Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crouch Jumping in TTT
Here's the thing --- the crouch jumping patch aimed to solve the problem of people crouch spamming, as I've been playing on the server post-patch, it has not achieved that in my opinion. I do get boned every time I try to crouch-jump with my scroll wheel and have died various times due to this 'fix', I understand that this is totally a skill issue but at the same time if it hasn't solved the problem I don't understand why it is still there. 

If someone is crouch spamming, they need to be punished within the rules, other players should not be caught in the crossfire of a kinda crappy fix. The fix should punish those who break the rules, not those who just play.

pls fix
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
I have to agree here. It is SO fucking hard to crouch jump consistently with the new patch. Something needs to be done. I agree that this needs to be reverted and players exploiting crouch spamming need to be punished within the rules. Because after all isn't it an exploit?
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
brb downloading crouch jump scripts
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
ye but its hard to define an exact line where crouch jumping/spamming is fine vs where its not, i think the patch did great things to remove possibilities like benny

however, i liked my crouch bhop as well and would think it'd be nice to add back. i just fear what could come if reinstated, as its something difficult to make clear cut (unless we put a vid of benny in the guidelines LOL)
I think it's pretty apparent what's okay and what's not. If you've played against ANYONE that crouch spams you are aware that THAT is what we're trying to prevent. As it currently is, this update punishes players for not using and wearing the jump pack as well.

Also, defining it in the rules should be there anyways, regardless of this update or not.
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
A-1 Saxophonist
its fine as it is, crouch jumping breaks sometimes but once you're used to the way it works now it pretty much never happens
(12-23-2022, 02:55 PM)real (2) Wrote: its fine as it is, crouch jumping breaks sometimes but once you're used to the way it works now it pretty much never happens
in my opinion, normal players who aren't abusing the source engine's hitboxes by crouch spamming shouldn't have to completely alter their style of play due to a few individuals abusing the system
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
A-1 Saxophonist
Neutral on this. I found crouch jumping so annoying and hard to deal with trying to get headshots that I ended up just spraying and praying. On the other hand not being able to crouch jump to reach areas sucks.
(12-23-2022, 02:57 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 02:55 PM)real (2) Wrote: its fine as it is, crouch jumping breaks sometimes but once you're used to the way it works now it pretty much never happens
in my opinion, normal players who aren't abusing the source engine's hitboxes by crouch spamming shouldn't have to completely alter their style of play due to a few individuals abusing the system
it's not a complete alteration of their playstyle tho, it's just learning not to press crouch before jumping
(12-23-2022, 02:47 PM)voidzz Wrote: ye but its hard to define an exact line where crouch jumping/spamming is fine vs where its not, i think the patch did great things to remove possibilities like benny

however, i liked my crouch bhop as well and would think it'd be nice to add back. i just fear what could come if reinstated, as its something difficult to make clear cut (unless we put a vid of benny in the guidelines LOL)
crouch bhopping works fine for me
[Image: gBkzZod.png]