily, your bringing up the last point to get ahead of the criticism is all that concerns me. I haven't seen you make it blatantly obvious when you dislike someone, but while you're obviously not obligated to like everyone, I do think it's important as a staff member to be tactful about it. I trust from what you've said and from my interactions with you that it won't be an issue though :)

Good luck friend
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Salty Wrote: "You make it extremely obvious when you don't like someone"

My only response to this would be this: As staff, we aren't required to like everyone we interact with. What we ARE required to do is try our best to not let our personal opinions of individuals get in the way when the situation calls for it. As I stated above, I try my best to not let my personal opinions of individuals in the community blind my judgement of what their situation is (unban, asking for someone to get punished, etc.). 

Look, idrc if this gets accepted or not, and I told myself I wouldn't get seriously involved with this place anymore, but... I think your problem is that you do let your personal opinion of someone you DO like get in the way. As I don't really care what anyone has to say about the situation or me, I'll give the following example.

When shaye was banned (one of the many times), around the time you were discord helper (and if I remember correctly, applying for either discord mod or ttt t-mod, can't really remember and won't be bothered to look into it) the discords vc was relatively active. I remember one of the times in which shaye joined on an alt, and she had her camera on so we all knew it was her, and you didn't do anything about it, or if you did, you chose when to (not the moment you figured it out). 

Another situation, in which you once again were "biased" in a way, was when we were in lounges which not everyone could join to, and you, with some others (including me, I won't say I wasn't involved) decided who got to join and who didn't (though I like to think that being uncomfortable with a creep joining is a valid reason to ask for them not to be dragged in). You or someone else would point out that certain individual wanted to join and the people already in vc would say if they liked them/wanted them to join. Which is totally fine on a personal discord, but I reckon that even if I did contribute, you shouldn't have allowed it. 
It bothered me but maybe that's "allowed" ? I dunno

Again, I took the time to write this but overall, I really don't care much about what happens because I am not even on the discord server so... 

Have a good one! And I hope this is really what's best for you.
(10-29-2022, 02:50 PM)LemonTiara Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 02:01 PM)Salty Wrote: "You make it extremely obvious when you don't like someone"

Look, idrc if this gets accepted or not, and I told myself I wouldn't get seriously involved with this place anymore, but... I think your problem is that you do let your personal opinion of someone you DO like get in the way. As I don't really care what anyone has to say about the situation or me, I'll give the following example.

When shaye was banned (one of the many times), around the time you were discord helper (and if I remember correctly, applying for either discord mod or ttt t-mod, can't really remember and won't be bothered to look into it) the discords vc was relatively active. I remember one of the times in which shaye joined on an alt, and she had her camera on so we all knew it was her, and you didn't do anything about it, or if you did, you chose when to (not the moment you figured it out). 

Another situation, in which you once again were "biased" in a way, was when we were in lounges which not everyone could join to, and you, with some others (including me, I won't say I wasn't involved) decided who got to join and who didn't (though I like to think that being uncomfortable with a creep joining is a valid reason to ask for them not to be dragged in). You or someone else would point out that certain individual wanted to join and the people already in vc would say if they liked them/wanted them to join. Which is totally fine on a personal discord, but I reckon that even if I did contribute, you shouldn't have allowed it. 
It bothered me but maybe that's "allowed" ? I dunno

Again, I took the time to write this but overall, I really don't care much about what happens because I am not even on the discord server so... 

Have a good one! And I hope this is really what's best for you.

I actually completely forgot that even happened, thanks for reminding me of that. 

i had handled it by messaging a discord mod (Titan) and telling him that when we were finished (we had agreed that after a set time, she would get banned) with that call to ban the account. I had informed the staff team of it and they handled it right after. In fact, because I was tired of her joining on alts and causing us headaches, I made a personal discord. I only allowed that to happen for the one alt account. When she tried to join on a second one, I immediately told the rest of the team and it was handled (iirc). 

With the dragging in and out of the VCs, staff members were doing this pretty regularly at that point in time, but recently I’ve seen it not happen. If I were accepted I wouldn’t do any of this again. I understand that you are bringing it up as a concern, but it was not a scenario that I was the only one who did that at that point in time. 

sorry if the formatting sucks, I typed this on my phone. Thank you for your honesty!
Last time you resigned, I’m pretty sure you said, “I don’t want to deal with morons anymore” what makes it different this time ? I’ll vote based on the response.

I trust him +1
(10-29-2022, 03:11 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: Last time you resigned, I’m pretty sure you said, “I don’t want to deal with morons anymore” what makes it different this time ? I’ll vote based on the response.

The comment you’re referring to was referring to TTT. Out of the two, I felt like dealing with people on TTT as staff was more exhausting to me than being discord staff. It definitely shouldn’t have been said, but it came from a place of frustration that I do not believe I will reach again.