Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working my way back up the ranks
Ingame Name: Jedi Master Nolegamer

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:121848376
Discord Tag:Nolegamer#7073

Time Played: 3w 2d 11h

When First Joined: back in 2015 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): i usually hop on in early afternoons to late evening EST. I try and play at least 2 hours a day

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I can use my experience to help the community in game. i have knowledge of the the rules (even updated Rules) and ave read through the staff guidelines. i"m level headed and try to make sure everybody is having fun. if i make a mistake, i own up to it and try to work and make myself better

Why you want to help the community: I love the Dink community. i have met friends that i never would have without it. some of my best online memories are playing on the server circa 2015-2017. i never would have gone inactive if my computer didn't fry during a storm. i would like to bring my experience as a past mod to the table to help keep the server fun and controlled. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): only bans i ever had were joke bans from fellow staff members back when i was a mod.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): yes back in 2015 (during the enjin forum times) and i was a mod back then too!

How did you find us?: i had just Purchased gmod and was trying to figure out how to play. Dinks TTT was the only server that actually taught me what to do when i was so new. 

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): yes i did.

Other: i started my staff journey when i bought T-mod forever ago. I enjoyed being a mod and would like to think that i was fairly decent at it. i would like to get to meet more people of the community and look foreward to playing with everybody
Hey! Thank you for applying.

I'm gonna have to -1 this app, but I will probably +1 the next one (if you don't get accepted)

I think it's a little too early for you to apply personally, I would've had you wait 2 weeks or something but I would still like to have you on the staff team since you're a fun guy to be on server with and know the rules! Also activity in the community isn't needed but would be appreciated (ban requests, forum posts, discord stuff, e.t.c).
(11-01-2022, 04:30 PM)Damien Wrote: Hey! Thank you for applying.

I'm gonna have to -1 this app, but I will probably +1 the next one (if you don't get accepted)

I think it's a little too early for you to apply personally, I would've had you wait 2 weeks or something but I would still like to have you on the staff team since you're a fun guy to be on server with and know the rules! Also activity in the community isn't needed but would be appreciated (ban requests, forum posts, discord stuff, e.t.c).
Understandable. i really did this to put my name out there and show that i am committed to the job. i dont really expect it to happen this time, and even if i have to wait a bit longer, i dont mind. thanks for the input though!
A very biased +1 here. I’m 100% confident he’s learned a lot of the changes since coming back, but my opinion in this case also rests on him being excellent staff back in the day. So if newer people in the community have things to say I think it would take more leverage in that regard
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(11-01-2022, 04:52 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: A very biased +1 here. I’m 100% confident he’s learned a lot of the changes since coming back, but my opinion in this case also rests on him being excellent staff back in the day. So if newer people in the community have things to say I think it would take more leverage in that regard
I agree. i would really like to hear what people have to say. gives me a point to improve upon before my next staff app. thank you bud!
Since you use to be a T-mod any reason why you lost that rank?

+1 anyways since you seem to know the rules and never really encountered any problems with you on the server.
Hi Jedi, 

I say give it 2 more weeks as well, you have been recently back since 2 weeks ago and just need a little more time. I usually don't like saying you need more time but in this scenario, it's a no given that it would be nice to have more presence in the server. As far as discord/forums activity, don't really look for much except ban requests but they aren't a much of a necessity. Overall, I think if you were a good staff previously, I would definitely like to see you be staff again! You seem like a chill and fun guy to be with and honestly, I would love to +1. Just a little bit early but if you don't get accepted, it's fine! You can always come back again! 

-1 for right now, +1 for future applications!

-slater

Edit: Here's also your time via gametracker! :)

Edit 2: 11/7 I hereby change my vote to a +1
[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=SmVkaSBNYXN0ZXIg...2519307687]
If I recall correctly, you are an old donor T-Mod. Thus I do think you should be able to start at T-Mod based on your prior financial committment to the pockets of the Dinkster.

Beyond that i'm probably a -1 to any merit promotions at the moment, probably would support a move to trusted (should t-mod not be granted) next time around!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
the activity is whatever because bryan can leave this open long enough to get a better gauge, but reinstatement of your purchased rank or trusted should be fine. you're fun to play with and know the rules obv so +1 if it was anyone else I'd -1, but you did buy your rank so should be held to a different standard.
(11-01-2022, 05:06 PM)slater Wrote: Hi Jedi, 

I say give it 2 more weeks as well, you have been recently back since 2 weeks ago and just need a little more time. I usually don't like saying you need more time but in this scenario, it's a no given that it would be nice to have more presence in the server. As far as discord/forums activity, don't really look for much except ban requests but they aren't a much of a necessity. Overall, I think if you were a good staff previously, I would definitely like to see you be staff again! You seem like a chill and fun guy to be with and honestly, I would love to +1. Just a little bit early but if you don't get accepted, it's fine! You can always come back again! 

-1 for right now, +1 for future applications!

-slater

Edit: Here's also your time via gametracker! :)

[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=SmVkaSBNYXN0ZXIg...2519307687]
Thank you for the Feed back. i knew making this app was a long shot, but also seemed like the best way to get an idea where to improve.

(11-01-2022, 05:08 PM)Jammin Wrote: If I recall correctly, you are an old donor T-Mod. Thus I do think you should be able to start at T-Mod based on your prior financial committment to the pockets of the Dinkster.

Beyond that i'm probably a -1 to any merit promotions at the moment, probably would support a move to trusted (should t-mod not be granted) next time around!
i was but they dont have my purchase on record and my paypal/bank statements dont go back that far. its whatever though, is ee changes have been made so thats a good step

(11-01-2022, 05:09 PM)dong Wrote: the activity is whatever because bryan can leave this open long enough to get a better gauge, but reinstatement of your purchased rank or trusted should be fine. you're fun to play with and know the rules obv so +1 if it was anyone else I'd -1, but you did buy your rank so should be held to a different standard.
while i would like to get the rank back/ i understand why its not happening. without proof, anybody could come along and say they donated. even if you did -1 (honestly other than time on server recently) i would like to find out what i can work on.

(11-01-2022, 05:05 PM)⚡Nash Wrote: Since you use to be a T-mod any reason why you lost that rank?

+1 anyways since you seem to know the rules and never really encountered any problems with you on the server.
lost my rank due to inactivity. my old computer got fried during a storm, and my last 2 were pos laptops that could barley run the os that was on them.