unban timbo
(12-30-2022, 02:05 PM)stoked Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)jax Wrote: -snip-

his mic spamming was never hilarious, it was literally the same three sounds 10 times a minute. He also wasn't solely banned for mic spamming, he was banned for ghosting; from what I remember he told everybody who his t buddies were in the round. nothing to do with how overzealous staff is, both of these things were enough to get you banned back then (no permagag at the time existed) and also now (permagag substitution for a ban on the other thing).

all that aside, he has been banned for a while, and I don't really care about alt evading that much to change that fact, but it's essentially been proven that if he returns he will keep mic spamming so a permagag sounds like a fair condition for getting unbanned

I disagree, I never found his mic spamming annoying - I'd rather hear that than 90% of the input of what goes on, on TTT voice. But that's neither here nor there. 

The rules and staffing were overzealous, if I recall correctly the ghosting / teaming guidelines had not been updated at that point - they were more strict / less defined (Although that wouldn't really matter in this case if he just straight up told everyone), RDMing and leaving was still bannable (relevant because that's one of his bans) and permagagging / timed gaggings were not implemented at the time. 

Given the system that is now in place, specifically the permagagging ability, I don't see why there's much of an issue on a full unban especially given the extended timeline (~~ 6 months since last banned)

(12-30-2022, 03:17 PM)Ruby Wrote:

There's a very valid reason to assume that the players + staff will recieve a long, truthful & heartfelt apology when you have been banned 10 times for absolutely stupid shit like constant mic spamming, ghosting & ban evading. I can only imagine how much time & staff resources he has wasted.
A braindead statement of "oooooh ooo aaaaaaaah  ape gang resurrection" is in no way any of those things. 

People have been unbanned for much worse but im 200% sure you're mostly referring to one time offenders or people that have been banned for way longer. From what i've read, this guy ban evaded for a substantial amount of time just some months ago. 

TL:DR - 10 bans 4 same shit = tru ape brain = negative iq = ur take = shit + schizoposting 2.0

The only people who demand a "long, truthful and heartfelt apology" for GMOD are people who are chronically online. "I can only imagine how much time and staff resources he has wasted." The tragedy of staff having to read one sentence on an appeal... what are we going to do? Oh no, staff had to type !gag timbo.... such wasted resources. Go outside.

"200% sure you're mostly referring to one time offenders..." lol okay, I'll make it simple for you.

Caribou - 10 bans
Madshitter - 6 bans
Shaye - 11 bans
Kessler - 7 bans
Rylo Ken - 22 bans
Laced Xanax - 28 bans (and look, he was able to reform and become T-mod! Crazy!)

Yeah but sure one time offenders... Y'all just have a hard time grasping that when it comes to unban requests its a popularity contest and whether or not staff like the individual or not.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(12-30-2022, 03:25 PM)jax Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 02:05 PM)stoked Wrote:
-snip-

(12-30-2022, 03:17 PM)Ruby Wrote:

-snip-
But quite literally the difference is that those players managed to do some self-reflecting, managed to better themselves & have proven themselves to the community as i have personally played with most of them & have had only positive experiences.. This player that you're defending with your life has shown literally no improvement (based on having gone through all their appeals). 

Your take that people who have enough respect for themselves to desire a proper apology are "chronically online" is the biggest denial cope of 2022, congrats. I'm very sorry that you desire no formal apologies from people that have wronged & hurt you. Doormat type of vibe. 
+ stating that it's a popularity contest is 2x delusional. Not once have i seen any staff member hold any bias towards who they like/dislike.

EDIT: Reflecting on your comment about staff resources... Keep in mind that in 90% of cases the staff on GMod servers do NOT get payed for their contributions & most of them have to manage a real life job along with being a voluntary staff member to better the server that YOU have decided to be a part of. I'm sure you've never had to put in any effort to actually make anything of yourself or feel good about your achievements so you obviously will never understand this, but being a staff member is not easy. Specially when dealing with someone like OP who gets themselves into trouble on a nearly monthly basis & never learns from their mistakes + warns. 
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
jesus christ, snip your shit and quit arguing.
can we go back to focusing on timbos appeal

anyways i can agree on unban with permagag, i agree with jammins take
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
no lol you’re annoying
(12-30-2022, 04:11 PM)Ruby Wrote: EDIT: Reflecting on your comment about staff resources... Keep in mind that in 90% of cases the staff on GMod servers do NOT get payed for their contributions & most of them have to manage a real life job along with being a voluntary staff member to better the server that YOU have decided to be a part of. I'm sure you've never had to put in any effort to actually make anything of yourself or feel good about your achievements so you obviously will never understand this, but being a staff member is not easy. Specially when dealing with someone like OP who gets themselves into trouble on a nearly monthly basis & never learns from their mistakes + warns. 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

for the sake of relevancy to the thread:
+1 for permagag unban!!!!
[Image: xdjlve.png]
unban timbo his mic spam was funny and when he rdmed me I liked it

don't perma gag then how will we know if he has updated his soundbourd or not
Unban with permagag. Handled.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
how much do you think she weighs?

+1 fun dude. If mic spamming is the issue then just perma gag, like many others are/have been.
I think a fair stipulation would be to be permagagged if he's unbanned, given his history. Perhaps a grace period to be allowed to be untagged with no issues arising.

But Jax brought up a good point. People have been banned more than him and returned and some are now even staff. I think it's possible and even should be encouraged.

Plus it's been a while.