Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's your real name...?
+1 gatsu is respected as a staff for a reason
+1, one of the most levelheaded and overall effective staff members we have. Knows the difference between fun and what goes too far, active, and knows the rules. Also presents great ideas here.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I don’t see this app getting any -1’s. Slater is level headed, knows the rules, and is very active in the community. With that being said, I don’t even think you have been a part of the server for a year yet (please correct me if I’m wrong.)

When I think of slater, nothing but good things comes to mind, but there are certain scenarios that test you as a staff member that I think only come with experience. I think a couple more months would be very beneficial! Despite this, I have no doubt that if given the role, you would succeed and have the staff team behind you. +0 Good luck my friend!!
+0 stop taking reports in the middle of rounds so no one else can take them and then not handling them for 12 rounds noob
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(03-03-2023, 08:12 AM)Icey Wrote: 1) With that being said, I don’t even think you have been a part of the server for a year yet (please correct me if I’m wrong.)

2) When I think of slater, nothing but good things comes to mind, but there are certain scenarios that test you as a staff member that I think only come with experience. I think a couple more months would be very beneficial!
1) You are correct! I had gotten on the server around July of 2022 and became staff around the end of August 2022. 

2) I say that while, yes, there are a few scenarios, I have no doubt in my mind that I can find a solution to the problem in a reasonable matter for "the" party, for multiple parties, or even for the community as a whole. With that being said, I totally understand the reason for wanting a few more months of being mod. As stated by bryan in the staff server, mods who have been in that position for 3 months + with 600 hours can apply. I feel that with this requirement, I am ready to tackle this position and go through these scenarios that I have not the chance to deal with. Thank you Icey for the criticism/feedback and thank you friend!! All love Heart
I am just going to -1 this.

Personally I don't think your ready at all for admin, you stray too far from the guidelines at times.

For example on multiple occasions I have stopped you from banning people for Mass RDM when they only had one or two reports in a single round. I have also seen you ban people for Minge without them even having any warnings at all in the Awarn system or not even doing anything that would fall under Minge in the guidelines.

Below are some examples I easily found.

Based on Awarn you banned two people for Minge since they "targeting, harassing, teaming/ghosting" yet the one player only ever had two warnings where 1 was team and the other warn was ghosting. (Bringing them up to 12 points) The other player had a third warn for flaming. (Bring them up to 18 points) This should have even with a Minge warn added, only have lead to a week ban for one and a two week ban for the other. not the perma ban they were given. This took place 19/2/23 around 3am.

A group of three players were perma banned on the server with only a single warn each (one had a Moderate Teaming, other two had a single slur warn) for Minge which no information about it at all. (Also what ever was going on must have been voice chat since their hour on the sever they rarely used text chat).

There was a fourth player on that same time frame that was also banned for minge and only have 2 slur warnings. Although looking at the relay they did seem a bit combative about their warns and may have gag evaded.

There was also a fifth player that had three slur warns (putting them over the 10 point threshold) that you perma banned for minge as well.

All five of those bans took place on 22/1/2023 at around 1am CST.  I am going to remind everyone that under the guidelines for how Minge Warnings and Bans works you should give them a minge warn and a day ban for first offense and some of these probably shouldn't even fall under minge based on how we define it in our guidelines. (Even in the old guidelines Minge was only a perma on the second offense)

All of these make me question how much I would trust you as an Admin when you so readily jump to use the Minge ban as a one size fits all problems type of solution.
(03-03-2023, 12:38 PM)chibill Wrote: 1) Based on Awarn you banned two people for Minge since they "targeting, harassing, teaming/ghosting" yet the one player only ever had two warnings where 1 was team and the other warn was ghosting. (Bringing them up to 12 points) The other player had a third warn for flaming. (Bring them up to 18 points) This should have even with a Minge warn added, only have lead to a week ban for one and a two week ban for the other. not the perma ban they were given. This took place 19/2/23 around 3am.

1) For the first group, they were using voice chat during that time and I had given them verbal warns to stop messing with a certain player for multiple rounds and rdming him for giving a warning to me in the admin chat about the two. I had noticed that they were teaming/ghosting and targeting the specific player after getting a handful a reports during the one map while having to deal with them pushing the guest around. This had all occurred in the one map and I had issued a minge perma ban for breaking these rules over the in the short span of three rounds. Should I have issued the minge warn? Yes, definitely. Towards the end, they started to get more aggressive, thus why I perma banned them for minge. This is a reasonable concern as I should have documented and I did not. 

2) A group of three players were perma banned on the server with only a single warn each (one had a Moderate Teaming, other two had a single slur warn) for Minge which no information about it at all. (Also what ever was going on must have been voice chat since their hour on the sever they rarely used text chat).

There was a fourth player on that same time frame that was also banned for minge and only have 2 slur warnings. Although looking at the relay they did seem a bit combative about their warns and may have gag evaded.

There was also a fifth player that had three slur warns (putting them over the 10 point threshold) that you perma banned for minge as well.

All five of those bans took place on 22/1/2023 at around 1am CST.  I am going to remind everyone that under the guidelines for how Minge Warnings and Bans works you should give them a minge warn and a day ban for first offense and some of these probably shouldn't even fall under minge based on how we define it in our guidelines. (Even in the old guidelines Minge was only a perma on the second offense)

2) For these five players, two were friends with each other while the other three were together as a friend group. For the first three, they were all friends on the server at the time. They did use voice chat a lot. I had issued verbal warns about them talking about sexual topics. They had been purposefully rdming during that and slurring right towards I had banned their first friend into which they had started slurring towards the end multiple times into which I gave them a perma ban for minge for all three. 

The last two players were friends, if I recall correctly. The fourth & fifth player, as you mentioned, had been tagging along with the other group, both groups of friends which were not friends with each other, had been causing issues to the server and players together. During the tenure of dealing with the other group, they had been rdming and slurring as well, to which I had warned the fourth player and he did not take that well. As he started slurring repeatedly again in voice chat, I had banned him for minge. For the fifth player, he had slurred repeatedly multiple times to where I couldn't issue the slur bans for both of these players. I had banned them for minge for breaking the slur warning multiple times. For all five of these players, yes I should have warned them for minge for documentation purposes and I had not warned them for it. 

As a last statement that I'd like to add, over the course of the three months I have been mod, I would normally perma ban without giving the day ban and a warn as many of the other moderators would consist of the same ban treatment by placing a permaban for minge for multiple rules broken in a short span of time without a warn or a day ban for first offense. Now, am I saying it's right to disregard the guidelines? No. I should have documented it and placed it in the watchlist and followed it, but I did not. As I have been watching my actions currently, I have followed the guidelines to document a minge warn into their warns and made sure to establish the multiple rules broken to display why I banned the individual in question. 

I'm glad you had brought up the issue and glad we can discuss this! Thank you for the concern and your vote, if you have anything further to add, please do! Thank you once again chibill!  :)
Hi chibill! Thank you for the comment and criticism! This is totally a valid concern that I have worked on recently over the past two weeks where I did state that for some warns, I did mention not warning for minging during the times I should have to document that. Up top is my responses.
I like you but I don't think you meet the criteria for the role.

You are a good moderator, I just think you need time. This place can get wild.
+1 for slater. He's been doing nothing but good things for this server.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
bump