Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
told to kill myself unprovoked by a moderator
 So you're saying that reducing the whole of an entire human being into one, easily digested, poignant label is how we determine whose voice do and do not matter? I think that's a good argument, and definitely should be considered. After all, when we reduce a person to their assigned labels is when we can most clearly draw the line between a good person with a good label, like gay, and a bad person with a bad label, like bigot. Through these identifying phrases we can easily identify who is someone deserving of compassion and respect and who is an un-person, one that we should meet with bile and bloodshed. After all, we know it to be true that very few people who have these sorts of labels are even human enough to engage in introspection! And you're right, why should we give those we can safely identify as un-persons our patience, understanding, or politeness? After all, what do we as individuals owe them? Should it really be our responsibility as decent human beings to do our best to generate positivity and uplift the people around us? That sounds like a lot of hard work, and I don't think ANY of us feel like doing it. You make a good point, and you are valid!

However, though I follow your train of thought, I respectfully disagree. You see, I think that every person has room for development and personal growth, and the potential to achieve that growth. I subscribe to the notion of "Dream it, think it, do it." When you dream of a positive world, that positivity bleeds into your thoughts, and you start to think more positively. When you start to think more positively, those thoughts bleed into your actions, giving you a more positive effect on the world around you. By doing positive, uplifting actions, I believe we as a community can rise above hate and see a more positive change on the community at large. Maybe even on gamers as a whole. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: told to kill myself unprovoked by a moderator - by nico - 12-16-2022, 07:18 PM