Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solxmn Donor Abuse
Offender's Name: Solxmn

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:91242611

What Server(s): TTT

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: Kicked a player out of rage because they got RDMed.

When They Did It: Around 12am on 02/07/2023

Potential Witnesses: @Evan 

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/...Y3MTYwMTMs
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
I had to scroll back in my chat to get the image since I didn't remember to screenshot it originally, taking the picture on the map we were on immediately after (fastfood, kicked on nuketown).

https://imgur.com/a/C72Ca76
this solxmn guy must've been ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he kicked him out of so much rage!!!!!!!! such a dumb word choice, solxmn literally said one thing and yall said RAGE lmao

[Image: 360_F_175808306_fNGOZX56ULlVCpUCXKQgm5SCPfgG1TIX.jpg]

also sounds like dude might've specifically targeted him based on the rdm and chat, did you guys look into that? lol 

unban vis
Unpopular opinion, but was there more to it then RDM and vis just getting annoyed, was the guy being a troll/dickhead to him prior to the RDM? I know rules be rules but considering Jebron I'm pretty sure others have kicked him for being a bit of a dick, Normally nothing more comes from it because it was warranted within the context. 
I am totally being reasonable and not just trying to defend myself in a possible future thread.  Angel

EDIT: Yeah what Voiddzzz said +1
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
just gonna add a little bit more,

[Image: YXja1lA.png]
this is CURRENTLY what we have IN OUR GUIDELINES for donor abuse. not only does it say it's a 0 point warn if it comes down to it, however it typically focuses on the abuse of ungag and unmute self, which is what 95% of donor abuse is. The world "usually" in there allows for leeway in the definition, however the gag/mute/kick part focuses on trolling or harassing players. I would argue, 99% of people who know vis, know he didn't do it to troll or harass jebron, vis is one of the most chill guys on the server (which is also why i'm irritated with the continued use of "rage"). As a moderator and whoever else was on, please read the guidelines when making decisions like these. I am a firm believer in verbal warnings go a long way (:
Rage discussion aside, kicking someone for rdming you while staff are on is donor abuse, +1 for unban and a strike
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
To clarify for those who are just as ignorant as myself, Vis (Solexmn) was banned due to a 6 point AWarn, which put him above a warning threshold.

This is absolutely a case of donor abuse 100% given evan's supplemental screenshot - harassment by another individual should be reported to staff online and dealt with by the online staff. Kicking is appropriate only when no staff are online, and in accordance with the donor guidelines Vis should have followed up with staff via ping in main discord, then kicking/posting a ban request as appropriate.

However, in the past donor abuse was handled by an awarn log, verbal/DM warning w/ guidelines link, and a tracking in our watchlist - these were not generally strikes.
As this is Vis's first such offense that I can find anywhere, I believe a verbal/DM warning and link to the guidelines is appropriate, in lieu of a donor strike.

As for the ban, while I feel Skull's awarn was appropriate given his prior approval from a TTT admin, donor abuse shouldn't really be on the same scale as other warnable actions. It seems like a 0 point warn for logging purposes for the first offence would be good, as donors aren't given the guidelines when they donate. I informed the TTT admins of the ongoing situation, and they will act when appropriate.

I would strongly encourage 9vis to appeal his ban if he would like an unban expedited.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I'd sure hope that first time slip ups aren't instant strikes now lol like Jammin said it used to start off with a DM by an admin with a warning. +1 for unban and a warning to not do it again
if he got a threshold ban he should be unbanned immediately, donor abuse is considered a 0 point warn in the guidelines and shouldn't count towards any kind of ban unless the donor abuse is egregious and continuous.
Skullfire thank you for the report. This does fall under donor abuse and a 0 point warning has been added in place of the 6-point warnings.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]