Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Moderator Staff App
I will preface this with three things.

1. This is serious.

2. This is justified as being a post/serious staff app, despite it not being a position that is typically applied for, because there are other positions that aren't typically applied that people post apps for (admin positions)

3. I actually had a third thing but somehow forgot it so this will be a placeholder until I remember it

Name: bunniey/notrand/whatever everyone knows to just call me Rand at this point

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40546659

Discord name: bunniey#6969

Why am I applying: I'm applying because I like the community, that's the bottom line. I believe I use the forums in a way, more often than not, that is fairly neutral, and more critical-thinking-forward, whether that's posted publicly or privately. I believe heavily in conversation, and don't want to see (which I don't believe it has) any amount of censorship, and think any thread can be salvageable as long as it's still being actively engaged, before it turns into pure shitposting. I aim to make sure people get to say their piece, but also want to make sure it doesn't just become a back and forth of ceaseless bickering. I care about this place, and don't like seeing people leave the community completely over things like staff appointments and forum drama.

What can I do for the community: I think this role in general can transcend the idea of just content moderation into more of a debate moderation role as well. People tend to leave people to their devices until there is shitposting or harassment, but it doesn't tend to really foster a conversation. Of course I'll keep up with content moderation as well, that's easy enough, but taking a more proactive approach on combating arguments and thread derailment in a way that people can come away from thinking the conversation was positive is equally important, and important for the health of the forums as a whole, especially recently.

Other: I think, if one were to compare me to some people that achieve staffing positions (through voting or not) under a microscope, you can see that things I've been involved in tend to be pretty negligible in comparison, and are always fewer and farther between incidences. People that speak with me one-on-one, no matter how heavy of issues I have with them, tend to come out of the conversation thinking we made a heavy bit of progress.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
-1 I do not think you are a good fit for staff currently
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
I will standby my point you should never be staff again considering the amount of shit you’ve leaked from the staff chat. I’m not even gonna talk about the drama threads.

Yes I know everyone will say “ this isn’t the position you can apply for “ yes it’s not . But it’s a great way the  to get feedback from the community. At least community knows what people think before they’re promoted.

I will talk with rand directly about my concerns . Thanks for response
(01-05-2023, 07:36 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: I will standby my point you should never be staff again considering the amount of shit you’ve leaked from the staff chat. I’m not even gonna talk about the drama threads.

Yes I know everyone will say “ this isn’t the position you can apply for “ yes it’s not . But it’s a great way the  to get feedback from the community. At least community knows what people think before they’re promoted.
i mean
i only ever leaked one thing from staff chat like
actually

and anything that was ever spread to me after that one thing was always only kept between me and the people who leaked

if you think i leaked other things please do dm me about them i wanna know about more if im being accused of more

-courtesy of milk(2)
i'm neutral, but i really like/appreciate the idea of you applying for it where the community can see it / have a say!
I actually support rand being in this position. He's extremely well read, and very good at construing his points without condescending others. He's also (mostly) unbiased and level headed *especially* during serious discussion. The recent events he hosted prove to me that he cares about the community more than others may think. I think he'd do great here. +1
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
level headed dude, I do not see why leaking staff chat is such a huge issue. its gmod and not that serious lmao. I honestly wish staff would leak chat MORE. I have not seen drama from them first hand and I like that they applied for the position instead of it being handed to them. +1
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
+1 dude is chill asf after multiple interactions I believe he is a genuinely cool person
-1. You have a history of causing and inciting drama on the forums and have accrued multiple forum bans which include harassment.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-05-2023, 08:46 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: -1. You have a history of causing and inciting drama on the forums and have accrued multiple forum bans which include harassment.
I don't usually like defending myself much on staff apps, but I feel it's been long enough that I think I should throw my side out on situations again.

I was only ever banned twice on forums, once for harassment, which was a shitty joke that got out of control. I've tried to patch it up as much as I could, and still am trying to. But it's still a very valid concern, and I understand being denied on that basis for a long time. The other was essentially a preemptive day ban because Matt and Jammin thought we were raiding the discord and would switch to the forums if we got banned on Discord, but the whole raid thing was decided by staff to be just a bunch of people screwing around, with no malicious intent behind it, but there were other things going on that made staff not want to deal with it, which I get. So most consider it one ban on forums. Which was still bad, but I just want to set the record straight.

-courtesy of milk(2)