Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We only do it for you
For starters, I just wanna say I greatly appreciate the amount of thought and effort that went into this post. Even with a few errors, you got your point across just fine, so you don’t need to apologize for anything. I’d also like to respond to a few parts that stood out. 

I can understand how the cat spam mid-conversation can be annoying and discouraging, so discord staff can try to be more vigilant about preventing that kind of derailment in the future. 

The TTT and Community forums make me tired whenever i look at them. Everywhere else is usually pretty alright. 

Igree, it’s not hard to find preferential treatment in this community, or any community, or anywhere else with a hierarchy. Try as we may to avoid it, some (not necessarily all) staff members may give preferential treatment to a player at some point in time– though it’s rare to see plain old favoritism. 
  There may be times when dealing with regulars or other staff members where a staff member will unconsciously choose to give a lighter punishment, or no punishment at all, because they know in the back of their mind that being the one who issues a ban may mean being flamed and harassed by people who like that person. This sometimes leads to a game of hot potato where each staff member who deals with that player tries not to be the one who has to give the ban without realizing they’re doing it. This community can get very very tiresome with its knee-jerk reaction to friends being banned, and I can’t blame staff for wanting to catch a break sometimes. Luckily there are also many staff members willing to ignore that risk and go through with any punishments they need to do. (none of this applies to Les’s bingo post, staff was just being a little silly with that one)
  I believe I have yet to see this be an issue between staff members myself, though. In my experience and from what I have seen, staff members have been very fair with one another and are willing to hold each other accountable, including admins. Sometimes staff may appear to be lenient with one another for lighthearted stuff like shitposting, but from what I’ve seen that’s either because the post or message they’re allowing to remain just happens to have been made by a staff member or because they know the person well enough to know there’s no harm intended with their actions and simply don’t think they need to be punished. The staff member making that decision could definitely still be wrong in doing so, but i don’t think it’s right to blame it on favoritism in that case.
  So, all in all, yeah I agree punishments are unbalanced sometimes. I disagree with jumping to conclusions about why that is the case, though. Try to remember that they’re only human and the stakes for the punishment are usually pretty low. 

bye :3

Messages In This Thread
We only do it for you - by Super Milk Chan - 01-08-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: We only do it for you - by Summer - 01-08-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: We only do it for you - by Laced Xanax - 01-08-2023, 01:20 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Nicol Bolas - 01-08-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Forum Staff - 01-08-2023, 01:48 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Nicol Bolas - 01-08-2023, 01:52 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Dildo Shwaggins - 01-08-2023, 12:00 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Dirtypizza - 01-08-2023, 01:31 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Summer - 01-08-2023, 01:58 PM
RE: We only do it for you - by Ryan722 - 01-08-2023, 02:14 PM