Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jammin TTT Admin App
I never gave a serious response on this like I meant to, so here's that.

Jammin, thank you for almost always being in my corner during my stupid moments. Honestly, if it wasn't for you being one of the admins, I'd probably still be banned in various places right now, and your presence is a large part of my attempts at improving my behavior despite reservations I have towards certain areas of the community. I promise I won't tell anyone about all the times you leaked staff chat to me. o7
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Hi Jammin. You were very nice to work with and I hope you have great success on your irl achievements and commitments. Have fun out there.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
hope ur doin well too jam
I'm back in town and saw that Jammin resigned. I wasn't going to post anything but I saw that I was tagged so now I'm obligated to respond, right? I'll try not to make this one too long, but you know me

I haven't known you a long time so I can't speak about you too much, but from what I do know, you were/are an upstanding member of this community. Not many people can gain the trust and respect of the community, other staff members, and Dink, and rise the ranks to Admin of anything. Clearly you were doing something correctly. Your ability to cut through the crap and get straight to the point is something that will serve you well in life, as I'm sure you're already aware

I'll speak briefly about your admin-ing of the pit of despair discord. Anyone who would volunteer their time to moderate a discord server, oftentimes the worst places on the Internet, for free, during their free time, should be commended. I don't spend a lot of time in the discord, but I can only imagine how terrible it would be without you and your moderators' moderation. So thank you for taking the time to be our online janitor :)

Finally, I want to speak on a more personal level. I'm going to talk about my most recent moderator application. At the time, I didn't know much about you. Prior to that playing stint, I had been on break for about two years. I didn't know you all that well, but you somehow knew of me. Given what I did know of you, I thought you were trying a little too hard at being a staff member. In my opinion, you were writing posts that were too long, too wordy, and too cringe (ironic coming from me, I know). To be honest, I thought you would have a negative opinion of me and -1 my application. But on that application you said that I was "literally the standard we measure other moderators against" (coincidentally, you also said that I should be admin again so that you can retire lol. Time is a circle). That shocked me. Someone I had very little dealings with called me the standard of moderation on this server. That one line instantly changed my opinion of you. Not because you were basically fellating me over the Internet, but because I finally understood you. You're me. I didn't like you because you were behaving similarly to me. I write long posts that no one reads. I tirelessly defend my believes over the Internet to the point of exhaustion and cringe (remember that 100+ Google Slides presentation you made? Or that one time you mentioned getting lawyers involved because of slander or something like that? Good times). I spend (or spent) too much time caring about the server and its inhabitants. Just like you. Once I read your comment on my application, I did some digging and found that Nicky (I know, I know. He was cool before whatever happened at the end of his tenure) compared you to me. It all made sense. We're simpatico in our staffing styles

I say all of that to say thank you. Thank you for being you. There aren't many people that would dedicate their limited free time to ensure that a mod of a mod and a sweaty discord server are enjoyable for everyone who joins, but you did. You sacrificed your time in an effort to make this community a better place, and I believe you did just that. Know that your efforts will not go in vain. You're leaving behind a competent and willing discord staff, and your legacy of moderation will live on in the TTT server. You should be proud (as proud as someone who moderates an online community) of what you've done, and you can hold your head high as you depart. I know I say this every time I post on one of these farewell threads, but I hope to keep in touch with you in some capacity (even though I'm the biggest lurker there is), and I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors

Godspeed
who r u
ily jammin
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
aaaaa i just noticed i never posted my draft, sorry jammin :c

we had a pretty rough start, what with me being a minge and a troll when i first joined the discord, but i’m glad i’ve gotten to work alongside you the past 9 months. i didn’t realize the amount of thought and effort you put into the discord server until i became an admin and saw everything you had planned on your own time, and i doubt there are many people aside from Kap and myself who can fully realize how much work you’ve put into this server. the dedication you demonstrated behind the scenes as discord admin was honestly impressive, to say the least. you may not be the best at meeting self-imposed deadlines, but you’re an extremely motivated and hardworking person when left to your own devices. thank you for all of your hard work, jammin :)
I was wondering why I had a ton of forum pings. I could go on and on about how great of an admin you were, instead I'll just say it was a pleasure.
The best admins always step down. You are no exception. Still looking forward to seeing you around in the community, you deserve the easy life now
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I just saw this. I love you buddy ♥