Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A dox that could have been prevented
Hay guys & happy thanksgiving

Last night a community member got doxed & I think should be obvious is completely unacceptable however I only found out about it wen a user started blowing up my DMs in discord & even then I only found out 10 minutes later wen I ask around who is on the server right now & what the hell is going on this person is blowing up my DMs with incomprehensible stuff as in they were crying a lot but not really explain everything & it is only then that I found out they were been doxed from a single screenshot.

Now I was in bed at 2AM at this time & I am moving homes soon so my PC was packed up so wen I found this out I rang the alarms calling for admin intervention I then slapped my PC together to go put out the fire that had started due to the doxing the user getting doxed was understandably upset however they were upset at Donors for not doing anything now don't get me wrong they Donors they were upset with are under no illusion that there not staff but it did baffle me that that a Regular thinks that they are staff I don't know how I don't know why & I have no clue how they could have gotten this idea but in case anyone needs to know this Donors are not staff contact staff on the discord if there is no one on please.

Anyway the doxing was taking place by a bot account rapidly join in the server with the users into as there name so it would be spammed in the chat & unfortunately as
T-mod I don't have the tools to ID ban so I could not do a lot other then shut down fights braking out & the few doxes who join to spam info into the text chat/voice chat now luckily my prayers for help for help had been answered by the Angel of Death known as @UnfortunatePossum & we played whack a mole with accounts been made to come back to the server & dox some more.

After all of this I asked myself the important question how in the hell did this all happen? & how did it start?

Now how it started was not a hard one to figure out the user who got doxed call out a hacker in voice chat so they became the target or the hackers aggression.
Please do not call out cheaters in chat it causes a lot of problems.

As for how this all happen I looked into it & the reality of it is sad & I can't believe I have to say this given the year we live in.
Don't link your social media with your real name to anything they way they got to the users Facebook was using a link on there steam > that lead to there YouTube > that led to there Facebook on the users Facebook was current/old addresses emails & even there phone number this is all information you should never give out for the love of all that pulsates with life in your body don't give social media platforms your information especially one as bad as Facebook a lot can be done with this kind of information & it can ruin lives in some more unfortunate cases it has even ended lives
DON'T POST YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE!

As a side note something that wen on in the middle of all this I notice some users who are known to contact staff on the discord for stuff like ghosting & hacking but did not ask for help wen someone was been doxed instead choosing to argue with the user who is upset & even wen we did get on were more concerned about a cheater & I just want to take a moments to say... Come on guys... Really? harassment/doxing is well and far above someone who is cheating to get some point's in a video game from 2006 to make themselves feel beater out of everything to ring the bells for you pick everything but this? come on...
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
absolute fax. along with not posting personally identifiable information (name, address, phone number, birthdate, etc) anywhere on the internet people can see, go back through and audit your old accounts every now and then to check if there's anything you don't want people seeing on them. Fraud cases increased 70% from 2020 to 2021, and it only takes a couple pieces of information about you to do it.
My name is Walter Hartwell White. I live at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico 87104
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
@BillyBob

It's always PH.
@Fanta

Ok friend 

[Image: image.png]
(11-25-2022, 11:03 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: @Fanta

Ok friend 

[Image: image.png]
Murder team here, just enjoying the show :)
for real though, y’all need to learn how to be nice to each other. I get that it’s the internet, but we’re all people on the other side of that screen. Would it kill you to not be asshats?
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(11-25-2022, 09:29 AM)BillyBob Wrote: My name is Walter Hartwell White. I live at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico 87104
You’re not going to fool me, P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney NSW Australia
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(11-25-2022, 12:59 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: You’re not going to fool me, P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney NSW Australia

I have been blessed by the presents of a rare tre
PH becoming the new TTT at this rate. We enjoy this as TTT players. We're not the only toxic people anymore!!!!!!

But as you said. Try to keep your location and name off social platforms. If you trust a person, that's when you give that to them. I've notified aplenty amount of people of issues like this due to security risk training, and trying to help localize disasters such as this (albeit security risk training is for data loss, not data release).
[Image: b_560x95.png]