Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
From Donor TMod to Admin? Will I Evolve One Last Time???
+1 for me. Skullfire is a great dude and I feel as though can give him a shot.
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
(02-24-2023, 08:31 AM)Gabe Wrote: -snip-

Yes, I do agree that I should have some more time within the general discord of Dinkleberg's but I have been branching out lately and starting to get to know the other staffing teams. I am actively attempting to engage with everyone in the community to strengthen my connections. The lack of activity in the main discord is understanding though but I just want you to know that I am attempting to change that <3.

(02-24-2023, 12:00 PM)voidzz Wrote: -snip-

Regarding the issues of not knowing some of the things we use like tec and other things. I have knowledge of all of these now. I never had a time to be trusted as I came into the staff team as a Donor TMod but I have actively been learning the ins and outs of the staff team ever since I came back. Yes, I do not know everything, that is why I ask a lot of questions, but I try to gain as much information as possible and I believe I have done well with becoming a stronger staff member overall in this regard. Also, nobody really knows everything, sometimes we need to ask questions in order to be enlightened about a topic. Now, the thing with 9vis. I am very familiar with the guidelines but I was unsure how to issue the warn because the 0 point warn was not there when this occurred. I proceeded to ask how to handle thing due to that and issued the warning points which led to his ban. I do have some blame in the matter but the guidelines were not adjusted for this as there was no 0 point warn option. The mistake was handled and reverted rather quickly but it did happen.

Other than these points I just want to say that I may not have the most activity in main discord (which I plan to work on) and I am still trying to meet more people from other servers but I have improved in other ways. Before I came back I really had nothing to do with staff discord, the community, or the forums and my staffing was not the best. I have come back and improved myself on all of those fronts. I am even attempting to get more involved with the dev team in order to help assist the server with more than just the face value. Yes, I may still have things to work on but I feel that I am able to fix most of these concerns that people have rather quickly. I tried to condense everyone's concerns in this post if you have any more questions please ask <3.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
Skullfire definitely feels like admin material. They are fun, caring, and active. Good luck +1
+0. Echoing Tiefling and Gabe overall. I would trust him in the position, but nothing stands out in particular that screams “this person should be admin” either.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I think mainly you are mostly ready but there are a few things you need to work on from what I've seen. 

Community Engagement: This is major part of what I see being an issue, due to the lack of engagement in the main discord. You do spend a lot of time in the staff discord in the TTT section, but I don't see much activity outside of the main discord. While yes, you do interact with other members from different servers, it's a little bit minimal imo. That would be the major point that needs to be worked on and be fleshed out since admins are leaders of the community and also members that widely known. 

Issues dealt with: This is the last major part that I feel should've been included. I think putting in your experience of dealing with issues helps out your application a lot and helps show others that you can have clear judgement, a clear understanding of the rules, and clear objective in dealing with the issues. You can definitely include it in the app and it'll benefit your application a lot but this is just a nitpick and something that isn't something that should disqualify you. If you could put experience, that would be amazing to show what other works you have done besides staffing.

I think it's somewhat fair to base experience to how high the bar was set by bryan, but I think that the major points of an admin would be:

Vision of Running TTT

Active to a certain degree

Can be confident with their decision and be confident with being an Admin

A lot of the opinions I saw previously before this admin app were people primarly gauging towards staff members with dev experience. While yes, they would be very very beneficial to being an admin, another part of being an admin would be plans and a desire to be an admin with a major focal point being very vocal as an admin. I had previously forgot to mention this on another admin app but, that was one part that is lacking and I feel that you could be a little more vocal or engaged in the main discord. 

While I think, personally, you are about 99% confident in the rules, there are some points that would be need to worked on, but there are also points in the guidelines that don't specify or go in depth with certain topics. Second point that I saw was the lack of being a mod. You are able to apply for admin with 600 hours and 3 months of activity as a mod. While it may seem short for others, that is the recommended experience to have to be able to apply for admin. The other point I had saw in this thread was needing to have past experience of being an admin and being a red flag if you don't have experience. This is somewhat a terrible statement due to some members not having previous admin experience yet they got admin. I think that you are primarily ready for being an admin and I would trust you to be an admin and lay out your plans and be fairly confident. The only issue is just the engagement and that's about it really. I say +1, but would need to work on heavily getting the engagement in the main server.
-1 pulled a "I'm staff I know the rules" card first few months you came back, while I tried to explain something to you. Other than that you seem like a nice guy, good luck next time
(02-28-2023, 11:55 PM)dan Wrote: -1 pulled a "I'm staff I know the rules" card first few months you came back, while I tried to explain something to you. Other than that you seem like a nice guy, good luck next time
Tbh I do not remember this exchange. If you had more context it would be much appreciated. Also, if I made you feel any type of way sorry, as I said though I do not remember ever acting that way towards you. Otherwise, thank you for the response.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
Idk if normal users can vote but +1 if so.

Fair, efficient, respected, and most importantly active on the server. An affable and strong moderator that bolsters a decaying staff roster. 

Dont let the nerds bring you down.

I say this as someone who got banned by him.
(03-02-2023, 07:26 PM)Castilleja Wrote: Idk if normal users can vote but +1 if so.

Fair, efficient, respected, and most importantly active on the server. An affable and strong moderator that bolsters a decaying staff roster. 

Dont let the nerds bring you down.
Anyone can give their opinion on a staff app, though ultimately it's up to Dink himself to make this decision unless something changed there.
Personally I don't understand why everyone is ripping into Skullfire so hard, considering some of the criticism given here would definitely apply to me as well and no one is mentioning it at all.

I will say that in my honest opinion while you do have great staff quality you may need a little bit more time as Mod, since your still learning some of the tools you have available and second guess yourself a good bit. But other then that I don't see anything wrong or any bad qualities to you being able to become an Admin.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]