What They Did: Used gag powers with staff on

When They Did It: 11/08/22

Potential Witnesses: Persae, Mystical

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*):

https://archive.org/details/corrily

Other:

N/A

[Image: b_560x95.png]
It is not the first time Corrily has done this.

In fact I'm pretty sure there was an abuse thread made a few months ago.

+1 for what I believe is the second strike if not then full removal

Edit:

This was the other report
[Image: unknown.png]
From the past report and this one I +1 the second strike or full removal!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
I know the rules differ between our servers, but I personally don't see this as much of a problem (especially compared to the other thread)

Someone being faster than me on a gag when someone is actually micspamming is something I'll always appreciate as a staff member. Just me, though.
I haven't played on PH recently (Like in the past 4 months I have been on like 5 times) but I known in the past Corrily has a history of taking staffing into his own hands when there are no staff on (For reference this was around March). I have never seen him do anything when staff was on back when I use to play often. But I haven't been on lately so I can't really comment on that.

No matter what, this is technically donor abuse under the Prop Hunt donor guidelines. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8508 which are different then TTT's although not that different.
Don't donors use staff powers with other staff on like all the time?
(11-09-2022, 06:33 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Don't donors use staff powers with other staff on like all the time?
When I used to staff I would only consider as a punishment if a donor would step in acting as staff when I was on and could deal with it.  I see no issues when a donor uses commands on friends(if friends are okay with it and if it doesn't intefers with what the staff are doing).  The big issue with Corrily is not providing evidence validating the usage of their command. Let's say a random user comes here and makes a report on Corrily showing that they were kicked, what will Corrily do in such a matter if no evidence apart from the kick screen shot is present?
[Image: unknown.png]
(11-09-2022, 07:12 PM)Wilfry Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 06:33 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Don't donors use staff powers with other staff on like all the time?
The big issue with Corrily is not providing evidence validating the usage of their command. Let's say a random user comes here and makes a report on Corrily showing that they were kicked, what will Corrily do in such a matter if no evidence apart from the kick screen shot is present?
To be fair, we don't know whether this happened or not because the video is 6 seconds long. 

also hypotheticals are kinda mid

also also, the evidence showing why the person was gagged here is right there
(11-09-2022, 01:25 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I know the rules differ between our servers, but I personally don't see this as much of a problem (especially compared to the other thread)

Someone being faster than me on a gag when someone is actually micspamming is something I'll always appreciate as a staff member. Just me, though.
Agreed with this in general. This overall seems like a minuscule issue if someone were faster to gag someone that was mic spamming than the staff member online. I don't see any harm in it being used sparingly for that in the correct way. 

But ik this is against ph donor staff guidelines("Donors should not use their commands when PH staff are on the server unless they ask staff first)" Imo if anything this is something that most of the time can be easily resolved by talking to them and telling them not to do that rather than advocating for having their rank removed or a formal strike for just being faster to gag someone legitimately breaking the rules if it's a one-off thing. I do get(and agree) with the notion that Donors aren't staff and generally shouldn't use their powers if staff are online but if it's something as small as that I don't think it is worth fussing over. But the staff should be the ones to ultimately handle it rather than a donor, that just makes more sense and is more consistent since Donors aren't actually staff, so we wouldn't want to them to take matters into their own hands on a constant basis.

However, I want to make it clear idk their past history that well but I saw this donor abuse report from last January that seemed like they were actually trying to take staffing into their own hands by kicking someone as donor and previously got demoted from Trusted for not gathering evidence and refusing to follow protocols. However, according to Fish this account is shared between more than one person and the person that was reported for this instance of actual donor abuse that resulted in a strike is different from the one that was demoted from Trusted? Just putting for context here, so I won't comment on specifics about this case in case there have been persistent issues but it seems clear to me that they gagged them for mic spam, which is justifiable to gag someone for but it should have been handled by the staff member online first rather than a donor doing it. If they do plan to use it they should ask the staff first if they can help. But if they have had issues with this in the past then a strike seems warranted rather than just a talking.

This is coming from a TTT player, so I'm not that sure either how PH treats mic spam and the protocol for that. So I think a strike would be warranted considering the circumstances if it's been an issue with them before
i agree with issuing a strike. if loki didn’t ask for help, then a donor shouldn’t be taking it into their own hands to moderate the server while there’s staff on it. it may have been an appropriate mute, but his role is “donor”, not “staff assistant”.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]