Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Modeste Proposal
tl:dr Consider other’s POV’s for certain matters.

Hi Rand,

Joking Aside, I agree that we should all try to be looking at two different perspectives. Now, I feel that may apply to certain situations, not every situation is the same. Common sense can tell us that one side my be in the wrong for certain situations and the other may be not, such as, individuals attacking other characters or blatantly being toxic in the community in different scenarios. Other scenarios where there are two sides, it may differ. For me, I try to view two different sides if there are two conflicting arguments or sides. For example, the recent threads in the staff/donor abuse threads. I understand people are quick to jump on certain topics and feed/give information to the community about their thought process or opinion on the subject without considering the other perspective and their input on the matter. Granted, it’s going to happen no matter what, but, I would want to state if some people could take this, please consider the other perspective on certain matters. It doesn’t have to be all conflicting arguments with one another , but, consider one side that would require input to which it might’ve led to a misunderstanding. I hope that I put it well enough to where people can understand. 

-slater
When the teacher asks that your essay needs to be 10 pages long...
(11-03-2022, 12:59 PM)slater Wrote: tl:dr
Thank you very much for the tldr.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
(11-03-2022, 12:59 PM)slater Wrote: tl:dr Consider other’s POV’s for certain matters.

Hi Rand,

Joking Aside, I agree that we should all try to be looking at two different perspectives. Now, I feel that may apply to certain situations, not every situation is the same. Common sense can tell us that one side my be in the wrong for certain situations and the other may be not, such as, individuals attacking other characters or blatantly being toxic in the community in different scenarios. Other scenarios where there are two sides, it may differ. For me, I try to view two different sides if there are two conflicting arguments or sides. For example, the recent threads in the staff/donor abuse threads. I understand people are quick to jump on certain topics and feed/give information to the community about their thought process or opinion on the subject without considering the other perspective and their input on the matter. Granted, it’s going to happen no matter what, but, I would want to state if some people could take this, please consider the other perspective on certain matters. It doesn’t have to be all conflicting arguments with one another , but, consider one side that would require input to which it might’ve led to a misunderstanding. I hope that I put it well enough to where people can understand. 

-slater
respectfully, i only like hearing myself talk so i will not read this, but i'm happy for you
or sorry that happened to you
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(11-03-2022, 01:28 PM)bunniey Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 12:59 PM)slater Wrote: tl:dr Consider other’s POV’s for certain matters.

Hi Rand,

-slater
respectfully, i only like hearing myself talk so i will not read this, but i'm happy for you
or sorry that happened to you
SNIP ITTTTTTTT  :@ :@ :@ :@
Wow, what an insightful post. I saw a couple of things that I may not entirely agree with, but overall I think that what you said contributed a lot to an important conversation regarding that topic. I disagree with many of the responses that have argued against your point so far, but appreciate the fact that this thread has allowed a fruitful discussion to take place between all sides of this problem. Regardless of whether or not this thread resolves the issue, I think that what you started here was very productive. I look forward to seeing where the conversation goes from here.
my daily dose of randposting is fulfilled
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
i work at my job
I agree 100% that everyone should hit the reset button. I thought about making a similar post asking for everyone to chill out and reset but I'm glad you said it cuz I am not articulated as well as you were. But I agree the drama is exhausting and we are all a community and one big disorganized family. Be nice to everyone.

If you don't like someone be cordial instead and move on. That's a good life lesson for you young ones. Don't gotta like someone but just be nice for 30 seconds and move on.

I see every facet of human depravity when I go to work. Internet drama is small shit compared to what's actually happening in the world. Try and be nice. Love y'all.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
I got banned for something someone else was warned for, craaaazy