Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champion of Dink's
With the NBA and NHL championships right around the corner, it got me thinking about possibly putting on a championship elimination tournament for the Dink's server.

The tournament would be conducted once a month on a predetermined day (An annoucement would be made). I would be happy to organize it and make the annoucement. The tournament would contain 8 people, but I could expand it to 16. Here's how it would work: In a tourney of 8, the lowest 4 scores after the first map would be eliminated. Then on the next map, the lowest 2 scores would be eliminated, until a champion is crowned. They would recieve points and pointshop items, etc.

This would be conducted during a low traffic time to limit interference. All players who want to enter may do so on the forums on a first come first serve basis. The tourney winner can continue to reenter, but if you do not win after entering 3 months in a row, you must sit out one tourney to give other players a chance to enter.

This is a very choppy idea at this stage, but let me know what you think and how we could make this idea better or work on the server. Any suggestions on how to conduct this or rule changes are welcome.

EDIT: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FANTASY SPORTS. This is an In game TTT tournament.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
I don't get it is this like fantasy footmball
[Image: original.gif]
(05-23-2017, 09:13 AM)StaleWater Wrote: I don't get it is this like fantasy footmball

Not really fantasy football, just an elimination style tournament to see who's the top player on the server. From what @City has explained so far, each person in the tournament has to go for the top score on the leaderboards, after the first map, the lowest few scores are eliminated and so on and so forth. Last person standing wins.

Though the idea seems cool, I feel that it won't be doable, not because of the amount of people participating, its because our server is a public one, and if someone rdms a contestant then their score is ruined because someone decided to go on a killing spree.
(05-23-2017, 09:31 AM)HiddenBlade Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 09:13 AM)StaleWater Wrote: I don't get it is this like fantasy footmball

Not really fantasy football, just an elimination style tournament to see who's the top player on the server. From what  @City has explained so far, each person in the tournament has to go for the top score on the leaderboards, after the first map, the lowest few scores are eliminated and so on and so forth. Last person standing wins.

Though the idea seems cool, I feel that it won't be doable, not because of the amount of people participating, its because our server is a public one, and if someone rdms a contestant then their score is ruined because someone decided to go on a killing spree.

I thought about that too, that seems like the only major flaw to the concept. Doing it at an off time would limit that, but not 100%. If anyone has any suggestions on a different way to keep score/purposes for elimination please share.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(05-23-2017, 12:15 PM)City Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 09:31 AM)HiddenBlade Wrote:

Not really fantasy football, just an elimination style tournament to see who's the top player on the server. From what  @City has explained so far, each person in the tournament has to go for the top score on the leaderboards, after the first map, the lowest few scores are eliminated and so on and so forth. Last person standing wins.

I thought about that too, that seems like the only major flaw to the concept. Doing it at an off time would limit that, but not 100%. If anyone has any suggestions on a different way to keep score/purposes for elimination please share.
why dont we do it during 10pm-5am theres usually not alot of people on at those times
[Image: original.gif]
But then i'll always win :(