unban timbo
+1 for an unban with a permanent gag that Timbo can appeal at a later date. (like 2-3 months after this one if it is approved)
I don't necessarily think alt evading is that much of an issue as some people make it out to be. He effectively served more time than I did when I alt evaded and I got unbanned, permagag appears to be a viable solution given context in this forum.
(12-30-2022, 10:45 PM)voidzz Wrote: I don't necessarily think alt evading is that much of an issue as some people make it out to be. He effectively served more time than I did when I alt evaded and I got unbanned, permagag appears to be a viable solution given context in this forum.
The alt evasion on it's own isn't a huge issue, it's everything else he's done along with it. He caused problems for the staff on the server while he was alt evading, and so far has only proved he's only here to continue doing so.
(12-31-2022, 01:00 AM)real (2) Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 10:45 PM)voidzz Wrote: I don't necessarily think alt evading is that much of an issue as some people make it out to be. He effectively served more time than I did when I alt evaded and I got unbanned, permagag appears to be a viable solution given context in this forum.
The alt evasion on it's own isn't a huge issue, it's everything else he's done along with it. He caused problems for the staff on the server while he was alt evading, and so far has only proved he's only here to continue doing so.

Could you elaborate that statement for us who don't know
(12-31-2022, 01:44 AM)Birddog6 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 01:00 AM)real (2) Wrote:

Could you elaborate that statement for us who don't know
Sure thing.

Jammin pretty much did all the work for me regarding his past behavior, see his comment on the first page. While alt evading as tony the shrimp, he continued to do the same stuff he did as Timbo, that being micspamming, flaming staff when he was gagged/muted, and generally just being a nuisance to other players on the server. With the low effort unban request combined with his past behavior and my own personal experience with him, I have no reason to believe he's changed. I believe his sole purpose for wanting to come back is to continue to make trouble for the staff and for other players as he's been doing.
I agree with you, but we have people with twice as many bans as that and for similar or even more egregious offenses. It just seems like the suggestion to have him be temporarily permagagged and then appeal that gag to be a more concise and reasonable suggestion than to deny this appeal outright.
(12-31-2022, 03:56 AM)Birddog6 Wrote: I agree with you, but we have people with twice as many bans as that and for similar or even more egregious offenses. It just seems like the suggestion to have him be temporarily permagagged and then appeal that gag to be a more concise and reasonable suggestion than to deny this appeal outright.
I've never liked other people's bans setting the precedent for future unbans unless it's something cut and dry like hacking. That being said, I lean more towards just denying this appeal because I saw all of Timbo's history firsthand and he just went right back to doing the same stuff he was before. It wasn't just micspam, which is why I think a permagag wouldn't do much to keep him from breaking the rules. 

But maybe I'm wrong and a permagag would be all that's needed. I guess only time will tell.
-1 as I believe you have not learned your lesson due to the ban evading!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
(12-30-2022, 07:36 PM)LemonTiara Wrote: how much do you think she weighs?

+1 fun dude. If mic spamming is the issue then just perma gag, like many others are/have been.

bro I lost that sound clip and now i might kms because of it

(12-30-2022, 03:17 PM)Ruby Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)jax Wrote: People who never played with Timbo giving input lol.

1.) Timbo was never a "dickhead", he mic spammed hilarious sound boards.

2.) It has always been a mystery to me why people insist that paragraphs are needed for an appeal. He was permabanned for continuous mic spam, how the hell do you expect someone to write more than a few sentences for mic spam.

+1 For full unban, people have been banned and subsequently unbanned for much worse. Timbo's sound boards were never malicious and he was never a problem within the community save for the "mic spam.".
Demented take tbh. 
People can get a pretty good look at his personality with the previous TEN ban appeals he has, including this one.

Just because you liked his soundboard, does not mean everyone liked it & personally i'd always find it very annoying when people spam a shitty soundboard that was ported over from an android apk made in 3 minutes.

