Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Request for Paint
Offender's Name: paint #TeamAlicent

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:527390576

Potential Witnesses: @chibill

Reason to Ban: Consistent harassment against me and constantly changing name to match mine as well. Also, targeted me and rdmed me.

Proof: 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/...Y3MTYwMTMs (RDM)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheDemonSk...reenshots/ Only The First 25 Screenshots (Screenshots of the harassment, RDM logs, & name changing)
While I wasnt on when it was occuring. I did check the staff discord just when Skullfire was asking if they could karma ban for exceding the point threshold,, so i hooped on and handled the ban for exceeding the point thresshold.

After looking at all the screen shots all I have to say is this is the second time Paint has hasassed someone like this. And I wish I had not logged out when I did.

See his last ban from around August for last time he harassed someone.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
This is probably gonna be paint's second ban for harassment at the very least, so the punishment should probably upped considering this.

+1 on a ban, it's pretty obvious that he's harassing (DEMON)Skullfire here.
I think it's pretty disingenuous that you cite chibill, who wasn't even on at the time of the events in question, instead of anyone who was on, like myself. You also kicked him for having a name 'too similar to yours,' while he was on with that name before you were (as far as I know, you're supposed to change your name). As I said at the time, unless 'Mexican' is a slur I think you were overreacting to his initial flame and from there it spiraled and you went off of your gut instead of consulting with other staff. Rather than defending your actions you said paint could make a staff complaint, knowing full well paint would never deign to use the forums. Pretty bad behavior, and neglecting to mention witnesses makes it even worse. Also, paint's last ban was in May, not August.
(10-31-2022, 02:31 AM)Kessler Wrote: You also kicked him for having a name 'too similar to yours,' while he was on with that name before you were (as far as I know, you're supposed to change your name).
Generally if someone has a longstanding nickname and someone else uses said nickname for the first time, I feel the person who has the long-standing nickname should have priority.

E.g. if I joined with the name "BrianBored" after using the name "jammin" for their entire time, while BryanBrr is on, I should have to concede the name change.
There is a difference between this situation, and the general rule of "first come first serve" for more common nicknames (e.g. Chad). This appears to be pretty intentional impersonation of a staff member.

All of that being said, since staffing guidelines were updated, there isn't any guidance for harassment bans other than points-based anymore. Therefore I believe proper action has been taken with Chibill's ban.

I'll let another moderator close this out in case I'm mistaken but that's my opinion at this point.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-31-2022, 02:31 AM)Kessler Wrote: I think it's pretty disingenuous that you cite chibill, who wasn't even on at the time of the events in question, instead of anyone who was on, like myself. You also kicked him for having a name 'too similar to yours,' while he was on with that name before you were (as far as I know, you're supposed to change your name). As I said at the time, unless 'Mexican' is a slur I think you were overreacting to his initial flame and from there it spiraled and you went off of your gut instead of consulting with other staff. Rather than defending your actions you said paint could make a staff complaint, knowing full well paint would never deign to use the forums. Pretty bad behavior, and neglecting to mention witnesses makes it even worse. Also, paint's last ban was in May, not August.

I believe they cited me since I was one of the staff that responded in the staff discord and said I could hoop on since I hadn't actually fallen asleep yet. As for me reading the ban month wrong, it was almost 2 am, mixed up the months. 

As for you thinking they thought Mexican was a slur. Pretty sure he was more warned for just generic racism then slurs.  Although that is just based off the screen shots.

Also as for my opinion on the name thing, Paint had his normal name then changed his name to match Skullfire's.

I would also like to point out that after being warned for harassment, paint continued to harass Skullfire as seen in the screen shots.
(10-31-2022, 01:50 AM)Damien Wrote: This is probably gonna be paint's second ban for harassment at the very least, so the punishment should probably upped considering this.
dates are relevant, Bryan said new warn system is a clean slate for everyone so the 5/12 ban shouldn't be considered for resulting in a higher punishment. just my 2 cents
If it's a clean slate then I demand to have all of milks warns wiped
[Image: its-vodka-vodka.gif]
I think given that a ban was already issued by Chibill for a threshold violation, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to take any further action. If Chibill wants to upgrade the ban with the knowledge of a prior harassment ban, he can choose to do so. Otherwise, the punishment as of now is already issued for this offense. Continued harassment by paint will result in further bans of more severe length as per our point system or otherwise moderator discretion as allowed by guidelines.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks