Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dinkleberg's TTT Drama Tier List 2022
Discord Name: This is always the hardest question on these to answer
bunniey is my usual go-to ign, but I like just going by my actual name, Rand, which before my ign was always NotRand, but now it's always something random. Currently, and for the last while, it has been Discord Staff.

Discord ID: Bunniey#6969

When First Joined(Estimate): Early 2019 for dinks in general, late 2019 for discord

What is your age: 26
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper

What can you do to help the Discord community: Obviously the usual thing of warding off ne'er-do-wells and whatnot, but I also have always had a love for setting up events, so that's probably where my main focus would be, aside from the general job of keeping the peace. I was going to throw this up after the CS:GO tournament, but I wanted to just rip off the band-aid. I also like to think I have some pretty decent conflict resolution skills, as well as a tendency to speak what's on my mind, even when I know I'm in the minority, which always did well in my previous staffing experiences as it got conversations flowing more about certain issues. I also have obviously been pretty active in multiple channels for awhile now, and have been trying to keep that up. I kind of miss the days when everyone hung out in the dinks discord vs being in their own discords, and kind of want to bring back something like that, I got to know a lot of people I otherwise wouldn't have really talked to that way.

Why you want to help the Discord community: Longstanding love for the community, and the Discord is probably the biggest 'vulnerability' (just do its inherent nature, not anything that can be prevented or is being mishandled) in it in terms of community safety, aside from people messaging players outright on Steam, which even that requires a friend request. So it should always do with more help. I also have a longstanding debt to Jammin for always in some way supporting me in my miscellaneous screw ups. :P

Other: To address the various elephants in the room, here's why you could be inclined to say no. I did get in pretty hefty trouble about two years ago for leaking staff chat, and was the center of a big ol' staff leaking conspiracy for a long time after that as people have a tendency to leak staff chat to me for whatever reason. I also had a a few well-documented issues like a ban from the discord for raiding it, which in my defense, was decided internally that it wasn't a raid, and that other staff members were egging it on. And the whole thing with my forum ban and its several appeals for making a meme out of someone.

All of this is a very valid reason to -1 me, but honestly? While I was staff, and any time I was actively trying to be staff, or just in the vast majority of my Dinks antics, I've always been pretty fine with people and towards people. I've been actively being better about how I carry myself in Dinks related things for a long while now, though some might argue that my actual redemption arc was only able to be started once I was unbanned from everything, my track record of at least trying to be a positive member of the community has been withstanding for much longer than that, honestly since the day of my forum ban.

Plus organizing events is fun and I want to find new and better ways to do that, I think maybe culminating in an official dinks twitch for events, that's kind of what I'm beta testing with this cs:go tournament.

Oh also I'll be gone for the next two days and don't sign into the forums from my phone, so if you want me to address anything, just message me on discord, I'll respond to you there, and you can post it here

wait help how do i make the :p turn into just :p and not an emoji
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
i think the only con i can really see is your history. its been far displaced but some people really consider it to be too big of a deal to forget. however, i think all the event stuff u have been doing is cool and would be cool if u could help reina do more event stuff, and generally ur a nice guy

oh that means im +1
-1 i don't think you are good fit for staff currently, just add an event organizer role
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
I don't trust you enough to be staff again unfortunately however event coordinator is something I've been begging jammin to do for a long time now so I can see that happening.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I think u would be fine as a helper but I also know that your past wont favor you since you leaked staff chat but I would think you'd be a fine helper or at the very  least you can get the event coordinator type role! GL +1
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
i do agree w foxka a bit tho. do you really want to be discord staff, or just play a role in helping reconnect discords? i'd also be fine w u being something like event coordinator, thatd be sick. i dont genuinely see ur interest in being discord staff but its not my place to say

rands response: I definitely do want to be Discord staff, I used to be Discord staff before and always enjoyed it, so I would very much like to again. I only emphasized events as much as I did because I think it's an important part in growing a community, and letting a community stay peaceful, plus it's just what I'm good at. But I definitely enjoy staffing in any form, and like being part of decision making processes, as ideas and implementations are my strong suit, and I think I could probably foster legitimate growth in the community, versus keeping it as stagnant as it is.

my response: yea im still +1 for whatever u wanna do
-1 for staff, I think it's way too soon given your past history and the trust issues that'll evidently be present if you were to get staff again given that trust was previously eroded from the leaking incident, which you talked about already. I think you'd do good as discord staff itself, I think you have the passion, dedication, and positive mentality to succeed. I think you're a good person at heart too based on my interactions with you. it's just the trust issues that'll be a serious problem and too much to overcome atm jumping right back into being staff imo. If it wasn’t for that particular issue I’d +1 this (to clarify). I think it'll be a steep hill for you to climb to work your way back into staff based on your past history

But +1 to some sort of more formal role in event organizing. I am sympathetic to this because I think this would be a good way to prove that you've changed, you can work hard to earn back trust, and show your behavior has improved(as I said in your forum unban request/after that request as well). It also does no harm because it's not a "staff" role, in the traditional sense anyway. I think this would be a harmless first step without the need to invite you to the staff discord or have a formal traditional "staff" role. Would be a good launchpad into you becoming actual staff in the future if you can prove to the doubters that you are trustworthy again and whatnot.

Since you've been unbanned from the forums you haven't really caused issues here and only have like one isolated incident in discord recently(octoberish). I've been quite happy with the promising signs of improved behavior and your behavior here on the forums since being unbanned. I haven't had any issues and I let you off your moderation leash a bit early to allow you to host the tournament unhindered given your good behavior! Happy to see that. You haven't tried to insert yourself into drama the way you've done in the past. Like I said, I think this could be a good "first step" into earning(albeit extremely hard) some trust back without doing much harm.

I see this as an opportunity to give you more leeway to host events like tournaments in an organized/professional manner (I've been thinking of making an Events category for the forums to allow for this type of thing and making a role so only people with that role can make threads in the event category).

TLDR: -1 for staff, I genuinely think rand would be a great discord staff but think it's too soon given the eroded trust issues from the leaking incident/drama and should rather start small with an events coordinator/organizer role to give him the opportunity to prove that he can be trusted again to be staff and prove his capabilities to be a good staff again
you don't need to be staff to do events for the community. the other parts of this post are fairly generic and i feel if you are to get staff again it's just gonna be groundhogs day
I don't think you should be ever staff again in the community concerning history. Leaking staff chat and always causing drama.

fuck you. You’ve baited me with this title 2 times already. -1
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...