There's a very valid reason to assume that the players + staff will recieve a long, truthful & heartfelt apology when you have been banned 10 times for absolutely stupid shit like constant mic spamming, ghosting & ban evading. I can only imagine how much time & staff resources he has wasted.
A braindead statement of "oooooh ooo aaaaaaaah  ape gang resurrection" is in no way any of those things. 

People have been unbanned for much worse but im 200% sure you're mostly referring to one time offenders or people that have been banned for way longer. From what i've read, this guy ban evaded for a substantial amount of time just some months ago. 

TL:DR - 10 bans 4 same shit = tru ape brain = negative iq = ur take = shit + schizoposting 2.0

bro I made my soundboard on the fly, added requested songs from players on the server, and recorded players in game to put on the soundboard. I won't abide by this slander of low effort

(12-30-2022, 04:11 PM)Ruby Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 03:25 PM)jax Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 02:05 PM)stoked Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)jax Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

(12-30-2022, 03:17 PM)Ruby Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)jax Wrote: -snip-

-snip-
But quite literally the difference is that those players managed to do some self-reflecting, managed to better themselves & have proven themselves to the community as i have personally played with most of them & have had only positive experiences.. This player that you're defending with your life has shown literally no improvement (based on having gone through all their appeals). 

Your take that people who have enough respect for themselves to desire a proper apology are "chronically online" is the biggest denial cope of 2022, congrats. I'm very sorry that you desire no formal apologies from people that have wronged & hurt you. Doormat type of vibe. 
+ stating that it's a popularity contest is 2x delusional. Not once have i seen any staff member hold any bias towards who they like/dislike.

EDIT: Reflecting on your comment about staff resources... Keep in mind that in 90% of cases the staff on GMod servers do NOT get payed for their contributions & most of them have to manage a real life job along with being a voluntary staff member to better the server that YOU have decided to be a part of. I'm sure you've never had to put in any effort to actually make anything of yourself or feel good about your achievements so you obviously will never understand this, but being a staff member is not easy. Specially when dealing with someone like OP who gets themselves into trouble on a nearly monthly basis & never learns from their mistakes + warns. 
HOLY FUCK HE'S DEFENDING ME WITH HIS LIFE? YOU GUYS HAVE A GUN ON JAX? SOMEONE CALL THE COPS

(12-30-2022, 02:14 PM)chibill Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)jax Wrote: People who never played with Timbo giving input lol.

1.) Timbo was never a "dickhead", he mic spammed hilarious sound boards.

2.) It has always been a mystery to me why people insist that paragraphs are needed for an appeal. He was permabanned for continuous mic spam, how the hell do you expect someone to write more than a few sentences for mic spam.

+1 For full unban, people have been banned and subsequently unbanned for much worse. Timbo's sound boards were never malicious and he was never a problem within the community save for the "mic spam.". Also, his ban took place during a time where, at least in my opinion, staff were overzealous with their staffing. I think the current guidelines and staff are much stronger than they were a year ago.

There's a reason a year ago there were weekly "Staff need to be transparent" or "Change this rule" threads blowing up.

Technically jax, many of us have played with him, except it was his alt "tony the shrimp" who during his time on the server between May and July had 3 spam related warns. (Spamming PMs to people, Mic Spamming annoying sounds and chat spam.)  

https://imgur.com/a/PsJvnSf This is an image of all the warns his alt "tony the shrimp" had gotten on the server, before he was eventaully banned for ban evading.

All my other replies are jokes, but seriously, the warning for "f slur" was when I was talking to a gay teenager on the game who was telling about his abusive boyfriend... I literally said something like "yeah man dump your f***** ass boyfriend" or something like that to make the dude LAUGH when he was having a hard time. he did laugh, and anyone playing could tell you the guy was upset when I was immediately gagged. that's really the only thing on this thread I care about replying to - if you don't want to unban me for playing YAHOO or whatever thats fine, it's just a game, but please don't go acting like I'm some homophobe.
tldr - the rules on this server are binary as fuck, like people playing videogames are computer programs or some shit. I "broke the rule" by saying a word, but it made the actual gay guy I was chilling with laugh while he was distraught from going through some difficult shit. If that's bad in your eyes, then my sound board is the least of your problems.
#FreeTimbo2023
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously