Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jax unban
(11-17-2022, 06:30 PM)Foxka Wrote: What kind of fucked up high schools did yall go to where you saw brains being shot out wtf???? Also the argument of "I've seen worse on liveleak" is pretty cringe

Anyways, +1 on reduction don't do it again etc.

Not using it as a justification for this ban request, just giving my experiences but in highschool we watched 9/11 footage uncensored (people burning, falling out of the towers etc), the challenger explosion, JFK assassination, some WW2 footage uncensored and the Tibetan monks who would light themselves on fire.

I think the idea was to embed into our mind that these were catastrophic and terrible events that shouldn't be forgotten or downplayed. I think it has more of an effect when its uncensored.

Obviously that's in an academic sense, and has no real bearing on the ban appeal
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Hi Jax,

This is gonna basically reiterate the same thing with what previous people said so I’ll just put my vote in already.

+1 reduction, as I think this would be better than being perma’d tbh, -1 to unban. 

Either way, hopefully you can come back and good luck on your appeal!

-slater
(11-17-2022, 05:33 PM)breece (2) Wrote: Just to clarify, I'm not appealing for a reduction. I'm appealing for an unban, or at maximum a ban to 2-3 days. I appreciate those who have supported a reduction, however at the moment I would prefer a straight unban rather than a reduction to 1-2 weeks. If it's decided that a 1-2 week ban is more appropriate, I'll kindly ask Jammin to just keep me banned, and I'll appeal at a later date when I want to join again.

aside from it being a community guidelines violation, one major part of why i don’t support an immediate unban is because i saw it without expecting to see it. you deleting it quickly shows that you didn’t post it with the intent to shock/upset as many people as possible, though, so i doubt you’ll do this again. i can agree with a reduction to 5-10 days from the day you initially posted the appeal.
i was thinking 5-10 days from the initial appeal and accidentally said 2-3 because i thought about your 2-3 days comment, sorry.
(11-17-2022, 07:13 PM)Reina Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 05:33 PM)breece (2) Wrote: Just to clarify, I'm not appealing for a reduction. I'm appealing for an unban, or at maximum a ban to 2-3 days. I appreciate those who have supported a reduction, however at the moment I would prefer a straight unban rather than a reduction to 1-2 weeks. If it's decided that a 1-2 week ban is more appropriate, I'll kindly ask Jammin to just keep me banned, and I'll appeal at a later date when I want to join again.

one major part of why i don’t support an immediate unban is because i saw it without expecting to see it. the fact that you deleted it quickly shows that you didn’t post it with the intent to shock/upset as many people as possible, though, so i doubt you’ll do this again. i can agree with a reduction to 2-3 days from the day you initially posted the appeal.

That’s fair. At this point, I think it’s best just to wait for lil bro (Jammin) to give his answer. Appreciate the feedback and apologies for exposing you to that.
+1 for a reduction to a week. Yes it breaks Discord ToS, and was distressing to some of those who saw it. The appeal seems genuine, and with the context that jax deleted it very soon after sending it, I think it's clear that it wasn't malicious, and I'd like to think it won't happen again.

I am a little confused by this reasoning, though:

Why would you rather appeal again in two weeks than just be unbanned in two weeks? Is this like a stick it to the man, come back on your own terms kinda thing?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(11-17-2022, 07:49 PM)Ryan722 Wrote: +1 for a reduction to a week. Yes it breaks Discord ToS, and was distressing to some of those who saw it. The appeal seems genuine, and with the context that jax deleted it very soon after sending it, I think it's clear that it wasn't malicious, and I'd like to think it won't happen again.

I am a little confused by this reasoning, though:

Why would you rather appeal again in two weeks than just be unbanned in two weeks? Is this like a stick it to the man, come back on your own terms kinda thing?

Nah nothing as petty as that, it’ll just give me an excuse to take a break from Dinks. I’m not like dying to take a break or anything, if I was I’d just leave anyways, but by the time a week or two passed I probably wouldn’t want to rejoin anyways (at that time at least).

It’s not a means to leverage anything
(11-17-2022, 08:00 PM)breece (2) Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 07:49 PM)Ryan722 Wrote: snip

Nah nothing as petty as that, it’ll just give me an excuse to take a break from Dinks. I’m not like dying to take a break or anything, if I was I’d just leave anyways, but by the time a week or two passed I probably wouldn’t want to rejoin anyways (at that time at least).

It’s not a means to leverage anything
Thanks for the clarification. If you do end up taking a break, I hope it treats you well :)
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Man you know better than to post this crap in here. Regardless of what anyone has or hasn't seen it's not something that should be posted here and naturally breaks TOS. 

-1 for unban but I think a reduction should be in order at some point.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Jax is unironically the most sane person in the discord sometimes. Plus he's a god damn American hero.

Edit:

Also he apologized and I think a reduction is at least in order. He's definitely genuine about his apology in my view, and I think genuinely feels bad about the incident. 

+1 unban/reduction
It's nerf or nothing
[Image: gBkzZod.png]