Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jax unban
+1 for reduction.  If it can be shown in middle/high school classrooms, albeit with the proper context, I don't think it's bad enough to warrant a perma ban. It's even on Youtube (and has been up for 3 years) which has very similar rules to discord on videos regarding gore and violence (not posting link but just search it up if you want proof).
idk man youre not racist enough for the server sadly +1
Just to clarify, I'm not appealing for a reduction. I'm appealing for an unban, or at maximum a ban to 2-3 days. I appreciate those who have supported a reduction, however at the moment I would prefer a straight unban rather than a reduction to 1-2 weeks. If it's decided that a 1-2 week ban is more appropriate, I'll kindly ask Jammin to just keep me banned, and I'll appeal at a later date when I want to join again.

Recognizing the fact that the meme was NSFW, and for some people "uncomfortable" (for lack of a better term), it was definitely a fuck up and not appropriate for the discord. ToS aside, there's children on the server (and people in general) who shouldn't be subject to that type of material. Obviously for ToS reasons, it makes sense for a ban. Fortunately, and discord staff feel free to correct me, I deleted the video within 10 seconds because I realized it was probably foolish to send it.

My main argument for a outright unban is the fact that I, as far as I recall, have never been banned outright for anything on the discord besides the one ban I mentioned above (which was for ghost pinging Jammin) . I don't even think I've ever been given a strike for anything serious such as "harassment, NSFW, etc etc". All of my strikes have been shitposting related, and extremely mild. Here are my strikes. As you can see, I only have 2 strikes that are less than 6 months old. And only 1 that is within 2 months.

1027238886936592 Mute - 3 strikes reached. Made at 09/26/22 03:05:43

027238885863440 Strike - intentionally instigating arguments/drama by insulting other members after being asked to stop Made at 09/26/22 03:05:43

998800117616656 Strike - Rule 2, joking about self harm Made at 07/07/22

18:28:04 981506669457424 Ban - 6 strikes reached. Made at 05/19/22 21:40:51

981506667311120 Strike - troll pinging on-call staff Made at 05/19/22 21:40:51

872533400244240 [D] Softban - 5 strikes reached. Made at 07/15/21 23:27:29

872533399044112 [D] Strike - Posting shit in appeals channel that was not an appeal. Second time. Made at 07/15/21 23:27:29

871553396207632 [D] Strike - slurs in vocaroo posted in general Made at 07/13/21 04:59:50

On TTT, I have been banned once for a day.

My point is that, it's pretty clear that although I shitpost quite frequently, and lightly troll, for the most part I follow the rules closely and am never really *that* much of a pain to moderate. I recognize I am probably given leniency in some cases because of my friendship with moderators, but I do think it should be taken into account that this is my first real "fuck up".
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(11-17-2022, 05:30 PM)Reina Wrote: you are not the only person who will see that video, so your personal feelings about the type of content it is showing don’t affect the severity of the violation.

I'd ask you to apply this logic to your own argument.  It seems like the general consensus is that this wasn't enough to permaban off of.
(11-17-2022, 05:30 PM)Reina Wrote: for those saying “this was shown in history class”, luckily there were no k-12 schools showing an up-close video of the actual gore. this was not a video showing a figure of a man being shot from 20 yards away. the video was clearly made to be upsetting, and regardless of how desensitized you yourself are to that kind of content, it’s still a very obvious violation of discord’s community guidelines. you are not the only person who will see that video, so your personal feelings about the type of content it is showing don’t affect the severity of the violation.
this is a public forum discussing how each individual member of a community feels about a ban, as are all unban requests
it is about our personal feelings towards a subject and always has been
if a large amount of people think its not a big deal then thats what gets decided generally
it was deleted promptly, that's all discord cares about in terms of tos violations
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(11-17-2022, 05:04 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: yeah bro who cares if it violates discord tos and can get us in real trouble if we allow it, i personally have seen worse things so we should look over it

Not to derail this thread in any sense... but remember how I said on your T-Mod app you can come across as having a stick up your ass? This is what I was talking about; this whole bit could've been omitted, and your post's point would have stayed the same. Completely unnecessary and unhelpful.
(11-17-2022, 05:33 PM)Ckg Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 05:30 PM)Reina Wrote: you are not the only person who will see that video, so your personal feelings about the type of content it is showing don’t affect the severity of the violation.

I'd ask you to apply this logic to your own argument.  It seems like the general consensus is that this wasn't enough to permaban off of.
Discord TOS violations have been a permaban since the created of the discord staff team at the very least. It isn't like this is a new rule that was just implemented and nobody knew about. The TOS and our server rules are free for all to read, so the "general consensus" is just wrong.
I can understand why a ban happened (gore in public channels being against TOS) , but if there is no malicious intent or other serious offenses, I don't see what harm there would be in a full unban. Pretty much a "don't do it again" kind of thing. +1 unban.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Since people are talking about it in the comments, the ban was correct. I think it's always been Dink's policy to perma anyone who posts ToS-breaking material. Definitely not arguing the ban, as it was warranted. I'm just appealing the perma at this point and requesting an unban
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Salty Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 05:04 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: snip

Not to derail this thread in any sense... but remember how I said on your T-Mod app you can come across as having a stick up your ass? This is what I was talking about; this whole bit could've been omitted, and your post's point would have stayed the same. Completely unnecessary and unhelpful.

It quite accurately demonstrates the situation and pokes fun at a dumb argument. Thanks for making this about me, though. Very helpful.