Goose was banned?????
good job retard!!! so proud of you. 

-1; you goofed big time
+1, 8 points is a bit heavy for a misplaced joke.

I understand the need for consistency among moderators, but this system still needs a bit of tuning.
Here the intent to make a pedo joke was not here, just a stupid joke said without thinking and only realizing directly after how stupid it was.

There should be more room for discretion in application of warning points tbh(4 points if the intent wasn't there for a pedo joke for example?), As it currently is someone spending effort and time to harass someone gets less of a punishment than someone accidentally posting a joke without using brain by accident
(10-31-2022, 09:25 PM)Vrilly, ze floofy derg uwu Wrote: +1, 8 points is a bit heavy for a misplaced joke.

I understand the need for consistency among moderators, but this system still needs a bit of tuning.
Here the intent to make a pedo joke was not here, just a stupid joke said without thinking and only realizing directly after how stupid it was.

There should be more room for discretion in application of warning points tbh(4 points if the intent wasn't there for a pedo joke for example?), As it currently is someone spending effort and time to harass someone gets less of a punishment than someone accidentally posting aniome without using brain by accident
If you don't think before you decide to say something, fully knowing it's against the rules, that's your fault. It's not the rules' fault nor is it the fault of the people who wrote them. A decision was made to make this joke and he was punished as a result. It'd be the same as if anyone else did it.

Don't know what you're getting at with the part about harassment being treated lighter than "aniome" but uh

Harassment is at the very least an 8 point warn. Also a reminder that warn thresholds do not mean you can't be banned for longer than whatever the threshold says.

edit: Saw the edited comment. Harassment is again, at least, an 8 point warn, the same as this one. Sexual harassment is 10 points, 2 more than this one.
(10-31-2022, 09:25 PM)Vrilly, ze floofy derg uwu Wrote: +1, 8 points is a bit heavy for a misplaced joke.

There should be more room for discretion in application of warning points tbh(4 points if the intent wasn't there for a pedo joke for example?), As it currently is someone spending effort and time to harass someone gets less of a punishment than someone accidentally posting a joke without using brain by accident
Its 8 points so that is sort of falls in line with the old guidelines, which said that first offense was a round gag and second was a week ban.

So 8 points does not mean a ban unless you have other warnings, and doing it twice would equal 16 points meeting the week ban.

At least that my take on why its 8 points.
(10-31-2022, 07:22 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 07:10 PM)Battons Wrote: Gonna be real when I wrote that rule into the MOTD I never intended it to censor dark humor I just wanted to stop all the prop hunt jokes that were floating around at the time I made it. +1 for warn removal.
You didn't intend to censor (in this case) humor that includes pedophilia references, just pedophilic references to the PH server???

Yes, I will elaborate. Catholic priest and altar boy jokes have been a comedians staple joke since the early 2000's and probably even before. Its having a laugh at a dark situation from long ago and to poke fun at it. He isn't telling you to go find kids.
P*** Hunt implies that PH staff are either themselves P***s or are constantly fighting them which is currently and modernly a problem plaguing them.
Learn to take a joke lol.
(10-31-2022, 09:49 PM)Battons Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 07:22 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 07:10 PM)Battons Wrote: Gonna be real when I wrote that rule into the MOTD I never intended it to censor dark humor I just wanted to stop all the prop hunt jokes that were floating around at the time I made it. +1 for warn removal.
You didn't intend to censor (in this case) humor that includes pedophilia references, just pedophilic references to the PH server???

Yes, I will. Catholic priest and altar boy jokes have been a comedians staple joke since the early 2000's and probably even before. Its having a laugh at a dark situation from long ago and to poke fun at it. He isn't telling you to go find kids.
P*** Hunt implies that PH staff are either themselves P***s or are constantly fighting them which is currently and modernly a problem plaguing them.
Learn to take a joke lol.
Since when have comedians set the standard for what we do and don't allow on our servers? You're completely setting aside the context that most, if not all, of the settings that these jokes are told in are for adults only. We don't, haven't, and probably won't ever allow jokes to be made about previous community members that have been caught doing some very questionable (at best) things. I fail to see how this is any different. 

As someone who's been a victim of this kinda shit and worse, this is one of the most tone-deaf and arrogant things I've ever read on these forums. Grow the fuck up.
Look, I understand where Battons is coming from, but given the...history...dinks has had, it's probably for the best to make any pedo topics (jokes, etc) off limits.
Additionally, if we allow the jokes, there will always be those that push the limits. The idea is "give an inch and they take a mile". "I was just making a joke, don't be so sensitive!" really shouldn't cut it when it comes to pedo stuff and I know that's going to be an excuse used by people if pedo jokes are allowed.

Additionally, if we allow it for pedo jokes...then why not racist jokes too? Comedians make those jokes all the time. Why not super duper sexist jokes? Comedians make those jokes all the time? It gets to be an uncomfortable gray area, so I think it's best that we just draw the line at: "Don't make pedo comments or jokes at all".
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
Mistakes were made goose :(

Despite what you think about the joke, it has no place in the server. I guarantee that staff members (including me) act much different around a group of their friends than in the server. That is because the server has rules and guidelines that are in place for a reason. I understand that to you and other people on the server it might have been an okay joke, but myself and other staff will warn for those jokes. We have had a lot of kids on the server and you would be surprised by the shit people say when small children are on.

I think that this was a one time mistake but please understand that if a regular or staff member had said the same joke, they would have been warned. I don’t want the kids on the server hearing these kinds of jokes. I hope that regardless of what happens with your staff app, you refrain from making these kinds of jokes on the server and apply again in the future.
(10-31-2022, 09:49 PM)Battons Wrote: Learn to take a joke lol.

i don't get the joke. mind explaining the punchline for me?
(10-31-2022, 10:08 PM)Reina Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:49 PM)Battons Wrote: Learn to take a joke lol.

i don't get the joke. mind explaining the punchline for me?
he turns himself into a pickle
funniest shit i've ever seen
[Image: gBkzZod.png]