Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying for Trusted!
Ingame Name: Nihilistic Nerd

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40419947

Time Played: 541+ hours

When First Joined: Jan 18, 2022

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Monday-Sunday, around 7PM-1AM (MST)

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community?: I frequently spot cheaters and ghosters, I figured it was time to apply for staff and help take care of them instead of pestering other staff to come on and help. I also frequently warn others of what the rules are and where they can read them, but sometimes that alone isn't enough. I'm pretty good at helping out the new players too, quickly responding to any questions about how the game works.

Why do you want to help the community?: I understand the experience is ruined when people are being annoying or revealing spots, and I want to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone whether they are new player or a regular to the server.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Not that I am aware of?

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Nope, first-timer.

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I have both OBS and the standard recording software that comes with NVIDIA. My computer is also capable of taking screenshots.

How did you find us?: Honestly, it was one of the few prop hunt servers that had enough people on that I felt comfortable joining as a new player, I didn't have any experience with it beforehand and recently got back on to Gmod at the time.

Other: I don't really have any experience with staffing, but I am open to learning what is needed for the job and helping out!
Coming from an entirely separate part of the community I think you should get a try at trusted. It's an entry level position with tons of room to grow. You may have a small amount of forum posts but you seem really enthusiastic about joining and know how to make ban requests. Also, 500+ hours in a year is nuts.
I think Nerd would be a great staff member. She's always been helpful, has a good grasp on the rules, can spot ghosters and cheaters, and is very active.
[Image: image.png]
Nerd is a good pick, There never a problem & know how to be helpful. +1
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
Nerd is a good friend that knows the rules well. Great person to help out the chaos of PH. +1 from the bird
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
Hiya nerd, great to see you apply for staff! First off +1111, but I want to go over your positives and negatives. You're a great member of community, and absolutely would be a great addition to staff. Alright so let me go over your positives and negatives from my opinions.

Positives: 
  • Great playtime. You have almost 550 hours of playtime in the server, and with this playtime you know the rules inside and out of the server. You play very often and see you very reguarly. 
  • Knowledge of the rules. You know the rules very well, and knowing the rules is critical to staff. 
  • Literally zero punishments. You have no gags, mutes, bans, nothing. You're a great player and follow the rules exceptionally. Great job!
  • You seem very eager to apply. Staffing isn't just a new tag in-game, it takes a lot of work sometimes, and your eagerness to become staff makes me feel like you really want to staff. In game yesterday you really wanted to apply.
Negatives: 
  • Literally nothing lol.
Good luck on your app!
???????? ??????
bumpity bump bump
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

mans a good noodle. has helped me on occassion.

dont pass this guy up.

+1
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
You nice person, Nerd.
But i didn't seen any help from you. I'm not saying about the past of course, you were just a player.
For example, yesterday, before it turned into my hate club.
I'm not saying you were supposed to help, God no. But it would be a good chance for you to show that you want to help keep this server safe(since you are applied), but you didn't.
From what i seen you were fine with rule breaking and toxic behavior towards other ppl.
Or you just didn't care and simply wanted to play the game, this is understandable, but not for someone who want to be a staff. Strictly my opinion.No offence.
I hate to be this person, but i think you are not ready to be a staff.
[Image: ?imw=512&imh=233&ima=fit&imp...erbox=true]
(02-03-2023, 07:35 PM)Garro Wrote: You nice person, Nerd.
But i didn't seen any help from you. I'm not saying about the past of course, you were just a player.
For example, yesterday, before it turned into my hate club.
I'm not saying you were supposed to help, God no. But it would be a good chance for you to show that you want to help keep this server safe(since you are applied), but you didn't.
From what i seen you were fine with rule breaking and toxic behavior towards other ppl.
Or you just didn't care and simply wanted to play the game, this is understandable, but not for someone who want to be a staff. Strictly my opinion.No offence.
I hate to be this person, but i think you are not ready to be a staff.
Just popping in to say that I don't think not doing something about rulebreaking as a Regular should be a reason to keep someone from being staff. There isn't much one can do when there's staff on except alert the staff to things they may otherwise not be aware of, and from what I understand Nerd has been doing so. Not to mention even as a Donor on PH you can't do much about rulebreakers without having an abuse report written about you. 

Also remember that as a staff member, while you do have an obligation to do what you signed up for, you are also allowed to play and enjoy the game. Just gotta find a healthy balance between the two.