Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crouch Jumping in TTT
it takes a bit of getting used to, I don't like how it prevents you from being able to crouch jump into certain vents or windows (like on the lower level of Roy)
(12-23-2022, 02:57 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 02:55 PM)real (2) Wrote: its fine as it is, crouch jumping breaks sometimes but once you're used to the way it works now it pretty much never happens
in my opinion, normal players who aren't abusing the source engine's hitboxes by crouch spamming shouldn't have to completely alter their style of play due to a few individuals abusing the system
100% agree.  Why does the normal movement need to be changed due to a few sweaty people.  Punish the sweats not the casuals.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
(12-23-2022, 02:36 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: Here's the thing --- the crouch jumping patch aimed to solve the problem of people crouch spamming, as I've been playing on the server post-patch, it has not achieved that in my opinion. I do get boned every time I try to crouch-jump with my scroll wheel and have died various times due to this 'fix', I understand that this is totally a skill issue but at the same time if it hasn't solved the problem I don't understand why it is still there. 

If someone is crouch spamming, they need to be punished within the rules, other players should not be caught in the crossfire of a kinda crappy fix. The fix should punish those who break the rules, not those who just play.

pls fix
Resident dinks playtester here: the “fix” you are referring to, didn’t aim to solve crouch spam, it aimed to solve people putting their heads in the ceiling. What it fixed was being able to jump and spam crouch in mid-air, moving your hitboxes up:down and in/out of the ceiling. We have already made it clear that if players are intentionally attempting to break hitboxes by spamming constantly to do so, they would be warned for it.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(12-23-2022, 03:41 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 02:36 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: snip
Resident dinks playtester here: the “fix” you are referring to, didn’t aim to solve crouch spam, it aimed to solve people putting their heads in the ceiling. What it fixed was being able to jump and spam crouch in mid-air, moving your hitboxes up:down and in/out of the ceiling. We have already made it clear that if players are intentionally attempting to break hitboxes by spamming constantly to do so, they would be warned for it.
erm... remove jump pack???  :P
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Just reduce the cooldown of the anti spam lol. I have no issues.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-23-2022, 03:05 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 02:47 PM)voidzz Wrote: ye but its hard to define an exact line where crouch jumping/spamming is fine vs where its not, i think the patch did great things to remove possibilities like benny

however, i liked my crouch bhop as well and would think it'd be nice to add back. i just fear what could come if reinstated, as its something difficult to make clear cut (unless we put a vid of benny in the guidelines LOL)
crouch bhopping works fine for me
crouch mwheel fps 33.3 no work but nice try.
(12-23-2022, 05:36 PM)voidzz Wrote: crouch mwheel fps 33.3 no work but nice try.
sounds like a skill issue to be quite perfectly honest with you
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
the crouch fix has wrecked my style of bhopping, I've gotten better at doing it the regular way but it still takes me like 3-4 tries to get a hop started without feeling like I tripped over my own legs... not to mention crouch jumping over stuff is a little harder too

remove jump pack to fix head glitch not that hard
remove jump pack, i want to wear more cosmetics.
(12-23-2022, 03:31 PM)murl Wrote: it takes a bit of getting used to, I don't like how it prevents you from being able to crouch jump into certain vents or windows (like on the lower level of Roy)
this is my biggest struggle on magma