Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We only do it for you
This is my own opinion on the subject matter.

Staff don't care about us: They actually care about you and everyone that follows the set rules of the servers. I just play prop hunt and I'll see @BIIG_SAD, @"mysticalEVILwarrior", @Super Milk Chan, etc. hop on just to have fun. I'm sure it looks like it wears out people to essentially seem as if they're not interested in just playing, but they have lives outside of a game. They are not paid to do their jobs. Being staff is a taxing and involved job, so if they can't get on to just play, I myself understand that. Do I enjoy when staff gets on to play, absolutely!

No one put's effort into this community anymore: This complexly false in my opinion. @reina, @Jammin, etc. do a phenomenal job on the discord side, the staff team on PH, and the web staff as well! (can't speak for the other game mods as I don't personally play them, but I'm sure they're just as good as PH's staff team!). I don't think a lot of people understand what goes on behind the corners. This community is like a play, it's not just the actors that do things, there are people who are busting their butts to ensure that this community has the support to run this awesome gmod community!

Spam in the chat makes me not want to engage in conversation: This does occur frequently. Reactions would be best instead of spamming cat gifs, memes, etc. I myself am guilty of it, so for me personally I will tone it down with the cat stuff within the discord.

The forums are just a place to dog pile/get picked on for having an opinion that is different: I myself haven't run into this. I primarily use it to submit ban requests for those individuals not following the stated rules, but I know it happens. I personally feel as if the forums should be used in a more professional manner by everyone. The Discord is meant to chat about each perspective game mode, shitposts, general chats, etc. If the forums are used in a professional manner, there shouldn't be any reason to pick on someone. For example, if someone was being reported for cheating, the only things should be mentioned are facts to the subject, not feelings on something. 

I feel that X Y & Z get away with it because they're staff: I feel like this is not true from personal experience. In my opinion, staff are held at a higher expectation as they are sort of the face of the server. Staff should have a zero tolerance to rule breaking. How would you staff a game mode and not follow the rules and then comeback and say this person got away with it, no. It shouldn't be about the other person, worry about yourself. If you don't break the rules, you wouldn't have to worry about that. The rules are simple, and they're not hard. The past/present staff team has made it clear in black and white what is and what is not allowed. 

If I got punished this user should as well this is unfair treatment: This sort of piggybacks on what I just stated. If you get punished that's based on your actions, not someone else's. They didn't force you to do something, so just worry about yourself. 

Tired of style content: This is an awesome idea! Teaching others skills that they can learn would greatly improve things!
???????? ??????

Messages In This Thread
We only do it for you - by Super Milk Chan - 01-08-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: We only do it for you - by Summer - 01-08-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: We only do it for you - by Laced Xanax - 01-08-2023, 01:20 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Nicol Bolas - 01-08-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Forum Staff - 01-08-2023, 01:48 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Nicol Bolas - 01-08-2023, 01:52 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Dildo Shwaggins - 01-08-2023, 12:00 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Dirtypizza - 01-08-2023, 01:31 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Summer - 01-08-2023, 01:58 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Ryan722 - 01-08-2023, 02:14 PM