Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Staff App Format
My suggestion is to change/overhaul the Staff App Format, Questions, Requirements and How To Promotion between ranks. 

Format Questions/
It's a little silly to answer the same question every time you want a promotion and a lot of the time your answers won't change. I think it would be interesting to add some questions that fit for the role. Like for Trusted's applying for TMod, an example could be "How has your staffing experience been as Trusted?" or for TMod's applying for Moderator an example could be "How was the change from Trusted to TMod" or something of that nature. It's a small suggestion but one that would benefit staff applications since the staff app format at this moment is a formality as opposed to an insight into the applicant and how they act.

Format Scenarios/
I think the admins and staff should devise a different set of scenarios for the different ranks to answer. The ones in place now are good but some of them are worded somewhat poorly and could definitely use an update considering the rules have changed from then. Also, it would be nice to have someone else other than the user be able to see them. We could devise a new scenario on the same format (google docs/forms) and it would make more sense in the current climate as well. 

How To Promotion/
Pretty much the same as the other to, just being able to make a new version of it in the current climate would be nice since it is very outdated.

Also*: This was made in mind for specifically TTT, but it could be for the other servers as well.
[Image: 0TUKGOp.png]
+1 i think damien is ready to be tmod
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(01-31-2023, 12:57 AM)Damien Wrote: -snip-
:yawn: ok
I
n all seriousness, I think it would be good to change the questions up for upcoming staff members who want to receive a newer rank to show their progress or, at least, something new to ask for the current position instead of repeating the same answers. The format does a feel outdated, but, it’s personally just a nitpick at it, having gone and repeated the same format for my staff apps not too long ago.
my eyes won’t focus on anything but the colored bits so ty for this list of roles, but i think you repeated a couple of them. the scenario questions confused me when i made my ttt staff app though so igree with that part.
you are just scared of the mod questions
Honestly not even sure how much adding questions like "how has it been" bla bla as trusted tmod etc would help, unless it would be to help future incoming staff. With that being said though, if you (whoever is filling out the scenarios) have been having a tough time with your current rank and that's an answer that you'd put, maybe it'd be better to reconsider applying for the next rank etc. I like some of the questions we currently have, but I'd like to see more complex ones, perhaps even direct examples that staff have dealt with.

Also, maybe some way to publicize answers on peoples staff apps so the community can see what they put as well? I could be wrong, but I'm genuinely not sure if the google forms are even used anymore when deciding whether or not someone should be staff, I personally feel like I've botched a couple questions and still got my promotions. I also don't remember what I answered bc that was over a year ago lmao
(01-31-2023, 12:55 PM)voidzz Wrote: I also don't remember what I answered bc that was over a year ago lmao
I'm sure you can ask an admin to see your answers (and everyone else's answers). I'm sure the list of answers just keeps growing lol. Actually I'm interested in seeing the crap responses as well. Can we make that happen?

Responding to Damien, I don't know if this change is really necessary because most people (myself included) usually go over what they did, what they can work on, and what they're looking forward to in the appropriate sections that we already have. If the admins wanted to make the change that Damien suggested, I think a "reflection" section, where the applicant can reflect on their behavior, potential criticisms (that the applicant brings up before the community), play style, attitude, etc. would suffice
(02-01-2023, 12:41 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: I'm sure you can ask an admin to see your answers (and everyone else's answers). I'm sure the list of answers just keeps growing lol. Actually I'm interested in seeing the crap responses as well. Can we make that happen?
Admin's can't see the google forms for the scenario as far as I know, I think queef or one of the older admins are the only people that can see it (Unless I am wrong).

I'm pretty sure I've tried to include my responses to the scenarios on my apps but I could be wrong.
(02-01-2023, 12:49 PM)Damien Wrote: Admin's can't see the google forms for the scenario as far as I know, I think queef or one of the older admins are the only people that can see it (Unless I am wrong).
Useless and why we can't have nice things

Wait, if the current admins can't see the responses to the scnearios, why are we doing them? Who's looking at them? Why did I waste my time doing that horsecrap?
That's why I was saying at the very least the admins should remake/revise the google form so that the admins could actually see it (If they can't, pretty sure they can't).