ella unwarn request
Ingame Name: ella

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:741302943

Who Warned You: @Cimag 

Reason For Warn: "[8 points] Harassment, ella: Cimag actual fucking downsyndrome."

Length of Warn: 7 Months

Reason for Admins to Unwarn: TL;DR: I was not given an adequate verbal warning to stop "harassing" Cimag, and I stopped talking to him regardless.

@Cimag @slater @LemonTiara 

Situation: Cimag reported me twice on the last 2 rounds of innocent motel, one of those reports was valid. I told him he was a retard if he didn't forgive, and he didn't forgive. During the first round on eclipse I asked if he was trolling and he said something sarcastic about me being an alt with no rights. I called him an idiot and said "Cimag actual fucking downsyndrome." A bit later, Cimag, in dead chat to the whole server, said,  "Harassment can lead to an 8 point warn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)," I'm paraphrasing. At that exact moment I said, "Cimag is a retard," I'm paraphrasing.  (not my comment from the warn) His "warning" was directed at everyone, and CONTAINED A LENNY FACE. I stopped saying anything to him, but apparently my simultaneous "retard" comment qualified as me disregarding his "warning". slater was there at the time, looked into if he could remove the warn, and aired on the side of caution, saying I could appeal it. As far as I know, slater and Cimag would have the best recollection/evidence of the events alongside myself, with LemonTiara possibly coming in clutch since she seemed to enjoy my down syndrome comment at the time.

I am sorry to Cimag if I hurt his feelings, which is why I stopped when I got the sense that he was no longer bantering, but I don't think his verbal warning was valid, I don't think his warn is valid, and it has not changed how I interact with other people. When someone asks me to stop I stop (they usually just banter back), when staff asks me to stop I stop, but I do not and will not feel obliged to change my behavior when a staff member tells the whole server that "harassment can lead to punishment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)". 

Have you been warned before (Link relevant threads): Twice for slurring. F slur both times.

Other: I don't really care about being unbanned (3 days), I just want this warn off my record. Logging into dinks is essentially me agreeing to a 50/50 chance of being harassed for hours on end, with inconsistent staff intervention. Harassment has been lighter recently, but when someone does dislike me they get to target, harass, flame me for days without much punishment (just slays for rdm). I can name names if staff actually cares. The point is that it's ridiculous that so many get away with it, then the second I poke fun at a Trusted I get slammed with the 8 point. for the r word. after a lenny face.
Would you happen to be able to provide chat logs of his warn?
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(01-08-2023, 05:13 PM)Forum Staff Wrote: Would you happen to be able to provide chat logs of his warn?
i have no logs of the warn as it happened. slater or Cimag might. bryan sent me my warns from AWarn3 Logs (ty bryan)
I will go look thru the relay in an hour or so when I get home. Assuming this was after I left at some point, lass night or early this moring?
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
(01-08-2023, 05:27 PM)chibill Wrote: I will go look thru the relay in an hour or so when I get home. Assuming this was after I left at some point, lass night or early this moring?
December 18th, 2022.
ah yeah I remember this, basically ella summarized it. I will include the moment cimag warned ella which was around the exact same time ella said something and got hit with a warn since that’s what the main issue is around. Cimag did give very vague verbal warnings to ella which didn’t seem to “direct” at ella, but it was a verbal warning nonetheless. The second to last verbal warning was cimag verbally warning them in a report in which ella reported cimag for rdm or something like that. Next map roles around and ella says something than Cimag warns them for harassment. Me and ella talked and I asked staff in the staff discord if they thought it was valid with the vague verbal warns. One of the staff members stated that it would be valid, even if they “didnt” catch the verbal warns and that’s why it’s been stuck. The warn expiration for it would be 6 months, so around 5-4 months left for the warn to expire.
(01-08-2023, 05:28 PM)slater Wrote: -words-
The only verbal warn outside of reports I recall receiving was the one I mentioned. The only one I recall receiving within a report, if that's even valid, was after I had stopped communicating with Cimag and they said not to make false reports, which it wasn't, and you said that I was fine for that.

I'd like to see the reports from innocent motel, but I had no idea you were even using those to weigh in your decision. Between map changing and me not reading what people say, I have no idea how those could be valid verbal warnings from a staff member. In those reports he functions as a player to be judged by other staff, not as staff himself.
Idk obviously things are different now but a nondirect warn shouldn't be considered valid and didn't used to be but yeh
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Oh are we finally considering calling people the r-word to be harassment?
This word gets thrown around all the time and staff have never had a problem with it before. It's definitely not a matter of 'how it's being used' since I have personally been on the receiving end despite making it clear to the community how I feel about the word.
If regulars can say it as much as they want to whoever they want with no repercussions, then this is definitely not a valid warn/ban situation.
(01-08-2023, 05:37 PM)ella Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 05:28 PM)slater Wrote: -words-
The only verbal warn outside of reports I recall receiving was the one I mentioned.

I'd like to see the reports from innocent motel, but I had no idea you were even using those to weigh in your decision. Between map changing and me not reading what people say, I have no idea how those could be valid verbal warnings from a staff member. 
Yeah that’s the one of verbal warnings you had mentioned which was in a report.

I currently don’t have screenshots of it since I didn’t think to at the time and dealing with other people had my mind occupied for a few maps. I think that it wouldn’t be counted as a fair warning considering that it was super vague until cimag had warned you about it. We’ll have to see what the admins think but it could go either way.