Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winsquard for trusted 2
Ingame Name: Widsquard

Discord Tag: MrPutter67#8108

Time Played: 389 Hours

When First Joined: Nov 10, 2022 11:00 PM

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 3pm to 11pm hours (PT) Time zone

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Doner

What can you do for the community: I can moderate the server on hours admins typically aren't on and keep screen recordings of players causing chaos. I can also make suggestions to admins for game changes that can improve gameplay for others, by keeping track of exploits.

Why you want to help the community: I take pride in helping this community and making sure it stays a safe-space for others. It also pains me to see people going in mass rdm spree's and flaming with the excuse, "No mods, no rules." I don't think anyone should be exempt from consequences, that applies to me also. I am also hoping at some point in the future I can make contributions either with maps or new weapons in the game. I also want to be someone people can talk to for help. Well I may not particularly enjoy certain people, that wouldn't stop me from doing my best to be just as helpful as any other staff when being asked for help.

How did you find us?: My multiplayer server browser is where I located this game.

Other: I have decided to take advice from others by staying more active in this community, and getting to know more admins who have helped me. I want to return the favor for those who have had to read all of my reports and use my evidence in OBS.
[Image: c06.gif]
This spinning cat has nothing to do with my form but I want to put it here.
finish the why u want to help the community part, i think you're pretty active in server overall but i'd like to see why you wanna help, and a little bit more activity in forums along with discord. im not against you being staff either, do you have any previous experience staffing?
(12-21-2022, 09:58 PM)voidzz Wrote: finish the why u want to help the community part, i think you're pretty active in server overall but i'd like to see why you wanna help, and a little bit more activity in forums along with discord. im not against you being staff either, do you have any previous experience staffing?
Yes, I actually used to have my own gmod server almost a decade ago ran off my router. I will make the edit!
I never really have cared for whether or not you have ban requests for a trusted application; it's an entry level position.

I say that if you're interested in the position and doesn't cause issues in game, I would say this person is a good candidate.
(12-21-2022, 10:11 PM)Salty Wrote: I never really have cared for whether or not you have ban requests for a trusted application; it's an entry level position.

I say that if you're interested in the position and doesn't cause issues in game, I would say this person is a good candidate.
I’m a +0 because I am not consistently active but ban requests as a metric are mostly only something I would consider if there’s very little staff who could ban. We got a big mod influx which I think does result in fewer  RQs overall
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
dude is a better rapper than chellapo +1 for that alone
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
to go further- i think its clear you want to learn and help the server, i feel as if you have shown more care or dedication than some people who currently are "helping" the server as well. overall, i have a concern with a little bit of bias considering the way you were talking about a certain user last night, but i do believe with some redirection and hopefully getting into the role you'll be able to do things from a pretty unbiased standpoint. of course, personal biases don't always tie in with staffing biases, but can if you're not wary of them.

+1, you seem really willing to learn and i think that there are certain members on the staff team who could lead a great role for the concerns i have
+0 You seem like you hold biases that might lead you to make hasty decisions, just something to be conscious of if you are accepted
More activity in the community would be a plus as well
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
(12-22-2022, 01:21 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: +0 You seem like you hold biases that might lead you to make hasty decisions, just something to be conscious of if you are accepted
More activity in the community would be a plus as well
I appreciate your feedback. I understand where your concern comes from. I just want to add something I didn't address in my post: I do not intend on any disputes I have had with other players to influence the way any decisions are made. I know some people on this server play a big role in the way others communicate, even if some of their decisions aren't agreeable.
Hi Widsquard,

I would like to state that you do have a recent warn from this month which may or may not affect this app, depending on the warn since I completely forgot what it was. There have been a few others stating you have made some off comments that made some weirded out which would be a reasonable thing to say. Obviously, bias is gonna be a huge factor but I think that if you go forward and keep your head steady and cool, you can be able to get through this. It is rough when you’ve been on the receiving end of whatever happened and can leave a bad taste or impression on whoever the offender is. Don’t let it affect you emotionally as it’s a game, not a serious job to be stressed over. Although yes, treat as something that you want to help with and care for. I will contemplate more with my decision and hopefully give it either tonight or tomorrow. 

Best of Luck!

-slater